General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Be careful when you drive.(pkease read!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 02:00 PM

Be careful when you drive.(pkease read!)

About 30 minutes ago i witnessed one hell of a bad wreck. I was looking out the window of the car lot that i work for and i heard two cars (a 4.6 mustang and a Z-28) at wide open throttle and hauling ***(I'm pretty sure they were racing). maybe a split second later, the mustang lost control and ran into the z-28 sending both cars into two seperate light poles! after witnessing the wreck, i went up to both cars to see if the drivers were still alive. the guy with the mustang was not hurt bad except for some burns on his face from the airbag. the guy in the camaro ended up in much worse shape. when i went up to the car, all i could hear was his cries for help. his face was busted up real bad, he had difficulty breathing(i later found out he had a collapsed lung and many broken ribs) and he had a broken pelvis. it took the fire department about 10 minutes with the jaws of life to get him out. both of those guys were EXTREMELY lucky to still be alive. i know we have lost a couple of members on the org to street racing in the past couple of months and that really didn't hit home with me until i saw this accident today. please keep racing to the tracks because none of your lives are worth jeopordazing for bragging rights over whose car is the fastest. my prayers will be with the family of the guy in the camaro. i hope he'll be alright.
Old 10-04-2002, 02:07 PM

Thanks for the reminder. I'm 110% against street racing or just plain old messing around on the street. If you want to kill yourself, go ahead, but you are also jeopardizing innocent lives. That is one thing I don't like about this board when people start posting kill threads, race threads, or just even asking what you need to beat a certain car...

Yes, PLEASE keep it on the track!!! Let's face it, like I always said..... Just because we have money to mod our cars, doesn't mean we automatically become Mario Andretti!!! And many of the people out there should spend the money on racing/driving school instead of putting NOS or what not in their cars.

Tifosi
Old 10-04-2002, 02:08 PM

I was at taco cabana last saturday and heard a screech and bam. When I looked to see what happened, there were two kids. One kid walked his bike away and another kid was laying in front of Chevy Silverado. Lifeflight came but I never saw the kid move. I also got a big speeding ticket 2 weeks ago. The judge gave me probation to dismiss my ticket. I've really slowed down since.
Old 10-04-2002, 02:26 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

it all about using your head on the streets.
Old 10-04-2002, 03:19 PM

drive smart people..
Old 10-05-2002, 06:26 AM

makes me wonder...why buy a freaking ss camaro or mustang for a high schooler without any brains? i just think some parents are plain stupid and (sorry to say) dont really sympathize when the kids get in wrecks and crap. Because they only go out and buy the kid a new (if not faster) one after the wreck.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:53 AM
Handsome

I agree

Originally posted by nismo2020
it all about using your head on the streets.
The reason that mustange lost control is likely that they don't have traction control. It's fun for donuts, but not for wet behind the ears driver. I will admit that I race but I try to do it as safe as possible. Usually out side of town on tollway frontage roads with no side streets.
I really feel for this guy but his judgement could have been better. I am guessing that your car lot is around a busy part of town. Traffic is deadly in two ways, there is the obvious of innocent lives and obstructions, but a heavily trafficed area is also likely to not have as smooth of roads. If you want to race don't do it right when you see the guy, ask him if he wants to race and find a safe place. I don't condone street racing because there are a lot of knuckle heads in the world. But there are some people who know how to drive, don't take stupid risks, find safe places to race, and just want to go, not wait for the track to open. Use good judement and common sense. What kind of car lot do you work at?

I'll pray for these two guys, it's a tough way to learn a hard lesson. I hope it encourages others to not street race.
Old 10-05-2002, 09:08 AM

I agree with all you guys. The car lot where I work is in a busy part of town and this wreck happened at about 5pm on a Friday afternoon. These two guys were very lucky that they didn't swerve into oncoming traffic. As for their ages, neither one of them could've been more than 20 years old. A lot of blame lies with the parents who go out and buy their teenage kids V8 powered RWD cars that take a lot of driving skill to operate safely at higher speeds. When i was 16, my parents gave me the keys to their 89 Camry 5-speed. It should be like that for all teenagers who are just learning how to drive.
Old 10-05-2002, 09:37 AM
Banned

Originally posted by SamMan23
I was at taco cabana last saturday and heard a screech and bam. When I looked to see what happened, there were two kids. One kid walked his bike away and another kid was laying in front of Chevy Silverado. Lifeflight came but I never saw the kid move. I also got a big speeding ticket 2 weeks ago. The judge gave me probation to dismiss my ticket. I've really slowed down since.
Oh man Taco Cabana, oh how i miss it sooooo much.

Best Fajitas is the world.

sucks about the crash.
Old 10-05-2002, 10:14 AM

The car lot that i work for sells late model cars from chevy metros to escalades.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:24 PM

Thanks for reminding us how dangerous street racing can be. I'm glad that neither guy that was racing perish and I hope the have a full recovery. Sometimes I know we all at times want to go, when some car come up beside us flexing his ride. But like a good friend of mine says all the time, if you want to race me meet at the track. He says I have put to much money and time in my car to destroy it playing on the street....

I think this is good advice...
Be safe out there guys......
Old 10-05-2002, 07:49 PM

Thanks for the reminding. And I definitely agree with your guys about parents who buy high power cars to their young kids.

Couple weeks ago, here in Vancouver, on Sunday morning (around 2:00am), two kids ('03 Civic Si and one BMW) were street racing. They ran a red light, and the Civic hitting the side of a police car, killed the cop. The most unbelievable part is the kid was okay. He got out and fled with his friend (BMW driver).
Old 10-05-2002, 09:29 PM

Originally posted by SunMax
Thanks for the reminding. And I definitely agree with your guys about parents who buy high power cars to their young kids.

Couple weeks ago, here in Vancouver, on Sunday morning (around 2:00am), two kids ('03 Civic Si and one BMW) were street racing. They ran a red light, and the Civic hitting the side of a police car, killed the cop. The most unbelievable part is the kid was okay. He got out and fled with his friend (BMW driver).
holy crap. cop-killer!!
Old 10-05-2002, 10:13 PM

Yup! I couldn't believe it, but it is true. Plus, the cop is the only son/child. I can tell it is really tough to the parents.

I think they should pass some laws to punish the parents if their kids get into this kind of trouble. People may argue that those are kids, and they don't know what they are doing. But the parents? There is no way some kids can afford to buy those cars. Just last month on 2 different occasions, I saw kids around 16 or 17 driving brand new BMW 745i.

Originally posted by lophix

holy crap. cop-killer!!
Old 10-06-2002, 04:16 AM

Originally posted by SunMax

Man that truly messed up!!!!!
Old 10-06-2002, 07:00 AM

Originally posted by heems27
The car lot that i work for sells late model cars from chevy metros to escalades.
how much does a metro go for......
but yea definately take it easy out there. so many F&F wannabes.... dun't get suckered into that....
everytime i even think about racing a picture of my mom and bro which hangs from my rearview reminds me not to.