General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Calling all intelliglow needle pics...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 08:54 AM

Calling all intelliglow needle pics...

Trying to get some pics of different intelliglow needle setups. Anyone have any comments about their installation? Maybe some tips?

I would love to see one with the orange needles on the stock SE gauges, since that is what I'm planning on doing.
Old 10-08-2002, 09:02 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Calling all intelliglow needle pics...

Originally posted by maximised
Trying to get some pics of different intelliglow needle setups. Anyone have any comments about their installation? Maybe some tips?

I would love to see one with the orange needles on the stock SE gauges, since that is what I'm planning on doing.
it's not worth the effort.. i went through 2 sets of them. LED's keep going out... it was such a pain to remove everything, my RPM gauge didnt work for awhile, my fuel gauge sticks a lot, and my TEMP gauge took forever to get back to where it was.. and this was following their exact instructions and even being on the phone with them saying they didnt know why it didn't work

honestly, its not worth the time, if you want something flashy get the indiglos or just skip the mod, so not worth the time. and the guys at importintelligence are idiots.

jason

(if you are going to do this, email me when you get them and i'll tell you how to get even light everywhere)
Old 02-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Old Timer

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I really enjoy my black gauges on my 97 GXE. I just hate the white needles. I would really like to switch to blue needles, but I don't like the feedback that I'm seeing concerning intelliglow needles. Is this the general concencus, and if so, is there any other company that does needles? Any info would be appreciated.

David
Old 02-06-2003, 08:12 PM
Ramius83

I have had them for well over a year and a half. I have had no problems what-so-ever. And I even accidently clipped the transformer for the kit off of the wires while doing the 5-speed conversion. But, I just soldered it right back on and all is good. I am using the blue intelliglo needle kit with reverse indiglos, aluminum gauge rings, and brushed aluminum bezel. It looks absolutely amazing. I will try to find some pics if I can.

Old 02-07-2003, 10:27 AM

Originally posted by Ramius83
I have had them for well over a year and a half. I have had no problems what-so-ever. And I even accidently clipped the transformer for the kit off of the wires while doing the 5-speed conversion. But, I just soldered it right back on and all is good. I am using the blue intelliglo needle kit with reverse indiglos, aluminum gauge rings, and brushed aluminum bezel. It looks absolutely amazing. I will try to find some pics if I can.
I have had my kit for awhile now and no problems. It is a bit tedious to install, but looks good. If you're not good with delicate installs, then you may want to skip this mod OR you can do what I did--send your gauge cluster to imp. intell.and let them take off your needles. When they send it back you'll just need to wire it up to a 12v source.

good luck.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:09 AM

Intelliglow needles

I dealt with Matt from Intelliglow who was a great guy to deal with. I took the ride to Penn. were he's from and he took his time and installed my reverse indiglos which didn't have the best directions and also the needle kit. At first they were working fine, then as the weather got very cold the needles are sticking somewhat. When the car warms up the needles start to operate correctly. The needles look awesome but I'm not crazy about the reverse indiglo gauges I got from EBay. They said they were 3 colors but only 2 colors are visible. Blue and green. You can hardly tell the diffence between them. I will say that they are bright as heck both the needles and the gauges. They look impressive if thats what your looking for. As far as taking the cluster apart be aware. This cluster is very delicate and make the wrong move and you have to shell out the cash for a new one which I'm told is very expensive. One day soon I'll have to take this apart and fix the gauges so that my RPM needle doesn't stick in the cold weather. The look is impressive and you can customize the look to your tastes. You be the judge!!!
Old 02-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Zog

You're right about the gauges. The blue and green don't look that different. But they definitely look sweet. I just installed mine this weekend. I got them from makautotrends.com. I actually got them on ebay for $27. Just BE CAREFUL w/ your needles. All in all a pretty easy install though. Putting the plastic back in at the end was the toughes part.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:46 PM
Ramius83

You can get some regular reverse indiglos off eBay that have no green in them, or that stupid round center circle (which is stupid in my opinion). I am still trying to find some old pics. I will just go take a pic in a minute....

Old 04-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Lightly modded

Ok...now I'm bringing up the old thread...I'm looking to get some Intelliglow needles to go with my blue reverse gauges. I'm thinking red needles would contrast well, but blue would also look cool. Since there isn't one pic in this thread, we need people to post some.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by 95maxrider
Ok...now I'm bringing up the old thread...I'm looking to get some Intelliglow needles to go with my blue reverse gauges. I'm thinking red needles would contrast well, but blue would also look cool. Since there isn't one pic in this thread, we need people to post some.

check out www.importintelligence.com plenty of pics there
Old 04-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Lightly modded

Yeah, I've been there already. I was hoping to get Maxima-specific photos of either blue on blue needles or with red needles.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:41 PM
My heroine

blue on blue

Originally Posted by 95maxrider
Yeah, I've been there already. I was hoping to get Maxima-specific photos of either blue on blue needles or with red needles.

after a year and a half, here's a pic for ya

if it's red x's.. my bad.. i'm too lazy to set up cardomain, so hopefully comcast allows deep linking.. pm me if it doesn't come up, i'll send you the pic

and if it does come up, sorry for the crappy quality.. these are the best two I could get before my shatass rechareable batteries stopped working..

great camera + crap batteries =
Old 04-12-2004, 05:42 PM
My heroine

Old 04-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Horra!!

wow those gauges look bright as ***
Old 04-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Lightly modded

Originally Posted by willis
so exactly what kind of gauges come with that color? did you do something special to it? i would love for my gauges to look like that.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:14 AM
My heroine

the needles are import intelligence blue needles.. if you get them, my one suggestion is when you have the needles off the guages, make sure you sand down the backs to get the white color off, or at least even..

as to the guages.. I bought them off an .org member a while back.. he got them off of ebay I think, got lucky with them not having the center middle part. They're silver face guages in daylight, with green / blue color change at night. I like them much better than the other reverse indiglos that are out there..
Old 04-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Lightly modded

more pics needed..............................