General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

All you young max owners..

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 08:38 AM

just win the lottery. forget about working and modding at such a young age.. concentrate 200% on school.. go to school all year round..it will pay off in the long run..screw 10-12 dollar an hour jobs..nothing to what is possible with a education. never work when u have to study..only work to pay for necesities.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:01 AM

I'm just 17. My mom gave me my car for my 16th birtday. I'm pretty much spoiled and get my stuff when I want it.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:42 AM

Originally posted by snootalope

Let me state one of my favorite quotes..
"A successful man makes more money that his wife (gf) can spend"
I don't know who said, but I always remebered it!!!
So true! I believe the second part of that went:

"A sucessful woman is someone who can find such a man!"
Old 09-13-2002, 10:11 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

21, work at a bank, sell cars, wheels and have my own company (internet sales)
I haven't been modding my Lex as much as my Maxima that I used to have but if and when I get another Max, I got a few mods planned.
To all you guys spending all your money on mods, my advice is don't do it. There is always something more important that spending your last $400 for a clutch or a y-pipe. You should really mod when you have money WELL in excess not otherwise. I notice a trend that is totally the opposite of this. For a great read I recommend "Rich dad, poor dad."

Anton
Old 09-13-2002, 10:28 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: well

Originally posted by RR95SE

Yeah, right, Jason.

What I want to know is how the "older max drivers" afford mods...what with mortgage payment, homeowners insurance, utility bills, auto insurance, food, etc. And if you have children You youngsters have it easy.

RR

Not completly im 20, married, w/ a 2 y/o(mini me... he loves cars especially imports, when he see's my car hes always like... daddys race car.. so cute) but I do have a good Job and ive been here a lil over 2 years and working my way up the ranks.. im a supervisor.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:35 AM

Originally posted by kushane

You've heard that too huh!?!! so true..
Old 09-13-2002, 11:33 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Me likes
Old 09-13-2002, 11:35 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: well

Originally posted by Y2KSESteve

Hey OT, but have you ever seen Alex's ride?
alex who.. there are many, rosten, southwest autoworks alex, who?
Old 09-13-2002, 12:00 PM

A successful woman is a lesbian. Men are pigs.

sorry, I had to say that since that statement was so blatantly sexist, I figured I'd counter it with the same logic.
Old 09-13-2002, 12:55 PM

18, been working since I was 12, just saved up. Car is payed off, got enough to pay for college, mods, 3-4 times a year. Hard work pays off. My parents only pay $100 per six months for my insur, and that's all they pay. Also helps to get a 92 SE for only 1600 bucks!
Old 09-13-2002, 02:17 PM

Re: All you young max owners..

Originally posted by maximaracer28
How do you afford the mods? haha I know this has been discussed many times, but I just turned 17, finished paying off my 99 se-l andn ow its finally time for me to mod now my question is, how do you people afford it? I mean I work a job, but dont make that much $...it just seems people bust out w/ith stealin body kits etc weekly with other mods...or if anyone has tips for making $ quick, no not selling drugs...and sprint please dont ***** my post
How come the picture in your sig is from a 92-94 SE?
Old 09-13-2002, 02:19 PM

BTW I'm a drug seller. I sell Class II,III,IV,V drugs along with PPI's
Old 09-13-2002, 02:27 PM

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ
hmmmm
Old 09-13-2002, 03:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: well

Originally posted by thebigsadler

alex who.. there are many, rosten, southwest autoworks alex, who?
Southwest, sorry. His suspension like yours....
Old 09-13-2002, 10:02 PM

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ
Since you aren't selling Sched I's, I'd say you're not slingin' dope on the corner. More like a pharmacist. You can probably afford a few mods.

Back to topic, and this is coming from an old(er) man. School should be far more important than mods or a job if you are in high school. Like someone else posted, only work for the necessities right now; an education is far more important than impressing your current friends. In all honesty, they may not be anywhere in sight in 5 years. Once you get on your own and comfortably on your feet, then you can mod with any "extra" money. Your plans for the future can do a 180 real fast, so it is best to have some cash put away for the tough times. It sounds like you have your head square on your shoulders, so just keep working hard and be patient. Things'll come. Enjoy life; you only get one.

Dave
Old 09-13-2002, 10:45 PM

im 18, i paid 5k to my car, my parents pay for the rest, and the insurance. i dont do mods, only tint and system, i have the $ and i want to do it, but i realize college and more thing in life are a priority than hooking up an already tight *** car.
Old 09-14-2002, 08:12 AM

Yea I am listening to all you guys and its true... I should be focusing on school 200% which I am doing. I have good grades, decent sat score and am looking at colleges and applying soon. Its simply I have always loved cars, and now having my max its like I want to mod it...I want to go to meets and have a nice moded car or go to car shows and have a nice car. Right now I dont really pay for anything except for gas...right now its simply whether to put my $ aside or mod the max...which I know for the adults here is simple, put the $ away but being 17 and in high school that choice isnt that easy...

Mike
Old 09-14-2002, 08:58 AM

Originally posted by Dave Holmes

Since you aren't selling Sched I's, I'd say you're not slingin' dope on the corner. More like a pharmacist. You can probably afford a few mods.

Back to topic, and this is coming from an old(er) man. School should be far more important than mods or a job if you are in high school. Like someone else posted, only work for the necessities right now; an education is far more important than impressing your current friends. In all honesty, they may not be anywhere in sight in 5 years. Once you get on your own and comfortably on your feet, then you can mod with any "extra" money. Your plans for the future can do a 180 real fast, so it is best to have some cash put away for the tough times. It sounds like you have your head square on your shoulders, so just keep working hard and be patient. Things'll come. Enjoy life; you only get one.

Dave
You said it Holmes :gaptooth:
Old 09-14-2002, 09:27 AM

19 Been workin since i was 15 but last year i lucked out and got a real nice Inheritance/Trust Fund so i'm be doing pretty well in the mod department soon. I Still work my a$$ off to get all i can for my car. Brian
Old 09-14-2002, 09:41 AM
aka UNCDooD

damn, i wish my parents would help me out a little and pay for my insurance at least...but i pay my car payment, insurance, cell phone, credit card, gas, school, and food sometimes. I pay it all. I go to school full time work full time and have another part time job and cash flow is still kinda low after all that. I need a better job or something...
Old 09-14-2002, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by maximaracer28
and I worked my *** off all summer and to be honest I have no clue where all my $ went...
Mike
didnt tu say that u paid off ur car...???? im guessing thats prolly where most of ur summer money went...

i was lucky enough to GET the car from my parents...it was my moms before i got it when i turned 16...i am 18 now and all i do is spend money on mods......i work 50+ over the summer for the pst 3 summers and that helps a lot to...i save my moeny during the summer and mod my heart out when im done.....
Old 09-14-2002, 02:22 PM
Former Sponsor

I just buy mods... and when i ad it all together i dont know where i get the money from
Old 09-14-2002, 10:49 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

I'm turning 20 in 3 months and I don't really have much money to play with for mods. Although I do have a little bit saved up that can buy me a body kit and a set of nice rims, I still have other things that might require me spending $ on, which are more important than my max

I'm a full time college student and I work part time. Recently, I moved out of my house and money started to disappear very quickly The situation is not working out though, not even because of the money so looks like it's going to be back to my parents house for me.. which will save me a lot of $ at the same time but i can see how independent people would have less money to play with.

I still plan on doing some things to my car.. It's just that everytime i get paid, some other expense pops up.
Old 09-15-2002, 07:49 AM

Sr. In Highschool, Im 18 I bought my car from saving my money for like 4 years ( not kidding) I have a good job and pay for my insurence and gas as well. I dont really buy that much stuff, but now that im no longer spending any money on my car, we'll have to have some fun
Old 09-15-2002, 11:00 AM

Park behind your parents in the driveway, and when they back into you, throw some mods on the repair bill.
Old 09-15-2002, 08:57 PM
is invisible

I'm a poor, recent college grad applying for grad school, which will make me even more poor!