General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

front mounter ic and fog lights ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 04:49 PM

front mounter ic and fog lights ?

We are having trouble figuring out how to run the ic piping with fog lights, we need to remove them to fit the pipe through the fender/wheel well area... anyone have pics or advice, PLEASE

hal
Old 09-24-2002, 05:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i think the only way to get that intercooler on there is w/o fogz?
Old 09-25-2002, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by MaximaRider
i think the only way to get that intercooler on there is w/o fogz?
is that so?
looks like fogs to me

Old 09-25-2002, 08:05 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SprintMax
[B] is that so?
looks like fogs to me

i know, i've seen this - i saw how he did it too sort of, wondering if there are any other pics? looks like they run it inside of the bumper? i dont think there is anyway i can fit mandrel bent pipe on the end of my 30" ic oh well, any pics ??
Old 09-25-2002, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by hlh0501

i know, i've seen this - i saw how he did it too sort of, wondering if there are any other pics? looks like they run it inside of the bumper? i dont think there is anyway i can fit mandrel bent pipe on the end of my 30" ic oh well, any pics ??
i have pics.. but i have been sworn to secrecracy.. the only person who can show you pics is nigel.. neither kev or myself can show you.. and you helped me out big time with the Turbo Timer.. and i honestly would show it to you.. but i can't
Old 09-25-2002, 08:13 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax

i have pics.. but i have been sworn to secrecracy.. the only person who can show you pics is nigel.. neither kev or myself can show you.. and you helped me out big time with the Turbo Timer.. and i honestly would show it to you.. but i can't
no sweat on the turbo timer, and i understand about the pics, are they of nigels? I swear I hate this "cant show pics and help a brother out" mentality that people have (not your fault) but once my car is done and running - i think im posting all my pics of the setup (its BAD ***!!) and I have even talked with my guy about making more kits of it, and he's giving me incredible deals as a project car - so i dont know what he will work for others but we will see... grrr
Old 09-25-2002, 08:19 AM
Administrator

no sweat on the turbo timer, and i understand about the pics, are they of nigels? I swear I hate this "cant show pics and help a brother out" mentality that people have (not your fault) but once my car is done and running - i think im posting all my pics of the setup (its BAD ***!!) and I have even talked with my guy about making more kits of it, and he's giving me incredible deals as a project car - so i dont know what he will work for others but we will see... grrr

i think due to the fact that PFI has a very good setup going.. they are less reluctant to release their design.. and this isn't really nigel's fault.. he is just complying with them.. if you look at every different manufactured kit all the designs are different and PFI wants to keep this one properitery for now.. i mean Cattman not saying he would.. but he has a hook up with MaxRev for Mandrell bent pipes.. and he could easily after getting the design mass produce kits for way cheaper than PFI.. and that would put them out of the Turbo Maxima Kit business.. so i full understand where they are coming from..

have you ever thought of getting a custom IC from PFI and then working with that from that end?
Old 09-25-2002, 08:28 AM

have you ever thought of getting a custom IC from PFI and then working with that from that end?
hehe, i had this one custom made and dont think i can afford that again.. I've spent sooooo much in the past week, and right now im buying new rims (hopefully 19's), rims w/ slicks, and we're doing my exhaust 3" all the way (HARDER TO FIT THEN I THOUGHT!!) and all the crap to go with it (cat, muff, resonator crap..) cause I want it to sound almost stock quiet at idle... crap adds up too fast when you're trying not to go in debt lol,

oh well, i get the feeling when i get it back, its allll gonna be worth it. if not, im wrapping it around a pole and claiming insurance.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:43 AM

i think due to the fact that PFI has a very good setup going.. they are less reluctant to release their design.. and this isn't really nigel's fault.. he is just complying with them.. if you look at every different manufactured kit all the designs are different and PFI wants to keep this one properitery for now..
Well this is dumb. Is everyone buying a kit from PFI going to sign a non-disclosure agreement? But I guess if they can sell a few more kits before their design gets publicized, they're entitled to as much profit as they can get. Still, it irks me.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Stephen Max

Well this is dumb. Is everyone buying a kit from PFI going to sign a non-disclosure agreement? But I guess if they can sell a few more kits before their design gets publicized, they're entitled to as much profit as they can get. Still, it irks me.

i never said it was a good policy.. but hey.. i don't blame them.. look at Cattman.. made y pipes for a while only competion was Stillen.. yet lots of people bought cattman even though it was more expensive.. now you have Budget and Warpspeed selling the same quality product for way less.. the business of making y pipes for cattman is not so lucrative anymore..

I am not one for monopoly's.. but hey.. everybody has got to eat too.. i am all for a guy making a dollar out of 15 cents.. especially if its your design..
Old 09-25-2002, 10:54 AM

Harold, you're my hero. Can't wait to see the pics.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:55 PM

I don't know on the 4th but it should...fit fine on my 5th.
Old 09-25-2002, 09:02 PM

I am very interested to see how this turned out...and to see what price this kit might go for...keep us posted please!
Old 09-26-2002, 10:00 AM
Administrator

if you rae thinking its going to be cheaper than nigels.. i don't thikn that is going to happen
Originally posted by maximised

I am very interested to see how this turned out...and to see what price this kit might go for...keep us posted please!
Old 09-26-2002, 10:04 AM

if you rae thinking its going to be cheaper than nigels.. i don't thikn that is going to happen
I make no promises on a kit yet, I have only briefly spoken with the shop about doing more... and price, I have NO idea right now - havent even thought about it - all I can say is, I see completely how nigel had been hoping for 2400$ or whatever and came out at 3600 or whatever haha, its verrrry easy to do once you get started -

we'll see what happens, I JUST WANT MY BABY BACK