General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Voxx Scorze 18x9, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 09:52 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Voxx Scorze 18x9, what do you think?

I'm thinking of getting Voxx Scorze 18x9's, check it out:

http://www.voxxwheel.com/wheelScorze.html

They are gunmetal with a polished lip. They are only around $210 a peice. Do you guys like em? I think a 9" wide rim would look really aggressive which is what I am going for. I think they will compliment the duals well.

BTW, if any of you photoshoppers (tyler, GTR, cyrus, ect.)wanna chop them onto my car, that would be MUCHO appriciated. Link the my site is to the left.
Old 09-14-2002, 09:58 PM
Master Will

I'm not feeling the style....
Old 09-14-2002, 10:04 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Those are VERY slick. I would get those in a heartbeat.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:11 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

I like them!

9" is wide as hell though

and they look "heavy"
9" is a bit too wide.. more surface area contact, more weight, more slow maxima.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by asu174
Those are VERY slick. I would get those in a heartbeat.
Nice!

NyceMinima,

If I drop the clutch at 2.5k rpm's, I spin quite a bit. If I had an inch more of surface area to grab with, shouldn't I hook up better? They will slow me down more then my 20lb. caffeines, but IMHO they will look ALOT better. The caffeines are 17x8 and still look too thin IMO. I am all about the fat rim.

These rims will probubly be around 22-25lbs realistically. But who knows, maybe I will get lucky and they'll be a little lighter. But they are in my fav color combo (dark rim/polished lip), wide, and most importantly in my price range!
Old 09-14-2002, 10:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Craig, you're killing me man. Are you spending your last $1200 on a set of wheels?
Old 09-14-2002, 10:31 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally posted by Craig Mack

Nice!

NyceMinima,

If I drop the clutch at 2.5k rpm's, I spin quite a bit. If I had an inch more of surface area to grab with, shouldn't I hook up better? They will slow me down more then my 20lb. caffeines, but IMHO they will look ALOT better. The caffeines are 17x8 and still look too thin IMO. I am all about the fat rim.

These rims will probubly be around 22-25lbs realistically. But who knows, maybe I will get lucky and they'll be a little lighter. But they are in my fav color combo (dark rim/polished lip), wide, and most importantly in my price range!

I'm no minima

Don't get me wrong..
even if they weigh 30 lbs, i think they would look so f-ing sweet on your car that the speed factor won't matter.
Go for them.

and let me know if you'd be interested in selling those Caffenes to me
Old 09-14-2002, 10:34 PM

Originally posted by SWEETSOUND2001
Craig, you're killing me man. Are you spending your last $1200 on a set of wheels?
I have a job you know! And they will be cheaper then that, more like $900...the 18x8's are $210 each. And I already have 4 guys interested in my caffeines, so I could instantly make back some cash...after all I just strapped them with brand new $500 rubber.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:35 PM

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa

I'm no minima

Don't get me wrong..
even if they weigh 30 lbs, i think they would look so f-ing sweet on your car that the speed factor won't matter.
Go for them.

and let me know if you'd be interested in selling those Caffenes to me

Will do bro!
Old 09-14-2002, 10:40 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I like the Forza better. With Forza, the spokes go all the way to the rim. They would look like 19s
Old 09-14-2002, 10:43 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

I say run with them.. they look good
Old 09-14-2002, 10:46 PM

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
I like the Forza better. With Forza, the spokes go all the way to the rim. They would look like 19s
They look alright, but I am really looking for that polished lip. It contrasts the dark rim and combined with a black max is a winner IMHO. When you and KevinG got your Volks my search for a similer knock-off began

And besides, the Forza's are around $300 a set more then the Scorze's.
Old 09-14-2002, 11:21 PM
!OG SNES OG!

Brand new flava in ya ear

C-Mack, go with them bro. Those are NICE looking!

And this from a guy with EVOS hehehe

I say get em. If you want em, that's what matters.

Mike
Old 09-15-2002, 06:43 AM

Originally posted by metallic97gxe
I'm not feeling the style....
and they're 30.6 lbs.!!!
-Cyrus
Old 09-15-2002, 07:22 AM

Re: Voxx Scorze 18x9, what do you think?

I'm thinking of getting Voxx Scorze 18x9's, check it out:

http://www.voxxwheel.com/wheelScorze.html

They are gunmetal with a polished lip. They are only around $210 a peice. Do you guys like em? I think a 9" wide rim would look really aggressive which is what I am going for. I think they will compliment the duals well.

BTW, if any of you photoshoppers (tyler, GTR, cyrus, ect.)wanna chop them onto my car, that would be MUCHO appriciated. Link the my site is to the left.
Yeah, those are sweet. I'd buy them cause of the umlaut in the name alone. j/k

$210 isn't bad, add some Yoko AVS ES 100 for about $132 and that setup will rock.
Old 09-15-2002, 09:44 AM
!OG SNES OG!

Craig - everyone is worried about weight

But is your car more performance oriented, more looks oriented, or a combination of both?

If its either of the last two, I'd go with them. A few extra pounds on the wheels may slow you down, but you'll still look good blowing past most of the cars out there.

If it's performance you're after, then save your money and buy Volks or some other lightweight wheel.

Not all of us on the .ORG are obsessed with having the lightest wheels around. Your new rims could look as good or better than any lightweight tire out there, especially if YOU think so.

I'm kinda tired of the "wheel weight" issue, when we know that many of us are buying them cuz they look (to us) nice. That's the bottom line. They have what you want (polished lip), and to you they look fresh.

I say get em.

Mike
Old 09-15-2002, 10:19 AM

Re: Craig - everyone is worried about weight

Why not invest in a nice set of chromes? You can be gangsta-thug and have the same acceleration benefits when racing
Old 09-15-2002, 10:31 AM

Re: Re: Craig - everyone is worried about weight

Originally posted by ereet
Why not invest in a nice set of chromes? You can be gangsta-thug and have the same acceleration benefits when racing
What the....

Anyways, thanks for the feedback guys! Does anyone object to the width? I don't want them to be TOO fat, but I also want that aggressive look. Does anyone have a Max or know of one with 9" wheels?

Cyrus, where did you pull this 30lb. figure from?? That's heavy as sin, but I still think they are the ****, and everyone else seems to agree with me!

Mike, My car is 55/45 for performance/looks. If indeed these are 30 lbs. each, I still would probubly get them becuase they look so good and fit every part of my picky criteria. Besides, with a 5spd it doesn't really matter...all these would allow me to do is launch harder and drop the clutch higher baby
Old 09-15-2002, 10:32 AM

Re: Re: Voxx Scorze 18x9, what do you think?

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

Yeah, those are sweet. I'd buy them cause of the umlaut in the name alone. j/k

$210 isn't bad, add some Yoko AVS ES 100 for about $132 and that setup will rock.
That's what I'm worried about, is tire prices...are you sure they have 'em as cheap as $132 for an 18x9? Hopefully even cheaper...
Old 09-15-2002, 10:37 AM

Re: Re: Re: Craig - everyone is worried about weight

Hehehehe. I'm just pulling your chain

I think they'll look good on your car, but coming from someone with 26lb rims, you WILL notice a difference, and you WON'T like it hehe.
Old 09-15-2002, 10:42 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Craig - everyone is worried about weight

Originally posted by ereet
but coming from someone with 26lb rims, you WILL notice a difference, and you WON'T like it hehe.
I know...my caffeines are 20lbs. each, so it probubly would be very dramatic....but, I question Cyrus's credibility...that dweeb always trys to spoil my fun
Old 09-15-2002, 10:56 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Way too heavy, way too big, way too wide. That's my opinion.

1) Visually, those wheels look like they weigh at least 30lbs, especially in a 18X9.

2) 18s on a Maxima just doesn't do anything for me. The 4th gen is long and slim (when lowered) and 18s look way too big.

3) 9" wide is too much rim. The 4th gen Maxima only weighs ~3000lbs which is not heavy. With this much width, you'll be hydroplaning everywhere and your handling will be worse, I'm certain of it. Traction off the line will be aweful because your contact patch will be really wide, but super thin. 8" should be the maximum width, period.

You will be significantly slower. The heavier weight, more weight pushed to the outside of rim, heavy tires, and massive amount of rolling resistance (9" wide rims) will make your car a dog. I doubt you'll break 15.5s with those rims.

Dave
Old 09-15-2002, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by Dave B
I doubt you'll break 15.5s with those rims.

Dave

So you think it would add take .6-.9 of a second to my ET??
Old 09-15-2002, 12:36 PM

[B]Way too heavy, way too big, way too wide.

3) 9" wide is too much rim. The 4th gen Maxima only weighs ~3000lbs which is not heavy. With this much width, you'll be hydroplaning everywhere and your handling will be worse, I'm certain of it. Traction off the line will be aweful because your contact patch will be really wide, but super thin. 8" should be the maximum width, period.
What is hydroplaning? Whehn you say my off the line traction will be worse becuase of the slim contact patch, are you talking about the tires? And if so, why would that effect it negitively? I'm not following.

You will be significantly slower. The heavier weight, more weight pushed to the outside of rim, heavy tires, and massive amount of rolling resistance (9" wide rims) will make your car a dog. I doubt you'll break 15.5s with those rims.

Dave
They are offered in an 18x8 version. This may save several pounds and decrease surface area. And we don't even know the actual weight of these rims. I emailed Voxx but I doubt they will respond.
Old 09-15-2002, 01:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Way too heavy, way too big, way too wide. That's my opinion.

1) Visually, those wheels look like they weigh at least 30lbs, especially in a 18X9.

2) 18s on a Maxima just doesn't do anything for me. The 4th gen is long and slim (when lowered) and 18s look way too big.

Dave
some of us don't drive every day worrying about .6 seconds on our 1/4 mile! when i take my car to the track i have 15 lb rims with drag radials. when i'm cruising to work or to a night out i don't care how much my rims weight because neither does anyone else! i care how they look and can appreciate great compliments i receive.

Craig - i say go for them, they're very nice but i would stick with the 18x8. 9" is unnecessary and i'm pretty sure you won't notice too much of a difference in the width (i know you're going for the aggressive look). btw - very nice 235/40/18 tires can be had for $125-140 at tirerack.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:01 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Craig - everyone is worried about weight

but, I question Cyrus's credibility...that dweeb always trys to spoil my fun
Kiss my **** those figures are from www.wheelweights.net - go look for yourself. You have to keep in mind though that thw weight isn't too heavy for a 18"x9" show rim. Any any rim guru will tell you that those rivets will be a pain to clean granted they don't fall off. Sorry to spoiler your fun, it's just that I think they're ugly. And I know they're heavy.
-Cyrus
Old 09-15-2002, 02:11 PM

What is hydroplaning? Whehn you say my off the line traction will be worse becuase of the slim contact patch, are you talking about the tires? And if so, why would that effect it negitively? I'm not following.

They are offered in an 18x8 version. This may save several pounds and decrease surface area. And we don't even know the actual weight of these rims. I emailed Voxx but I doubt they will respond.
hydropplaning = tires rolling on water, not road. whne u're going really fast.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by CKNY

some of us don't drive every day worrying about .6 seconds on our 1/4 mile! when i take my car to the track i have 15 lb rims with drag radials. when i'm cruising to work or to a night out i don't care how much my rims weight because neither does anyone else! i care how they look and can appreciate great compliments i receive.

Craig
I hear ya. They are though a little heavier then I'd like, and I now understand how a 9" wide rim will do jack for our little 3.0 jap V6's. My friends mainly have domestics like the Camaro/Impala SS, lightning, z28, and they all have wide rims, but also have the massive torque to boot. OH well.

There is another rim called Velox VX-8 or something like that that looks like the Voxx, except a darker gunmetal. I like it more, but it only comes in 18x7.5, and that is definatally to thin for me. It seems all the rims that I love are too thin.

Cyrus, Woof to you, sir
Old 09-15-2002, 02:47 PM

Velox VX-8

http://customwheelsmarket.com/velox-...nger-cars.html
Old 09-15-2002, 03:30 PM

Re: Velox VX-8

Now that's a good lookin' rim Sir Mack!
-Cyrus
Old 09-15-2002, 03:43 PM

Re: Re: Velox VX-8

Originally posted by Vyrus

Now that's a good lookin' rim Sir Mack!
-Cyrus

Given the price, the fact that they are significantly lighter then the VOxx's, I am seriously considering them now even though they are thin. Cyrus, you got any rear shots of your car, or any other shots that shows how wide your rims look? I wanna see just how slim 7.5's are.

BTW, Check your PM's again.
Old 09-15-2002, 03:51 PM

Re: Re: Re: Velox VX-8

Given the price, the fact that they are significantly lighter then the VOxx's, I am seriously considering them now even though they are thin. Cyrus, you got any rear shots of your car, or any other shots that shows how wide your rims look? I wanna see just how slim 7.5's are.

BTW, Check your PM's again.
They are definitely skinny. Especially since I have the wrong size tire (215/45-17). I don't really have any pics except this one which won't help you out becasue it's really too close. Maybe some 5th Genners with 225s will post some pics.
-Cyrus
Old 09-15-2002, 04:24 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i like the velox vx6's better. i think i'm gonna get those when i buy some rims.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:50 PM

Originally posted by CKNY
i like the velox vx6's better. i think i'm gonna get those when i buy some rims.
I considered those too, they are nice but I don't think they'd match the max's curves as well IMO.
Old 09-15-2002, 08:18 PM
I need a truck

i think you got some good taste cause those rims kick a$$ ....
Old 09-15-2002, 08:30 PM
!OG SNES OG!

Conrad - I love the sig.

Originally posted by Conrad283
i think you got some good taste cause those rims kick a$$ ....
Saw that a while ago. I could watch gravity take it's course all day long to those. That's a sweet pic.

Mack - as far as the rims, I like them both. The Velox ones are a little cleaner, lines wise, but both are nice.

Whatever Vyrus tells you to get, go for it.

Or do the opposite. He's just another post-***** with a sweet ride

JK
Mike
Old 09-15-2002, 09:46 PM

Re: Conrad - I love the sig.

Originally posted by Blaxxxima

Whatever Vyrus tells you to get, go for it.
I like the way you think!
Originally posted by Blaxxxima
Or do the opposite. He's just another post-***** with a sweet ride

JK
Mike
You caught me... don't worry you'll be a certified PW one day Mike. And your ride is very sweet too(love those Evos)!
-Cyrus
Old 09-15-2002, 10:27 PM
!OG SNES OG!

Re: Re: Conrad - I love the sig.

Originally posted by Vyrus

I like the way you think!
You caught me... don't worry you'll be a certified PW one day Mike. And your ride is very sweet too(love those Evos)!
-Cyrus
+

Thanks Cy!

I've been quickly rising up the ranks! I'm now a Maximaniac, after much hard work. I'm actually pimping, as I've hired three midgets to post-***** on my behalf.

Now I must go to bed and dream up more ways to "contribute" to the .ORG.

Have a great night, and Craig, to keep it on topic, get those damn Velox rims man, they are gorgeous! The black is sweet, and looks fab-u-lous with the polished lip. Would make your already bad *** wannabe American pushrod V-8's b!tch ride look great!!!

Mike
Old 09-16-2002, 03:31 AM
Ludicrous Speed

wow, the 18x9's?

I was worried about weight and rubbing...

Here's a post i put up a while back..

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=145868

SO let's see who gets them first
Old 09-16-2002, 07:39 AM

From what I have found, the VX-8 is not available for our cars. I don't think that it is offered in 5x114.3.

I love the VX-8 and this one as well

Quick Reply: Voxx Scorze 18x9, what do you think?