General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Attn: People with APC wire harness....i have a problem>>

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2000, 09:30 AM

i installed everything according the instructions on the package and i even checked out cheston's diagram...for some reason the low beam doesn't work. the high beam works though....i can hear the relay for the high beam go on but the relay for the low beam doesn't click..i checked both relays to make sure they worked and they are fine...also, when i put the high beam on the fogs don't turn off...hmm...what could it be..i am assuming that both grounds are good because the highbeams come on..i have each connector in the bulbs, each side grounded, one of the connectors going into the stock relay(nearest the battery), and both + wires going to the positive side of the battery..the only thing i can think of is if APC gave me one wrong relay..can someone read off the numbers on their relay for me...thanks a lot..it's freakin irritating that the low beams don't come on...

Old 12-16-2000, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by binhle
i installed everything according the instructions on the package and i even checked out cheston's diagram...for some reason the low beam doesn't work. the high beam works though....i can hear the relay for the high beam go on but the relay for the low beam doesn't click..i checked both relays to make sure they worked and they are fine...also, when i put the high beam on the fogs don't turn off...hmm...what could it be..i am assuming that both grounds are good because the highbeams come on..i have each connector in the bulbs, each side grounded, one of the connectors going into the stock relay(nearest the battery), and both + wires going to the positive side of the battery..the only thing i can think of is if APC gave me one wrong relay..can someone read off the numbers on their relay for me...thanks a lot..it's freakin irritating that the low beams don't come on...
there's a little block box, which I assume is one of the relays, that I did not use. Once I disconnected it, all the lights worked fine.
Old 12-16-2000, 03:24 PM

hey gotrice....problem..

hey man...
i tried taking the black box off but that didn't do anything but solve the problem of the fogs not shutting off when the highbeams come on...i can hear the highbeam relay clicking whenever i put the highbeams on but the lowbeam relay doesn't click on and off...BUT..both relays work fine because i tried them both on the highbeam connector..the low beam connector seems to be the prob..any ideas??? how about my theory of different relays?? i doubt it..anyone know how to contact APC? phone #??thanks a lot.. got rice...can u email me at BL513@hotmail.com if u have any ideas..thanks dude

Old 12-17-2000, 07:20 PM

trying to move message up...

rg
Old 12-18-2000, 05:00 AM

doesn't sound like you have it hooked up right.. I had the same problem (low beams wouldn't come on.. only highs) but once I removed the relays everything worked fine. THere's something wrong in your setup (exactly what.. I don't know unless I see it)
Old 12-18-2000, 03:37 PM

hey got rice>>

what do u mean by removing the relays?? u mean the cubes that turn the highbeams and low beams on and off or the little black box that is removable from the setup??i think the little black box is so that the fogs turn off when the highbeams go on..can u give me some more input..my setup>>>>> i have both red wires going into positive side of battery..both connectors in each bulb, both grounds good on the body of the car, and the original factory harness (one closest to the battery) going into the apc wire harness...now..i have both relays in and the black box(they refer to it as this on the directions) disconnected..what could be wrong??!?!?..thanks dude
Old 12-18-2000, 04:04 PM

sounds like everything is wired up correctly.. you got me stumped