General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Just Wanted to tell the Org...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 01:13 AM

Just Wanted to tell the Org...

Maxima.org is a unique and special automobile community. Its very intresting how there are many Civic and honda forums but I dont see many of them have meets like we do and when they do, it end up a street race. I feel good that I can drive along the freeway and see a fellow org member and recognize his car. My friends was with me when I saw Hoon's car and I told my friend that I knew who he was. He was surprised that I could recognize hoons car cause he couldnt recognize his friends civics or integras. It feels good that I could wave hi to people on the org and they wave back and we have no Idea who each other is. I dont know. I guess It just feels good that maxima's are unique and Im glad that I have one. Okay... Im done...
Old 09-17-2002, 02:12 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Re: Just Wanted to tell the Org...

Originally posted by darksands
Maxima.org is a unique and special automobile community. Its very intresting how there are many Civic and honda forums but I dont see many of them have meets like we do and when they do, it end up a street race. I feel good that I can drive along the freeway and see a fellow org member and recognize his car. My friends was with me when I saw Hoon's car and I told my friend that I knew who he was. He was surprised that I could recognize hoons car cause he couldnt recognize his friends civics or integras. It feels good that I could wave hi to people on the org and they wave back and we have no Idea who each other is. I dont know. I guess It just feels good that maxima's are unique and Im glad that I have one. Okay... Im done...

I love you man...and i don't even know you
Old 09-17-2002, 04:05 AM
Master Will

yeah man I feel the love....

Maxima.org the one and only....true Enthusiasts site...
Old 09-17-2002, 05:49 AM

Me to, the love is here it's alot of great people on the Org, No Doubt!!!!!
Old 09-17-2002, 07:04 AM

....well said

I just wish we had a universal way of identifying .org cars, but that's another topic.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:43 AM
!OG SNES OG!

Maxima.org is the best thing to happen to me...

or something like that...

after my wife, family, job, cats, and a bunch of other stuff...

But damn if I don't like coming here every day and shooting the **** with people I've never met, but still consider my friends.

It's great having the .ORG!

Mike
Old 09-17-2002, 08:00 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2002, 08:04 AM

Originally posted by T-bone
....well said

I just wish we had a universal way of identifying .org cars
I like that idea!!!
Old 09-17-2002, 08:04 AM

Old 09-17-2002, 08:09 AM
pjalst

I think I'm getting that warm and fuzzy feeling to

Old 09-17-2002, 09:35 AM

I have had my .org stickers on for like a week now and have not ran into any other .org members.
I guess I was going to fast to say what's up!!!hehehehehe
Old 09-17-2002, 09:38 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by darksands
Maxima.org is a unique and special automobile community. Its very intresting how there are many Civic and honda forums but I dont see many of them have meets like we do and when they do, it end up a street race.
not true, I also own a '89 CRX and I goto many Honda meets in my area...not one time ahs it developed into a street race or burnout contest!! I hate this typical stereotyping people have of the HOnda community, the same things go on in the Maxima community as the Honda, there are bad apples here and there...I must admit, I used to feel the same way about the Honda boys before I started to hang with some of them, but you have to be on both sides before you make judgements! my $.02!
Old 09-17-2002, 09:52 AM

how true it is

I have never seen a group of people that don't all know each other that is closer than .org
Old 09-17-2002, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by snootalope

I like that idea!!!

I've seen it before (alot of time on bikes) where someone designs a graphic (nothing huge, like 3-5 inches) for thier ride and then prints it on a nice COLOR printer and then uses strong elaminate stuff and cuts it our very carefully and throws it on.. I've seen it and with right elaminate crap, its on there really good and looks like a profesional decal!!!

So, what if someone designed a small (not more than 3-4 inches) that we could all print off and make for our rides that symbolizes we're members of .org!!!! Yea or Nay?!?!

I'm up for it!!!
Old 09-17-2002, 11:07 AM

uhm...how about a maxima.org sticker? You can cut off everything except maxima.org if you don't like the rest of the words. I did this. Of course it's a little hard to see, but whatever.
Old 09-17-2002, 11:22 AM

....well said

I just wish we had a universal way of identifying .org cars, but that's another topic.
This is how I do it....

Shaydz
Old 09-17-2002, 02:43 PM

I've seen it before (alot of time on bikes) where someone designs a graphic (nothing huge, like 3-5 inches) for thier ride and then prints it on a nice COLOR printer and then uses strong elaminate stuff and cuts it our very carefully and throws it on.. I've seen it and with right elaminate crap, its on there really good and looks like a profesional decal!!!

So, what if someone designed a small (not more than 3-4 inches) that we could all print off and make for our rides that symbolizes we're members of .org!!!! Yea or Nay?!?!

I'm up for it!!!
I like this idea, but like the stickers, some people want to keep their cars 'clean' and/or they don't want anything that says www. or .org

What I like about your idea is that it is essentially FREE.
I think a good idea would be to make it subtle.

I've got it....a giant "O" on the back window!

Old 09-17-2002, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Old 09-17-2002, 05:39 PM

maxima.org on an i30 seems kinda off otherwise i'd do it
Old 09-17-2002, 07:15 PM

well you obviously know who ISNT on the Org...when you pass an old man/woman on the highway in a ooglie stock beige 4th gen - "hmm i wonder if theyre on the org?"
Old 09-17-2002, 07:34 PM
Ludicrous Speed

....well said

well, red/white tails on the 97-99...that's how i was found
Old 09-17-2002, 07:52 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

usually when i see another fixed up max either we give each other the drive by stare down or they say(when i ask if they are on the board) "yeah i been on it once or twice but everybody on there is a bunch a dckheads"

all this love floating around. someone turnoff the waterfalls and the gay background music pleeze.

how soon we forget what the org use to be in the days off roadbeast, russ, the site going up for sale, off-topic for 20.00 bucks, server busy (p)issing everyone off..... i could go on, but i digest.

nismo2020
Old 09-18-2002, 05:25 AM

....well said

Heres a idea that I have? What about a specially designed sticker for Forum/Max Org member, not like the regular Org sticker. I mean a sticker that whe all place on the same visible area on our rides. And each state chooses there own color. I say we put our heads together and come up with a unique emblem,or crest on the sticker were when we see a max with that sticker place in the same area we know he's a part of the Max Org family.

What do you guys think?
Old 09-18-2002, 05:33 AM

Originally posted by Maximan190
well you obviously know who ISNT on the Org...when you pass an old man/woman on the highway in a ooglie stock beige 4th gen - "hmm i wonder if theyre on the org?"
that's not always true. We had a meet this summer in DC and there was an "old man/woman" there.
Old 09-18-2002, 05:36 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax

All this talk about love and SprintMax has to bring gayness into the discussion.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:10 AM

Originally posted by Ghost face Max

Heres a idea that I have? What about a specially designed sticker for Forum/Max Org member, not like the regular Org sticker. I mean a sticker that whe all place on the same visible area on our rides. And each state chooses there own color. I say we put our heads together and come up with a unique emblem,or crest on the sticker were when we see a max with that sticker place in the same area we know he's a part of the Max Org family.

What do you guys think?
Thats a really good idea.. Something small but noticable to us.. I'm up for it! I think once we get through all of the "How gay is that posts" we might have something!!!!
Old 09-18-2002, 06:25 AM

who exactly is going to pay for this? Oh wait there are lots of rich people here! Maybe we can hit up Bill Gates. I hear he drives a maxima!
Old 09-18-2002, 06:32 AM
pjalst

Thats a really good idea.. Something small but noticable to us.. I'm up for it! I think once we get through all of the "How gay is that posts" we might have something!!!!
No rainbow colored stickers pleeeze

Old 09-18-2002, 06:52 AM

I really appericate the org very much. I dont know how many times I have had a question or a problem that you guys helped out with. Mnay of my minor mods where learned frome the board. I was able to take out all my seats and door panels, adjust throttle cable, and cut the wire that makes the door ding. Honestly I relly dont think I will ever have any other car. Theres nothing that comapares to it power, speed, style, and capability. Plus since it considered a 4DR sedan I get a cheaper insurance rate. All hail the might Max and it life long sideman The ORG.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:10 AM

Originally posted by pjalst

No rainbow colored stickers pleeeze
Yeah well, I was thinking maybe a small pic of Richard Simons working out on top of a max.. and maybe even holding a sign above his head that says maxima.org

Thats really a disturbing image isn't it..
Old 09-18-2002, 09:42 AM
i SeE what you did therE

when i see another maxima.org meber i usually give them a

or a for what they did to their car..

Old 09-18-2002, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by Shaydz

This is how I do it....

Shaydz
Shaydz!!! Where did you get that license plate border? I want one!!
Old 09-18-2002, 12:51 PM

2 ways to do it.
1)
Cut / burn off letters from your Southern States plate holder and cut up the Maxima.org sticker to put on it ( I did this loved the burning cutting part and the maxima.org looked good but the Shaydz looked hacked.

OR (this is what I finally did - so simple I blush)

2)
Go to the Pep boys and get a plate holder kit with the letters and glue them yourself.

I thought it would look like crap, but it turned out Ok (for now).

I'm not sure how long I'll keep it - but I don't care much for stickers and it was either this or the Injen plate holder.
I'll be damned if I'm going to advertise Southern States Nissan any more than it is now.

Shaydz
Old 09-18-2002, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
Old 09-18-2002, 02:37 PM

Originally posted by acMAX

That's gotta be Sprint's favorite pic. :LOL:
It shows up everywhere.
Don't wanna know wher he aquired it from.

or ... maybe it's just always appropriate

Shaydz