General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I'm looking for new insurance company possibly...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2000, 08:34 PM

This just sucks. The existing policy had myself (age 26)and my wife (age 36), '98 Maxima & '98 Altima. Clean driving records, $100 deductable, Maximum coverage...Premium was $700/6 mos.

She and I separate, I drop her and her car (the Altima) off the policy. Good 'ol GEICO now rates me as a single male, w/ no multi-car-discount. Rate: $694/6 mos!!!! Just a $1/ month difference.

Despite the fact that we are still technically "married", the married rate does not apply because we're not in the same house...I argued and argued, but to no avail.

So, to all you single guys out there, does this seem like a reasonable rate??? I think it's outrageous that I'm basically paying the same amount despite removing coverage on one of the cars!!!
Old 12-10-2000, 11:01 PM
NissanFreak

That sucks man! Give AAA a try. I've had them for 4 years now, and i think they're pretty good.

Old 12-11-2000, 12:14 AM

I use AIS for insurance, they are pretty much as cheap as I could find. I don't remember the number, but if you shoot me an email, I'll get it for you.

Also try Farmers, if you have a clean record you can get good rates with them.

Luck!
Old 12-11-2000, 04:53 AM

Yea, that's a great rate-->>

I'm 27 and I pay about $1,000 every 6 months with Geico...
Old 12-11-2000, 06:38 AM

Thought Geico was supposed to give you 3 quotes of the "best competitors rates". I'd try General Casualty, American Family, COntinental Western and State Farm. Otherwise, you have have to move to a less expensive place like.....Iowa. We have cheap insurance and beautiful blonde farm girls here to console you in your time of need....road trip!
Old 12-11-2000, 07:46 AM

Nah that's Progresive that does that-->>

but your right about Iowa I've never seen so many beutiful white girls in one place in my life.. It's like the opposite of DC(which has the most beautiful black women). I was near the University while I was there (Cedar Falls). If I were into white girls I would move..

Originally posted by kratz74
Thought Geico was supposed to give you 3 quotes of the "best competitors rates". I'd try General Casualty, American Family, COntinental Western and State Farm. Otherwise, you have have to move to a less expensive place like.....Iowa. We have cheap insurance and beautiful blonde farm girls here to console you in your time of need....road trip!
Old 12-11-2000, 02:12 PM

Originally posted by The_quorum
This just sucks. The existing policy had myself (age 26)and my wife (age 36), '98 Maxima & '98 Altima. Clean driving records, $100 deductable, Maximum coverage...Premium was $700/6 mos.

She and I separate, I drop her and her car (the Altima) off the policy. Good 'ol GEICO now rates me as a single male, w/ no multi-car-discount. Rate: $694/6 mos!!!! Just a $1/ month difference.

Despite the fact that we are still technically "married", the married rate does not apply because we're not in the same house...I argued and argued, but to no avail.

So, to all you single guys out there, does this seem like a reasonable rate??? I think it's outrageous that I'm basically paying the same amount despite removing coverage on one of the cars!!!

Try Reliance direct i had geico before and switched to Reliance direct and saved like $1400,,, when i got my max
You can get a quote from there website..
Old 12-11-2000, 03:27 PM

ok...best quote so far...

Prudential...If I keep the deductables at $100, its' $574/6 mos. If I kick the deducts. to $500, the premium is $524/6 mos. Still waiting for Nationwide. AIG was sky high...so as Progressive.

And about the women...The midwest rocks. That was the reason I went out to Chicago around Thanksgiving...to meet a drop dead gorgeous romantic interest. I didn't want to come back.