General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Crumple goes the 2k2 fender..AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 11:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Crumple goes the 2k2 fender..AGAIN

ok guys..you might remember i had an accident back in january...

heres what happend...the pics are at the bottom if you dont wanna read...On the night of October 8th 2002 I Larry Lim Jr., was coming home from San Francisco Via the Bay Bridge. I took 880 Freeway heading towards Alameda. Exiting the freeway I proceeded to turn right going straight for several bocks. Upon the last stoplight before entering the alameda/Webster St. tunnel. (5th and Broadway entrance) I was in the innermost lane while the new 2002 mustang belonging to Charles Skaggs was along side me on the right. Both our lanes are able to go into the tunnel. Mr. Skaggs lane goes in 2 different directions, one way into the tunnel or back onto the freeway (880 south). In front of each of us are 2 vehicles. Both of the vehicles in my lane proceed into the tunnel as do I. In the lane next to me…the first vehicle proceeds to merge into my lane and into the tunnel, the 2nd vehicle proceeds to go up the onramp leaving an empty space in the lane next to me. Mr. Skaggs and I are in the middle of the intersection, at this point side by side. There is about ½ - ¾ of a car between the vehicle in front and my vehicle. I hear and see Mr. Skaggs accelerate suddenly in his mustang and proceeds to attempt to pass me…at this point Mr. Skaggs and I are already past the crosswalk at the point where both lanes merge. I slam on my brakes to try and let Mr. Skaggs through. But he proceeds to cut in and strike my vehicle on its front right corner. We both proceed through the tunnel and exit in alameda, promptly taking the first turnoff and parking in the Mariner square health club parking lot. At this point I have already called the police and they are on the way to the parking lot. At about 8:30 approx. Officer Ron Simmons in vehicle 117 ( I went to alameda police dept at about 9:15 to research which officer had come out to help us since I did not note it at the meeting) arrived to the parking lot. Each of us told our stories and Mr. Simmons proceeded to ask Mr. Skaggs questions about which lane he was in, as well as how the accident happened. We were both given options to either let our insurance handle it, or proceed back to Oakland because of the fact that the accident happened in Oakland not Alameda. I personally decide to go to the Oakland police department to fill out a DMV report. We both head back to Oakland and park in the area of the Oakland police station. We both walk towards the police station with Mr. Skaggs complaining about his neck pains/whiplash (20 minutes after the accident?) A DMV traffic accident report is filled out at the Oakland Police department lobby.

PICS....
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=177900&page=6

Now that fender needs to be replaced AGAIN...******* and new bumper since this one is cracking.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:00 AM

Glad that you are ok...
Old 10-09-2002, 12:03 AM
JET Speed Lab

Old 10-09-2002, 12:10 AM

Originally posted by cwally
Glad that you are ok...
Thanks...now..after this little fender bender i know its not bad..but previously this happend

http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/airben0...G_2172_JPG.htm

So...im probably gonna have the fender painted and i'll install it..then a new bumper painted and everything..the front end already rattles..and as you can see the car has already been chopped up..the radiator supports and headlight brackets have been hammered out...but the front rattles..i dunno how bad its gonna be now with this impact. Not to mention its got 25,000 miles now...and due to a MAF incident the car way way overheated cuz it was way lean..it knocked and pinged for several miles as well as driving up a hill (car would not go over 35). So theres probably some minor damadge to the seals in the long term. Im already planning on taking the car to infinity to trade it in as a down payment/reservation on a G35..but i dont wanna jump the gun like i did on my 2k2 maxima..and end up with a ton of recalls. I wont be upside down..i owe 21k on the car..thats about what its worth with milage and the previous accident. so ..what should i do? Reserve a G35 coupe for febuary and save money in the mean time? Opinions/suggesteions
Old 10-09-2002, 12:10 AM
Maxima owner since 2000

wurd. good thing you're ok. i have given you my .02 already. no need to post it here... just post whoring right now... la la la. PWA.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:17 AM

right before stillen day too glad to hear your ok though
Old 10-09-2002, 12:24 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

dammit that sucks! Hope you can get that fender good as new again.
Old 10-09-2002, 06:21 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

At least you're alright.

You have bad luck with your car.
Old 10-09-2002, 06:29 AM
Blu
the tits

Old 10-09-2002, 10:26 AM

sorry to hear man.

but glad you're ok (relatively anyway)
Old 10-09-2002, 10:45 PM

Originally posted by acMAX
sorry to hear man.

but glad you're ok (relatively anyway)

Today..i found out my ninja bumper is cracked and is cracking in several spots...the fender is pushed against my hood..so now it really rattles..the bumper rattles even more (from the first accident there was a slight rattle). Im thinking about Mending the bumper and throwing a coat of paint on it..and replacing the fender. After that Trade it in...and possibly lease a car for a year. I dont really find anything attractive right now. The G35 coupe will make my insurance skyrocket, the G35 sedan dosent come in a manual. I was thinking something with AWD since its winter time, Subaru WRX seems like a nice car to lease for a year..as well as a A4 1.8T quattro. I guess Vw is an option too..but i need out of this car. No matter how much its fixed..it'll never be the same