General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

MUST SEE: Newest video of the sadler mobile..

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 07:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

That was cool to watch. Your car sounds mean. I like it.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nice video, nice song, good job!
Old 07-15-2002, 08:33 PM

we keep changing the song.. trying different stuff.. just wait till this weekend for some new stuff.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:00 PM

Originally posted by thebigsadler
we keep changing the song.. trying different stuff.. just wait till this weekend for some new stuff.
weeeeee, more fun!
Old 07-15-2002, 09:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

im in love,
very nice work on the car sadler, and props to the video crew.
MrGone
Old 07-15-2002, 09:54 PM

WOW. Awesome video.

Is your CE light on during the in-cabin part?
Old 07-15-2002, 10:29 PM

Originally posted by DCmax
WOW. Awesome video.

Old 07-16-2002, 04:46 AM

Originally posted by DCmax
WOW. Awesome video.

my friend was being an @ss and wouldn't zoom in.. it's windshield washer fluid

i squirted too many people again....
Old 07-16-2002, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by MrGone
im in love,
very nice work on the car sadler, and props to the video crew.
MrGone
thanks
Old 07-16-2002, 05:33 PM

Alright, what's the latest song? I like the techno/club music better. I gotta get this song. What other cool techno/club songs do you all recommend?
Old 07-16-2002, 06:05 PM

anyone have a download site to get some good techno? I really need to beef that area up!
Old 07-16-2002, 06:10 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

luke another great video... nice ride

guesss it's time to get the dust off the camera..
Old 07-16-2002, 06:51 PM

Sorry bout the G-ride jay

Old 07-16-2002, 07:23 PM

Great site, kazaa.com. Now what was that lovely ladies song while the video was playing?
Old 07-16-2002, 07:28 PM

Originally posted by Virus
Great site, kazaa.com. Now what was that lovely ladies song while the video was playing?
That would be: Tukan - Light A Rainbow
Old 07-16-2002, 08:33 PM

Downloaded 3 versions from kazaa. Any other cool songs you'd like to share? Sorry to hear about your car Jay.

Thanks for the song!
Old 07-16-2002, 09:05 PM

Nice Job

Great job on the video. I enjoyed the music - kept the cadence of the visual in synch. Also the time lapse was good. Did you use a mount on the wheel shots. If not, fairly steady hand - very nice.

Great Job.

Finally, the car sounded and handled excellent. Interior was not my style, but very composed and tight. Nice headlight washer light (sorry, just kidding).

Great Job - a lot of work. We appreciate it. Very impressive.

Shaydz
Old 07-16-2002, 09:47 PM

Ugg. That video needs to be about 1:20 seconds shorter. You overkilled so many things: The strobes in the begining; the dolly around the car; the outside car shot etc. Also NEVER ZOOOOOOOOM. Thats the first rule of film making. Just take that damn zoom button off your camera. I got major motion sickness watching that. I hate to be hating on it, but... yeah maybe I'm being picky. This is really nothing like what the DTM guys(guy?) makes. Those are really high quality.
Also, its time invest in a glidecam http://www.glidecam.com
Old 07-16-2002, 09:52 PM

Originally posted by Nick Robinson
Ugg. That video needs to be about 1:20 seconds shorter. You overkilled so many things: The strobes in the begining; the dolly around the car; the outside car shot etc. Also NEVER ZOOOOOOOOM. Thats the first rule of film making. Just take that damn zoom button off your camera. I got major motion sickness watching that. I hate to be hating on it, but... yeah maybe I'm being picky. This is really nothing like what the DTM guys(guy?) makes. Those are really high quality.
dude
Old 07-16-2002, 10:55 PM

we're glad that we have an expert filmographer amoungst us maxima enthusiast, however i'm sure the video was made for sheer personal enjoyment and not for sale. so as long as who ever watches it has fun, and whoever making it has fun making has fun then it's nothing short of being perfect.
Old 07-17-2002, 06:24 AM

Don't take it so hard gtr_rider. The choppiness quality makes it. Hell, a lot films (and TV) these days do it on purpose (NYPD Blue, Sopranos, etc.) and I bet they have a "glidecam".

For the reasons you did it and the audience, it was great.

Where are these "DTM guys" videos. I'd like to see some professionally done stuff as well, but not for comparison, just for contrast.

Shaydz
Old 07-17-2002, 06:51 AM

yep uh huh.. okay.. sure...

Where are your videos so we can see what true skills are? Cuz obviously I am not good at all and you seem to be quite a professional.. so please post some stuff.

I mean I am all for constructive criticism.. but you are beating the dead horse a little bit here..

and i never said DTM quality, because this was taking with a Sony DSC F707 Digital Camera, not even a video camera.. I just meant I wanted to have a lot of videos with music and some fun stuff in them, like the dtm forum guys.
Old 07-17-2002, 06:57 AM

Maybe I was a little harsh but for a "must see video" it wasnt what I thought. And maybe I was a little blunt but everything I said holds true and you should put it into consideration the next time you shoot and you will come out with a better product. It has very little to do with the camera you used as your loosing the quality anyway when you upload it. I promise your next video will be better if you take the things I said into consideration.
ER,NYPD,etc are all filmed using stedicams. The camera is moving a lot but it isnt giving you a stomache ache. A
Again I am sorry I offended you but I was just giving some consturctive critism. If I hadnt said anything, you wouldnt have learned anything. So try those things out next time and see how it turns outs.
I havent spent anytime making a car movie but I actually had a gread idea before i fell asleep last night.Maybe I'll do it. All my stuff is 15-20 minute shorts.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:37 AM

Maybe I was a little harsh but for a "must see video" it wasnt what I thought. And maybe I was a little blunt but everything I said holds true and you should put it into consideration the next time you shoot and you will come out with a better product. It has very little to do with the camera you used as your loosing the quality anyway when you upload it. I promise your next video will be better if you take the things I said into consideration.
ER,NYPD,etc are all filmed using stedicams. The camera is moving a lot but it isnt giving you a stomache ache. A
Again I am sorry I offended you but I was just giving some consturctive critism. If I hadnt said anything, you wouldnt have learned anything. So try those things out next time and see how it turns outs.
I havent spent anytime making a car movie but I actually had a gread idea before i fell asleep last night.Maybe I'll do it. All my stuff is 15-20 minute shorts.
that's cool.. as long as you arent a d*ck i appreciate the help, i am not that interested in filmography myself, but it's fun to mess around with.. and my digi cam is no good for it, but all i have now.

a friend of mine just graduated from new york acadmeny of film and he's gonna make a 5-10 minute movie of my car before i go back to FL hopefully..

take a vid of your car i'd like to see your work.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:33 AM

I would dearly love to see this video, but I am having terrible time seeing it. I have downloaded it. I try opening and it talks about wrong compressor. I know that someone already mentioned this and gave a fix, but when I try the link all I get is a blank screen. I have already tried downloading explorer 6 and it didn't work. Can someone please advice...
Old 07-17-2002, 09:20 AM
Administrator

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divxcodec5.html

Originally posted by JAIMECBR900
I would dearly love to see this video, but I am having terrible time seeing it. I have downloaded it. I try opening and it talks about wrong compressor. I know that someone already mentioned this and gave a fix, but when I try the link all I get is a blank screen. I have already tried downloading explorer 6 and it didn't work. Can someone please advice...
Old 07-17-2002, 09:22 AM
Administrator

if i made the video it would look better
Old 07-17-2002, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by thebigsadler

that's cool.. as long as you arent a d*ck i appreciate the help, i am not that interested in filmography myself, but it's fun to mess around with.. and my digi cam is no good for it, but all i have now.

a friend of mine just graduated from new york acadmeny of film and he's gonna make a 5-10 minute movie of my car before i go back to FL hopefully..

take a vid of your car i'd like to see your work.
Which program at NYFA did he take? They send me lots of pamphlits but I dont have the money to go. I did go to the Rockport Film School which is semi famous. Next year im going to the Newhouse School @ SU. (I just graduated HighSchool)
I'll see if i can get a few people rounded up this week and make my movie. It will be more along the lines of the BMW films that BMW made last year or whenver that was.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:28 AM
Administrator

you do know that that video you made with you driving around in the parking lot wasn't really that impressive right?

Which program at NYFA did he take? They send me lots of pamphlits but I dont have the money to go. I did go to the Rockport Film School which is semi famous. Next year im going to the Newhouse School @ SU. (I just graduated HighSchool)
I'll see if i can get a few people rounded up this week and make my movie. It will be more along the lines of the BMW films that BMW made last year or whenver that was.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:30 AM

I didnt make that to impress. It was testing out my new camera mount, and we happened to be at an empty wet parking lot
Old 07-17-2002, 09:33 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax
you do know that that video you made with you driving around in the parking lot wasn't really that impressive right?
Oh and if you ment that as an a$$hole statment please note that I got $50,000 in scholarships just because of my films.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:07 AM

everytime I hit a link now, since I tried earlier to download upgrades to explorer, it does not let me link at all. All I get is an empty window. Why?
Old 07-17-2002, 10:13 AM

Oh and if you ment that as an a$$hole statment please note that I got $50,000 in scholarships just because of my films.
good for you, thats nice...

I didnt make that to impress. It was testing out my new camera mount, and we happened to be at an empty wet parking lot
We didnt make this movie to "impress" you, its just a movie that we found to be rather cool, and better quality then most videos posted here. If you are willing to pay my bandwith, I would gladly bump the video back up to its 300MB size, you wanna? dont think so... I take this rather hard, because I spent a lot of time doing this and it really ****es me off that you come and say we could have done way better, and compare it to freakn $1k cameras and ****, and freakn professionally schooled photographers! whats up with that.. Like Darren said up top that video of you in the parking lot was all that good a quality at all. You just pretty much drove in the same line, then we had to wait as your car stalled.

No, this should be a project you are doing not a few people... This movie was a 3 man operation, 1 camera man, 1 driver, 1 editor.. If your trying to say that your gonna make a BMW films type deal, I would love to see this..

BTW, Im self taught.... With some minor help from clee
Old 07-17-2002, 10:24 AM
Administrator

yes it was.. and i don't give a ****.. how much money you got.. the US Govt will give anyone money.. **** they will give you money if you can have two monkey's sleep together on camera..

no one asked you for your expert opinion.. now take it and shove it up your a$$..

do i tell you how to use your computer? do i tell you what operating system to use? see where i am going with this? guess what.. i get paid 6 figures to help fools like you..

Old 07-17-2002, 10:29 AM
Administrator

http://64.252.156.63/divx/

Originally posted by JAIMECBR900

everytime I hit a link now, since I tried earlier to download upgrades to explorer, it does not let me link at all. All I get is an empty window. Why?
Old 07-17-2002, 10:32 AM

You seem to be interested in making films, and that one needed help. Even if you re-edited and took out those parts I said it would be better.
I dont care about the resolutoin of the movie, we are all used to having that decreased. I dont think I said anything about that anyway?
I am self taught as well. The stuff I learned at film school was about 16mm, nothing I get to used outside a class room setting.
I wasnt comparing it to 1k cameras. It has nothing to do with the camera your using. My camera is a 300 POS that has a mount stuck to that I cant get off.
I understand it took you a long time to make this. You can stay at the same level and keep having your movies look like that, or you can progress and make them better and see even cooler results. I am only saying these things to help you. I learned through trial and error and am at the point where I know what I am doing (well, in some areas... i know jack about lighting)
Again- That movie was not even me filming. It was more of a test and I figured I would edit it- it was a rainy day and there wasnt much else to do.

Finally all my movies I do everything but the acting. I write,direct, film and edit. Thats what I would be doing with this next one. But I need people to act in it

Again- it was a valiant effort but I know that you can do better. Dont get so offended. Your doing this for fun, but with a little work they will seem nearly professional. You have a great car to work with and you will be able to produce better movies.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:35 AM

yes it was.. and i don't give a ****.. how much money you got.. the US Govt will give anyone money.. **** they will give you money if you can have two monkey's sleep together on camera..

no one asked you for your expert opinion.. now take it and shove it up your a$$..

do i tell you how to use your computer? do i tell you what operating system to use? see where i am going with this? guess what.. i get paid 6 figures to help fools like you..

First of all they were not goverment grants/loans. They were from film making contests.

Second people on the internet are ALWAYS giving their opinion. People are always a$$holes on the internet. If i made a post saying how horrible Linux was and Mac OS 7 was the only way to go, I bet you would give your "expert" opinion. There is no need to get all ****ed. My sugestions are good ones and its hard to dispute that. If they take those into consideration the next time they make their movies we both know they will be better.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:41 AM
Administrator

no one said how horrible the film was.. thas what you are not getting.. this was not a post about "how is my work, how is the film"

its a post aobut a maxima video.. no one asked you for your opinion.. their are about 200 IT Tech's on this site.. and i am sure they don't tell Jambo expert advice on this site.. if i am a builder and i see someone has a house in their sig.. i dont' say.. dood.. you should have put hte garage here.. or put the garage here..

until someone makes a post aobut opinions.. like how is my OS.. or how is my house.. no one should be stepping up and making the comment.. who gives a **** if you are in films.. so what.. no your role and stay in your f#cking lane.. if you are a film expert yo ushould have f#cking knew from the beginging it wasn't going to be an A Class production.. and quite fankly who gives a ****?

this is a maxima site. .not a film making site.. people watched the video to see a maxima.. and a damn good looking one too. .they didn't watch the video to see the quality of it or how it was zoomed.. that wasn't the focus of the video..

so next time.. mind your god damn business and stay in your f#cking lane

First of all they were not goverment grants/loans. They were from film making contests.

Second people on the internet are ALWAYS giving their opinion. People are always a$$holes on the internet. If i made a post saying how horrible Linux was and Mac OS 7 was the only way to go, I bet you would give your "expert" opinion. There is no need to get all ****ed. My sugestions are good ones and its hard to dispute that. If they take those into consideration the next time they make their movies we both know they will be better.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:46 AM

no one said how horrible the film was.. thas what you are not getting.. this was not a post about "how is my work, how is the film"

its a post aobut a maxima video.. no one asked you for your opinion.. their are about 200 IT Tech's on this site.. and i am sure they don't tell Jambo expert advice on this site.. if i am a builder and i see someone has a house in their sig.. i dont' say.. dood.. you should have put hte garage here.. or put the garage here..

until someone makes a post aobut opinions.. like how is my OS.. or how is my house.. no one should be stepping up and making the comment.. who gives a **** if you are in films.. so what.. no your role and stay in your f#cking lane.. if you are a film expert yo ushould have f#cking knew from the beginging it wasn't going to be an A Class production.. and quite fankly who gives a ****?

this is a maxima site. .not a film making site.. people watched the video to see a maxima.. and a damn good looking one too. .they didn't watch the video to see the quality of it or how it was zoomed.. that wasn't the focus of the video..

so next time.. mind your god damn business and stay in your f#cking lane

Wow Guy. Simmer. I dont see why you are getting more angry than the makers of the movie.
I am not and didnt say that I am any expert. GTR seems to be into film making- he made this, he made a forum about it, etc. GTR said it was "an excellent movie" with "the excellent camera skills". I was a bit disapointed so I gave my opinion. Its nothing to loose sleep over. It not worth raising your blood pressure, sprint.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:04 AM
Administrator

what the f#ck is with the new music?

Quick Reply: MUST SEE: Newest video of the sadler mobile..