General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

i just got bad news about my maxima :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2000, 02:47 PM
perlmax90

the mechanic told me theres frame damage so he can't fix it. i have to take it to the body shop first. i don't think my parents are willing to speend that kind of money on that car, so i might loose it.

it really sucks i wasn't going that fast, i swear i took that turn at about 10mph and lost control. i think pepboys need to pay me for having ice in the parking lot. i'm kinda mad now... what kinda cheap Japanese **** did i buy?

Old 12-18-2000, 02:49 PM
The missing moderator

Originally posted by perlmax90
what kinda cheap Japanese **** did i buy?
Hmm, you are just asking to get flamed....
Old 12-18-2000, 02:53 PM
perlmax90

i don't care i'm fu#$ing pissed

how in the hell could that much damage happen when i'm going so slow?

if that wont **** you off then o well.

Old 12-18-2000, 02:55 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

[I]
what kinda cheap Japanese **** did i buy?

im hoping you said that outta frustration of the bad news...because if you're serious...then...i dunno what to say...
Old 12-18-2000, 02:59 PM
I'm needing a caw

1st of all, you don't know for 100% there is "frame" damage. You actually have a unibody but I digress. 2nd of all, a full wheel locked hit even at 10mph is pretty fast when it's icy. 3rd of all, it's not the car's fault you can't drive in the bad weather and your parents aren't willing to shell out the $$. Don't you drive the car?? How come you can't pay for your own mistakes?? You had $$ to put all that "stuff" on your car didn't you??
Old 12-18-2000, 03:06 PM
perlmax90

dude i still want my maxima

i still want to drive it but i don't see that in the near feuture. and thats really pissing me off. i feel like beatting the **** out of that guy at pepboys who said it wasn't thier falt, like they're alowed to have ice in the parking lot. but i punched a hole in my bedroom wall instead.(good thing i didn't hit the stud) i'm mad at everyone right now. i'm pissed that i wanted the car when i saw it, at my perants for buyuing it, at the owners of pepboys, at the people who makes these cars, and that i even went to pepboys and you want to hear something funny i went for no reason. i went to return something but i forgot the box at home so i couldn't even fu#$ing return it.

Old 12-18-2000, 03:16 PM
perlmax90

i got layed off

and i'm looking for a job now? so until then my parents are helping me. and you wanna know something i wasn't going to say anything but every thing on my car is stolen. i had people steel them for me or i stole it myself. and the weather wasn't bad the hole parking lot was plowed and salted but that one spot. i always go that way to park so that why i went there and it looked like slush not ice.

Old 12-18-2000, 03:20 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: i got layed off

and you wanna know something i wasn't going to say anything but every thing on my car is stolen. i had people steel them for me or i stole it myself.
now there's something to be proud of...you may wanna delete that...i know that's something i wouldn't post...you never know who could be lurking...
Old 12-18-2000, 03:32 PM

You think PepBoys should pay for your damages ??????
You were driving...slow or fast...its your responsibility
to drive for the conditions.....Don't get me wrong..we all
feel bad for you but you were behind the wheel...PepBoys
didn't have anything to do with this....

Tmeyers-Colorado
Old 12-18-2000, 03:44 PM
perlmax90

i got layed off because the store cloesd down.

it wasn't my fault.

so if i was carefully walking in that area and i fell and busted my head would that be my fault too? so why is it my fault when i'm carfully driving and lose control because they did feel like using salt.

you know i see the patern, i swear evertime i drive carefully something bad happens, i think i should speed from now on...j/k

Old 12-18-2000, 04:40 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

well looks like you want some sympathy from the BBS...that's not going to happen.
even if u were driving 10mph there's no way your car can sustain that much damage. i had a 240 and i nailed the curb going around a turn on a black iced road..i hit it going a good 20-25mph. i had no body damage..only lower control arm, sway bar endlink, new rim, and tie rod. now am i supposed to sue the town because they didn't salt in time? nope... suck it up and either ask the parents to fix it or get another job and make the $ to fix it. it's the holiday season ANYONE can pretty much get a job somewhere. it's not the end of the world. you lost control of your car..no one to blame but yourself...but i wasn't there so i won't say anything about that. good luck
Old 12-18-2000, 04:56 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Sometimes you just gotta deal with sh*t.......

yeah i KNow it sucks, but its not Pepboys fault and its not entirely your fault, its simply an accident that happen so go ahead and fix it or whatever!!! how bad did you hit whatever you hit??? do you have insurance?? I know it sucks, cause I've been in a weather related accident before and I've had damage over $1k before(broken oil pan, f'ed up front alingment and axle, damgaed right brake discs) and had downtime for a couple weeks!! BTW if you expected sympathy you shouldn't have gone crazy and blamed everyone but yourself for the accident, it makes you seem immature. hope you work all this stuff out!!!
Old 12-18-2000, 05:31 PM

PearlMax, u shouldnt have said that you stole everything thats on your car. No offense, but I just lost alot, if not all respect.
Old 12-18-2000, 05:46 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

... what kinda cheap Japanese **** did i buy?

It's not really cheap if it's going to cost a lot to fix .....Do you have insurance, you might want to take advantage of it here. Just pay the deductible.
Old 12-18-2000, 06:12 PM

At least you did not total it. So look on the bright side. Yah I totaled my 90 max but it saved my life because it is such a solid safe car. I did not bad mouth or get angry at the car because I love 3rd gen max,s. They are fun and powerful cars. Plus they look more luxury than a camary or accord. So I suggest you get over your bad mouthing maxima stage and say your sorry for say that bullsh!t which you did not mean because I remember you saying you loved your max awhile ago.
-Jon
Plus all the cheap**** comes from china!

Old 12-18-2000, 06:23 PM

Well, let's see

The first response said you were asking to get flamed and I was going to lay low until you bragged about having people steal parts for your car and stealing parts for your car. I see a profile here-You got laid off from your job-probably 6 months ago and still haven't gotten your lazy, spoiled *** out to get a new job, you cracked up the car that mom bought you, and you're upset because mom might not get you a new one. Where do you live that they allow 12 year olds to drive? Get out and get yourself a new job and pay to have your car fixed and quit whining. Either you're B.S.ing or your an idiot. Why else would you brag about stealing parts, losing your job, etc. You sound like my brother-everythings someone else's fault. Look in the mirror. BTW, My brother is 42, so you still have time to get your act together.
Old 12-18-2000, 06:48 PM
perlmax90

OK I'M GOOD NOW

i was really pissed so i went and emptyed out some co2 cartrages, its the closes think to a real gun i could get my hands on.(didn't shoot any humans) sorry about what i said earlyer. i'm just through with this car, there's always something wrong with it. my mom said she'll buy me another 3rd gen maxima, she doesn't want to spend money on this thing and i don't blame her.

one other thing now that i look back on it i shouldn't of posted that these cars are cheap ****, but you guys can't possibly think it was my fault. you can't tell me that wasn't pepboys fault. i was driving extra slow i swear i couldn't of possibly taken that corner any faster that 10mph i know it. if pepboys are responsible for plowing and salting there parking lot to make it safe and they fail to do so how is it my fault. if you own a house and you don't salt in front of your house and someone falls and hurt them self no matter if they were runing or not its your fault, and they could get money. with a car its a little different because if your speeding you take the blam, but i wasn't speeding. i don't feel it was my fault, you could say it wasn't pepboys fault but you can't say it was mine. and for the record to the person that posted that imature thing i blamed myself for going there in the first place.

and MaxRod33 i didn't steal everything on my car, some was stolen buy other people but alot of it i bought. and its not like i stole it from someones car anyway. i took them from stores. and i just had to do it because it was to easy to do. besides i don't do it anymore, actually there's someone on this board who wants me to get them some lights but i'm not doing it.

you guys don't have to give me sympathy, i see everyone else post about there maxima getting totaled so i decided to post to(that was my post before with the pics). to night i was just plan mad and when i get mad sometimes i write or type it and i feel better after a while, but i was so pissed that i decided to post it.

i don't understand why everyone is blaming me anyway. besides the cheap **** comment. i would like to know how it is even remotely my fault. so some one tell me. and don't say **** about you were speeding because i was really going around 10mph.

and for the record i wasn't bragging about getting layed off. if you read you you would notice someone told me to pay for it my self, i said i didn't have a job and then someone else replyed i wouldn't admit that or some **** like that. i was saying that i can't afford to fix the car because i don't have a job. i'm trying to get another job, i sent out like 16 apps. and no one has called back yet. and even if i had a job i couldn't of afford to fix that thing you think i'm rich or something. i used to have alot off money in the bank until this car came around and i always have to fix something so i'm poor now. trust me if you spent that much money and time into your maxima only to have problems after problems you would be pissed to.

and i didn't bragg about stealing things ethier if you didn't noticed some one told me that i put all that stuff on my car but couldn't afford to fix it. and i simply told them why that is. but like i said i don't do it anymore so i don't care what you think.

and really someone with common sence explain how it could be my fault. and i already apologized so there really wont be any need for name calling.

Old 12-18-2000, 07:01 PM

You see why i said you sounded 16 or younger perl??? Its offical now though
You are a moron and i have 0 respect for you or your crappy *** "Fear this" bent *** maxima.

Adam
Old 12-18-2000, 07:03 PM

Re: OK I'M GOOD NOW

Well, thats better. Sorry about your bad luck but **** happens. You would have to get a lawyer to sue the store and might end up paying more that way. If someone slipped one my side walk, I would not say its my fault and pay the person for damages would you? The store does not want to pay for what it does not have to.
-jon
Happy Holidays
Old 12-18-2000, 07:05 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: OK I'M GOOD NOW

what did you hit??? and btw how long were you driving in the icy parking lot before you had the accident?? did you tell your insurance? I would doubt that you could sue Pepboys since no one else had an accident, they would probably find some way to say you weren't cautious enough!! as for your job and all that other sh*t, thats your biz and you can tell us at your liking, just get ready for various responses!

Old 12-18-2000, 07:09 PM

WHAT THE HECK

Whoa, what the hell is wrong here. The guy got in an accident. Have none of you been in accidents?!! He was upset that his car is having so many problems, so he vented a little. He apologized for what he said. It's wrong that he stole some stuff from stores, but 2000MAX, you have no right to straight up call him a moron?? That was incredibly harsh...maybe you guys have some prior tension I don't know about?? When you get in your first and/or next accident 2000MAX, I hope you don't post about it, because you will be flamed.
Old 12-18-2000, 07:14 PM

I called him a moron for a few reasons. Not because he got in an accident, but because he flat out sounded like a moron by calling all of our beloved cars japanesse crap or somthing like that, then saying all his stuff is stolen, and a few other things. Plus i always hated that licence plate and single wiper

Adam

p.s. Ok i take back the moron comment. Ill try to think of a better word...
Old 12-18-2000, 07:31 PM

perlmax>>>

You sound very immature and sounds like you have alot of negative energy in you. Please, and I say this for your sake, don't post anything negative about Maximas and your hate for everything. We're not your pshychiatrist, we're car enthusiasts, we'll sympathize with you but we really don't care about the sh*t you stole and how you got layed off and etc. I just had my $2000+ stereo stolen couple of months ago, so I'm doing my best not to start a flaming war.
Old 12-18-2000, 07:44 PM

Hey perlmax90...its your fault...period...driving on ice
is an art....you learned a valuable lesson....drive even
SLOWER NEXT TIME...Atleast you didn't hit a person walking
across the PepBpys parking lot !!!! or another car....

You were driving and slid on ice and hit a curb..your fault
period...sorry to hear about your bad luck...but posting somthing like this is not the right place for members
to say ..."ah man...damn icy roads...lets all chip in and buy
this guy a new car"...your a young driver and just learned
a lesson......Drive very very slow on snow and ice....the
conditions can be very different from one end of a parking
lot to the other....and you just found that out first hand.

I take my daughter out driving next week for the 1st time.
I bought her a 94 Civic Coup DX 5sp....Snow is her first
assignment in the high school parking lot. Brand new snow
tires and a full tank of gas...we are ready...wish us luck
Merry X-mas...hope everything works out for you !!!

Tmeyers-Colorado

Hey d0od

did you steal that "fear this" licence plate? I've been saving for one for years, think you could hook me up cheap?

That was alot of damage for 10 mph, are you sure you were not playing in the parking lot. I once decided to pull the e brake and try and fling around the back end but my front tires slipped and it did not work, luckily I just missed an object and a couple of people. I was young dumb and full of *** but those were the good ole days. It is called learning the hard way. Good luck
Old 12-18-2000, 07:54 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'm sorry, but you're the kind of person who makes me sick... most of us here have payed hard money for our mods and have worked hard for them, only to have someone like you, if not you, your friends to come along and try and steal the mods on our car, messing up the car in your effort to rip them off. That's just wrong, why not get a job at McDonalds or something and save up for your own mods. My car was wrecked last week too, so I can feel your pain, but honestly if your are going to be stealing stuff off other cars, you need to keep that to yourself, that's not something to be proud of.
Old 12-18-2000, 07:55 PM

yea i had a fricken 93 Maxima, and i did a 180 and hit the fricken curb and BUSTED both RIMS, friggin the back axle came off, and tons of other damages, and i fukin blew the oil pan and ****...big *** damages...i had some problems w/ it like leakin oil and transmission probs like gear slippage so i got rid of it and got a 2000 Accord SE
Old 12-18-2000, 08:01 PM
perlmax90

ok were do i start

JDwyer2821 your right but if it goes to caurt you will most likly end up paying. i wouldn't pay ethier until the court tells me too. but i was to mad to think of that.

DA-MAX i hit the curb and snow bank, the hole parking lot was plowed but this one part and i thought it was snow not ice. i've drove in snow before with no problem but never ice. and i didn't tell the insurance campany because i want my driving record as clean *** possilbe for when i get my 300zx, thats why i'm not sueing pepboys. and i talked to my lawyer about it and he said he could get me money but like JDwyer2821 said it would cost more that just repairing the car.

and MaxRod33 thanks but i realize it was wrong thats why i don't do it anymore. that and i don't hang out with the wrong crowd anymore.

and 2000MaximaSE i'm not going to comment on you because i'm happy now, i was just informed that my mom is going to have her friend talk to her cusin about fixing my car.(but she'll prolly change her mind again) and guys like you are the reason i want to keep my max after i get a new car so i can do some unbelievable **** to it that would slow it down so alot, and it doesn't hurt me because i'll like the way it looks but i can see it bothers you so much so i'll do it just to **** guys like you off.

MightyMax i may sound immature but it doesn't mean i'm am, you don't know me. i do have alot off anger issues but i'm working on it, but you don't want to here that. i insult anyone elses maxima i meant my maxima was ****. and i'm sorry to here about your stereo, but i would never steal from anyone else, i only stole from stores.

Tmeyers i didn't know it was ice untill i got out the car and almost busted my a$$.

Nine7Max i'm not even going to say anything to you becasue your not seriuos and i didn't steal the plate. my friends didn't ethier

nismomaxse97 i swear i wasn't playing in the parking lot. i know i was doing about 10mph becasue i looked at the guages before i lost control. and i've never pulled the e-brake while driving, i only did it twice on burn outs. and i didn't plan on doing it again anytime soon.

ok Ants97SE in case you havn't noticed i said it again and again i never stole from some ones car. i was going to but i changed my mind. look at the mods on my website and list anything besides the stereo that could of came off of another car succesfully. there's none. besides the fogs and the stereo. but i payed for those.

Old 12-18-2000, 08:03 PM

That was alot of damage for 10 mph, are you sure you were not playing in the parking lot. I once decided to pull the e brake and try and fling around the back end but my front tires slipped and it did not work, luckily I just missed an object and a couple of people. I was young dumb and full of *** but those were the good ole days. It is called learning the hard way. Good luck
Old 12-18-2000, 08:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

No Offense

But have you seen perl's homepage, i swear you must have made that when you were in first grade. Hope you get ur maxima fixed or buy a 4th Gen.
Old 12-18-2000, 08:12 PM
perlmax90

hey there is was nothing wrong

with my home page. it's not working now i know but it was one of my first one what do you want from me. all my links worked and there wasn't ballons all over the place so what are you talking about?

Old 12-18-2000, 08:15 PM
perlmax90

ok it works (i didn't know that) but

thats not my new one

Old 12-18-2000, 10:21 PM

Turns out perl is a ricer at heart
An excerpt from his website

"If any one has pictures of their hooked up mx3 or Honda civic (other cars are welcomed I just really like the mx3 and the civic) please send them to me. I want to make a car gallery. I plan on buying a Honda civic and I'm going to hook it up."

A civic..... Tight......
Maybe you can transfer your bad *** single wiper, fear this plate and other stolen parts to it...

Adam
Old 12-18-2000, 10:54 PM

Kharma is a ***** aint it... you stole that stuff. you deserve to have your car wrecked and no way to pay for it
Old 12-19-2000, 04:56 AM

nismomaxse97

What kind of car is that on your signature? Starting today, I'm saving up for one of those also. BTW-Young, dumb, and full of *** is a great line. I have to think of ways to use that today.
Old 12-19-2000, 05:22 AM
OG :)

Originally posted by MaxiPad96
Kharma is a ***** aint it... you stole that stuff. you deserve to have your car wrecked and no way to pay for it
holy ****? look here http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=14183

pearl said something stupid like "get a sticker that says drive it like you stole it" and he is receiving flames for theft...

maxipad, dissed pearl's sig pic(s) and now maxipad's pic doesn't work

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhaha

Old 12-19-2000, 06:06 AM

Re: i got layed off

and i'm looking for a job now? so until then my parents are helping me. and you wanna know something i wasn't going to say anything but every thing on my car is stolen. i had people steel them for me or i stole it myself. and the weather wasn't bad the hole parking lot was plowed and salted but that one spot. i always go that way to park so that why i went there and it looked like slush not ice.

How old are you Perlmax90? Just curious? And posting that the mods on your car are all stolen is something to be proud of? You are crazy.

Tim
Old 12-19-2000, 07:50 AM

Perlmax,

1) It's your fault because you were driving. There is no way to guarantee an ice-free parking lot. Pep-boys is not your daddy. Learn personal responsibility for your actions. You do NOT have a right to a stress-free life. If you can't deal with ice, ride the bus or move south where it doesn't snow.

2) Your chickens have come home to roost. You stole from others or had others steal for you. This is life's little way of evening the odds.

3)You sent out 16 applications. Great. Send out 16 more. And don't wait for them to call you. Take some initiative and call them back. Then call the ones who rejected you and ask them why. Use this info to make yourself a better job candidate.

Accentuate the postive, Eliminate the negative, don't mess with anything in between.

TMAX, stepping down from soapbox.
Old 12-19-2000, 08:21 AM

Re: nismomaxse97

Originally posted by greggmax
What kind of car is that on your signature? Starting today, I'm saving up for one of those also. BTW-Young, dumb, and full of *** is a great line. I have to think of ways to use that today.
Hey Gregg
It is a 600+ hp skyline with a mean bodykit.
I do not know which one it is though. R33 or R34.

As far as thinking of ways to use it you mean the phrase right.

Quick Reply: i just got bad news about my maxima :(