General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How many of you guys smoke in your maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 07:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by maximadave

if you remember Mitch from the Mossy show, we are exchanging wheels straight across!!!! All I have to do is sell him a TV at cost
They are 18X8 TSW Revo (sorry Cheston) with brand new Yokohama tires
sweet have em on for Stillen?

hey do you knwo where I can find Gold Caliper paint? I wana see how it looks... otherwise I'll go with silver I think gold with the polished Blitz'z on a black car... would look sweet
Old 10-15-2002, 07:35 PM

This thread is not cool....there are lots of young people including myself and you are giving the wrong impression that smoking is good. One guy said studies showed 2nd hand smoke doesn't cause cancer, is that a joke!? I want you to breathe in car exhaust since obviously, smoke doesn't cause cancer. Cig Smoke has carbon monoxide in it, tell me that doesn't kill.

Sorry for saying this, but people on another thread are telling me racing is not safe but they don't comment here. That kind of pis*ed me off.

Old 10-15-2002, 07:35 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally posted by carnal_c30

sweet have em on for Stillen?

hey do you knwo where I can find Gold Caliper paint? I wana see how it looks... otherwise I'll go with silver I think gold with the polished Blitz'z on a black car... would look sweet
nope not til Monday at the earliest. Mitch is selling his Max and getting a G35! I'll post pics when I put them on.

Gold would look good....go with it
Old 10-15-2002, 07:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

no smoking in my baby
Old 10-15-2002, 08:25 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
This thread is not cool....there are lots of young people including myself and you are giving the wrong impression that smoking is good. One guy said studies showed 2nd hand smoke doesn't cause cancer, is that a joke!? I want you to breathe in car exhaust since obviously, smoke doesn't cause cancer. Cig Smoke has carbon monoxide in it, tell me that doesn't kill.

Sorry for saying this, but people on another thread are telling me racing is not safe but they don't comment here. That kind of pis*ed me off.

Hey, slow down a bit..I'm a smoker..and yes, it is not good for me. In hindsight, I wish I had never started, but the reality is that I did. Hey, you're young (congrats on your license!!), I hope you don't smoke. Besides being bad for your health, it's illegal at your age.

Like a lot of things, smoking is an individual choice, and yes, it does affect other people, just like racing can injure people other than the drivers, and the results of alcohol and drug use can hurt others. These are individual choices also. With smoking, I respect the wishes of others..I don't smoke in my Max when non-smokers are riding with me..I don't smoke in 'non smoking' areas...even the outdoor stadiums!! (I think that's a rather absurd rule) My point is that I have the right to make my own choices..but I will also obey the laws and respect the wishes of others because I realize that my choices have an effect on others. BTW I don't street race or use drugs or alcoholat all. For me, those 2 choices would put others much more at risk than my smoking.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:54 PM
Maxima91

this thread really is stupid.. i mean who cares if you smoke in your car, the point is, YOU SMOKE. so im just happy that i will out live everyone here that smokes along with the rest of us non smokers, so have fun now, but when u start hacking up your lungs later on, you'll regret it..

Old 10-15-2002, 10:03 PM

let me ask you this.... how many happy 90 year olds do you see?
Old 10-15-2002, 10:32 PM
Maxima91

Originally posted by korupter
quite a few acually, seeing as my grandmother just moved into a convelesent home.. i see many older peopel who seem very happy to be alive.. so whats yr frigen point? the point is, u smoke, MOST of the time u die earlier.. its a fact.. so go ahead smoke away... just not in my face

Old 10-15-2002, 11:22 PM

Originally posted by Maxima91

quite a few acually, seeing as my grandmother just moved into a convelesent home.. i see many older peopel who seem very happy to be alive.. so whats yr frigen point? the point is, u smoke, MOST of the time u die earlier.. its a fact.. so go ahead smoke away... just not in my face
no, im just saying... because i visted a convalecent home for a brief time.. and everyone there seemed like they just want to die. It made me sad, because all they do is stare at the wall or look at themselves. I used to be "don't do anything that will shorten your lifespan blah blah" but after i saw that, it made me think again.

Yea, i even get mad when people are not courteous. Like, when waiting to cross the street at my school, people smoking right next to me, and ashing it right there too. I mean, ****, ashes are not heavy, they fly around....
Old 10-16-2002, 08:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by korupter
Your question should be: How many happy 50 year olds do you see who have just been diagnosed with lung cancer?
Old 10-16-2002, 09:27 AM
Disco Biscuit

Originally posted by dko
yeah. x-tra's were my staple cigs for a long time, but i smoked my last with my girlie last week. time to buy a few more cartons! but as far as a kick in the pants, blacks do it every time. wouldn't wanna put those down like the x-tra's though, half a pack of blacks a day will turn your lungs inside out
YA, I'm really lucky. theres a Cigar\Liquor store right down the stret from me that carries all of the Sampoernas and Djarums. I smoke the Sampoerna Classics regularly, and keep a pack of the Blacks to jump start my evening if I'm going out. Hit a Black, then smoke the classics the rest of the eve. I cant smoke a classic, then a black or a want to die. LOL
Old 10-16-2002, 09:28 AM

this is all BS....

my grandfather smoked a pack of marlboro lights everyday for approximately 70 years and died at the age of 92.

my aunt lived a healthy life. Never drank, never smoked, and constantly preached the importance of a healthy diet. Now she has cancer at the age of 43 and has been hospitlaized for the last few months.

These are NOT exceptions to a general rule. FACT.... smoking MAY cause cancer(there is a high CORRELLATION) but correlation does not mean CAUSATION.

I can't deny the detrimental effects of smoking cigarettes (considering all the factual research data out there and plus the fact that if I run two miles I'm huffin and puffin) but
the fact remains......life is a crap shoot. Some die sooner,
some die later. It doesn't always matter how clean or hedonistic
your life is.

Here's something to think about....
Cigarette consumption has fallen since it's peak
in the mid 1960's yet the amount of people diagnosed with
lung cancer continues to rise. hmm.....
Old 10-16-2002, 01:10 PM
Disco Biscuit

Originally posted by GLE02NJ

I don't think anyone here is saying that smoking is cool. I know it isnt, and have noticed a decrease in how I feel since I started smoking a little over a month ago. I don't condone it at all, and I urge anyone who is starting to stop imediately. But, I personally do enjoy smoking, as much as I have hated it over the years, and have lost both grandfathers to it.
As far as comparing street racing to smoking, for the most part smoking only endangers you. Street racing endangers everyone on the road thats near by at the time. Big difference.
Old 10-16-2002, 01:19 PM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by Whitemax

I don't think anyone here is saying that smoking is cool. I know it isnt, and have noticed a decrease in how I feel since I started smoking a little over a month ago. I don't condone it at all, and I urge anyone who is starting to stop imediately. But, I personally do enjoy smoking, as much as I have hated it over the years, and have lost both grandfathers to it.
As far as comparing street racing to smoking, for the most part smoking only endangers you. Street racing endangers everyone on the road thats near by at the time. Big difference.
Firstly, LOCK THIS THREAD.

Secondly, as a smoker for WAY too long, I urge YOU to stop smoking. You've been smoking for a month, you can quit so easily. There is no reason to be smoking. I got sucked into it in my youth and I wish someone was there to beat the ever-living **** out of me.

Thirdly, to whomever said it, smoking is NOT cool and no one in this thread said so.

Lastly, LOCK THIS THREAD
Old 10-16-2002, 01:23 PM
Disco Biscuit

Fistly, thanks for your urges. I have only had one friend tell me to stop. everyone else bums of of me.
Secondly, IBTL
Old 10-16-2002, 01:46 PM

FOR THE RECORD

smoking is not cool!
Old 10-16-2002, 03:54 PM
Former Sponsor

I dont smoke, I prefer to keep my lung capacity, I would tell all my friends to quit and probably have told most of them to quit... but they dont listen...

but yea there are always the people who live to 100 and smoke a cig every day... or maybe even a pack

but I know when I have kids I'd go ape shiet if they start smoking
Old 10-16-2002, 04:56 PM

haha, "ape ****" is a funny phrase
Old 10-16-2002, 08:20 PM

at 6 bucks a pack is about 40 dollars a week, about 160 a month, which works out to 1,920 dollars a year.. that's a set of rims and a suspension for my maxima.. i figure it that way..
Old 10-16-2002, 08:36 PM

Originally posted by Big_Ham

to whomever said it, smoking is NOT cool and no one in this thread said so.
I never said that you people said Smoking's Cool. I said this thread is not cool. People were talking about which tastes better and what they smoke. This thread truly did give the wrong impression on smoking until some people started saying that smokings stupid and stuff like that.

Originally posted by acMAX

Here's something to think about....
Cigarette consumption has fallen since it's peak
in the mid 1960's yet the amount of people diagnosed with
lung cancer continues to rise. hmm.....
That's because they have better technology to detect lung cancer in people today than they did back then. Obviously that is going to show a bigger number. Also, population has significatly increased. More Population = bigger number of deaths.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:43 PM

yea.. on my previous posts, it seems i'm like an advocate on smoking. But i am acutally not. If i had a choice, i would not smoke, for the obvious reasons... but there's barely anything out there that can soothe my stress and relax myself. ****, i work at a boring job when i get up in the morning till late afternoon, then i'm off to school where i literally don't know anyone, so i don't talk to anyone. That has been my life for the past 2 months. Living every weekday like that (boring job and no friends) will get anyone stressed out.
Yes, i have spilled my guts, now it's time to clean up.