General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

something not cool - another driver tried to run me off the road

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 05:36 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

something not cool - another driver tried to run me off the road

i was coming home from the track and i was on the last stretch which is a two lane road.

i cant remember exactly what kind of car it was but i know it was either a minivan or suv. anyway he flashes me trying to tell me to turn high beams off. so i turn off my headlights to show him that i dont have highbeams on.

he keeps flashing and as soon as i get within a car lentgh he swerves right into my lane! i was like WTF! and swerved up on the curb and hit the brakes. i was doing like 30 mph. i dont know how fast he was going. it all happened so quickly. i turned around and looked to see who the hell it was but other cars was behind both of us.

i think this is why its not a good idea to carry a gun in my car. if my son was in the car with me and he caused me to wreck there is no doubt in my mind i would be spending a few nights in jail.
Old 08-31-2002, 05:43 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

nooooooooo! Are you and the max okay? I really hate the way people drive. I mean, if someone's in my way, I don't endanger their lives. If anything, I'll endager my own instead by passing illegally lol. I'll flip 'em off, but I won't hurt them or my car...that's just wrong. I hope everything is okay.
Old 08-31-2002, 06:42 AM
Administrator

yuh shudda bus a shawt inna da bumbo deh
Old 08-31-2002, 08:45 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Do you have HID's?
Old 08-31-2002, 08:55 AM

Re: something not cool - another driver tried to run me off the road

Originally posted by nismo2020
i was coming home from the track and i was on the last stretch which is a two lane road.

i cant remember exactly what kind of car it was but i know it was either a minivan or suv. anyway he flashes me trying to tell me to turn high beams off. so i turn off my headlights to show him that i dont have highbeams on.

he keeps flashing and as soon as i get within a car lentgh he swerves right into my lane! i was like WTF! and swerved up on the curb and hit the brakes. i was doing like 30 mph. i dont know how fast he was going. it all happened so quickly. i turned around and looked to see who the hell it was but other cars was behind both of us.

i think this is why its not a good idea to carry a gun in my car. if my son was in the car with me and he caused me to wreck there is no doubt in my mind i would be spending a few nights in jail.
Believe it or not I think it's an everyday occurence in Philly. Yesterday a pickup came up the center lane instead of the turn lane, cut everyone off making a left turn, and just happened to cut me off as well. Ususally I let it go because Philly is like the Wild Wild West as far as vehicles on the road with no reggies or insurance, and lack of police presence, but this was pretty bad so I was teed off. However, this guy continued to cut off everyone. When he reached Lindbergh Blvd. he ran the light and made a left turn without even stopping for opposing traffic. I figured he probably was in the process of hit/run, because making a left turn through a red light could cost a person their own life. I really believe a gun wouldn't help against these motorists. Until there are enough cops to remove unlicensed/unregisterd/uninsured motorists and their vehicles from the road, this stuff will live on, at least in Philly.
Old 08-31-2002, 10:30 AM

Re: Re: something not cool - another driver tried to run me off the road

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

Until there are enough cops to remove unlicensed/unregisterd/uninsured motorists and their vehicles from the road, this stuff will live on, at least in Philly.
The problem is, cops don't do squat even if they catch such a person (they don't deserve the name "driver"). When such an uninsured and unlicensed "driver" hit me last year, the cop wrote him a ticket but let him go. The guy hardly spoke any English and had no idea of how to yield to oncoming traffic when making a left turn. The damage from the initial impact was minimal (I almost stopped right in front of him) but the idiot panicked and kept pressing the gas pedal and ramming my door!
Old 08-31-2002, 10:58 AM

wtf i thought the gov was going to crack down on uninsured drivers
Old 08-31-2002, 01:11 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

sprint - me no man

amixam98 - yes
Old 08-31-2002, 01:37 PM

You probably blinded him with the HIDs, a lot of people aren't used to the bright light.
Old 08-31-2002, 01:47 PM
Zam

I've been in Germany for 4 months now and no road rage incidents. I've been flashed for an improperly aimed foglight, but no one tried to kill me. G'lord, what is the deal?

I don't get all the anger that Americans have when they are behind the wheel.

I love being an American, but living in the U.S. blows. Give me some Cable TV & I'm retiring here.

Zam
Old 08-31-2002, 03:10 PM

Originally posted by Zam
I've been in Germany for 4 months now and no road rage incidents. I've been flashed for an improperly aimed foglight, but no one tried to kill me. G'lord, what is the deal?

I don't get all the anger that Americans have when they are behind the wheel.

I love being an American, but living in the U.S. blows. Give me some Cable TV & I'm retiring here.

Zam
I almost think has to do with arrogance more than directly anger. I think too damn many people think they are more important than everyone else on the road. So they ignore laws which then ****es everyone else off and everything escalates.

I wish I was confident that something will happen to correct this, but I fear it will only get worse.
Old 08-31-2002, 10:54 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I once had someone ride my *** for about 5 miles on a wide open 6 lane freeway. It was immature but I slammed on my brakes and the *** almost rear ended me. Then he gets in the lane next to me, matches speeds, and starts coming over to the right to force me off the shoulder. I couldn't shake this guy. If I went faster so did he; slower was the same. So it ended up I was driving about 60 in the shoulder and took the closest exit before I ended up in the ditch. Here's where it gets f'n crazy. The bastard comes over both lanes, passes ME on the shoulder of the offramp, pulls a half u turn and stops all the way across the offramp, blocking all traffic, and he GETS OUT WITH A BASEBALL BAT. I was like "HOLY ****, is this really happening?!" I managed to pull within about 2 inches of his front passenger quarter panel, and belive me I left a good few feet of my tires getting the hell away. Looking behind me, I saw them drive the WRONG WAY back up the offramp and get back on the freeway. I got their plate #s and called the cops but they didn't do anything of course. Of course, this car was like a black accord with about 5 punkass high school kids....and furthermore, if I EVER see that car again, they had better have comprehensive insurance to cover the mysterious vandalism to soon occur....
Old 09-01-2002, 12:09 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax
yuh shudda bus a shawt inna da bumbo deh
HAHAHAHA
nice one.
you shoulda kicked his *** for messing with you..
bad tempered people that can't do jack shiet when you go up to them with the a bat...
Old 09-01-2002, 08:53 AM

SERENITY NOW ! ! !
Old 09-01-2002, 09:33 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

I was going to post this but I thought it was not worth a new thread.

Last sunday night I was dirving home. I was behind a early 90's BMW grey 4 door. I guess he thought I was riding his ***. I Honestly did not mean to if I was. I was only behind him for like 30 sec. at the most.
Anyway, at the next light we ended up next to each other. We were both the first cars at the light. I hear him yelling something so I roll my window down, and he's saying something about me riding is ***. He reaches under his seat and pulls out a gun!!!!. I am like Whoooooo, dude calm down. I could not go any where because there was traffic crossing in front of me and cars behind me. He kept telling me "I going to shoot you in the F***ing head". He looked pretty doped up or at least drunk.
When the light turned green he took off. I followed him, wrote down his plate # and then made a U turn to get the hell out of there. He saw me write his # down, so he turned around and followed me waving the gun out the window.
Luckly he could not hang with my I30 5-speed. I lost him easlily.

There are some crazy wacked out people dirving around. You never know when some coke head will go on superman trip and lose it.

BE SAFE OUT THERE GUYS
Old 09-01-2002, 09:35 AM
SLOW

Thats crazy. I live in a moderate size metro area, not big like detroit or chicago, but probably half a million people. I have yet to experience a case of "real" road rage like this. I hope I never do, knock on wood. Glad you are ok.
Old 09-01-2002, 03:22 PM
ThisMax2NV

Shoulda just busted a cap in his a$$. J/K Well maybe if the light was right you could of had gotten his licence plate number and call the DMV safe driver number and report him. Good way to get back at people. At traffic school they told me that if someone turns you in you get your licence restricted and and they make you take the test over written and driving, then they watch you for 3 to 4 months.

Old 09-01-2002, 08:09 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

its crazy out there

i think people take driving way too serious sometimes. road rage is sickness. i get on the road and i understand that there idiots out there that make dumb moves on the road. long as they dont harm me or my family life goes on.