General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Dealer Service Woes (long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 02:01 PM
MaximaFreak

Dealer Service Woes (long)

Ferman Nissan - Tampa, FL

Ya know, I don't get why service always tries to screw you. After the sales people bend you over, there's no need for service to go in for their own "lube job".

My car was in a pretty nasty accident. Of course they underestimated the time it would be in the shop ... no big deal, I'm SO easy going and honestly expected that. 6 weeks later, I get my car back. God I missed it. So, anyway, they replaced the hood, but not the hood struts, my check engine light is on and my interior/exterior lights are "pulsing" ever so slightly.

My body shop guy, Dave, gives me the run around about the hood struts, and also says that he noticed the CEL but the code was NEVER pulled. Now, I didn't say this, but if you have a car that was in a front end collision and you fix the car, why would you NOT pull the code on the CEL? Anyway, on to service I go ...

I see Aaron - a service manager - the service manager that was in charge of my car while it was in there. He agrees it may be the ground for tha battery and he will check it out and get everything moving. An hour later, my car comes out. No CEL - he claims he pulled the code and it was an intake sensor that was not plugged in and that was also probably the reason for the pulsing lights. He also says they have to wait for State Farm to approve the hood struts, no biggie. I'm not one to argue on the spot, so I say okay to this magical intake-sensor-makes-lights-dim theory and drive on my merry way. CEL stayed off all day. I noticed the pulsing lights at night when I pulled into my garage, but I figured if that is the only problem I'll be happy to diagnose it myself. Then on my way to work this morning, my lovely CEL comes back on.

WTF. Why can't people take some g0ddamn pride in their work? It really is annoying. $8000 of work for my accident and they don't replace the hood struts? So stupid. Anyway, I endorsed this dealer when I had paint work done about 6 months ago and I am taking it back. (They outsource paintwork, which would explain why I was satisfied.)

I KNOW they will make everything right, but it should have been done right the first time. I called my guy Aaron as well as the service manager and left both of them voicemails. I'm willing to play hardball here if I have to because I know they probably get away with a lot of this stupid ****.

Anyway, just venting and getting my thoughts down so that when these fools call me back I can have my story straight. I'll tell you this much, my next car will be an Infiniti, not a Nissan.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:36 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

they are all liars.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Dealer Service Woes (long)

I'll tell you this much, my next car will be an Infiniti, not a Nissan. [/B][/QUOTE]

I have had both new Maximas and Infinitis, the Infinti Service has been great while the Maxima service was just sub par for the cost of the car their selling. I definitely agree with you.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:01 PM

everyone need to make money