General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Kumho

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2000, 09:04 PM

Are these tires any good? Any one have them?
Old 12-23-2000, 08:26 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member and Maxima.org Sponsor

I love my Kumho

tires, 235/45/17
Awesome grip, great tread wear!
Alex
Old 12-23-2000, 09:55 AM

From what I've heard...

They are very good in both dry and wet conditions, and have a really good tread life. My next set will definately be them...a set of 4 215/55-16 is only $300 from Tirerack, not including shipping of course!! They will fit perfect on the SE rims I am getting...that is when they need tires. Good Luck!!
Old 12-23-2000, 11:55 AM

My friend's Pops is a major distributor of those tires. -=) Hopefully someday he'll be nice and hook me up with a set
Old 12-23-2000, 03:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i got kuhmo's

The ecstas or whatever 235/40/18, great tires great tread good for people like me that squeal all the time.
Old 12-23-2000, 03:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i got kuhmo's

The ecstas or whatever 235/40/18, great tires great tread good for people like me that squeal all the time.
Old 12-23-2000, 04:38 PM

thanks guys, you have been a great deal of help. Im getting them as soon as i can get some cash.
Old 12-23-2000, 05:19 PM

i was getting it cuz it's soooooo cheap, however the place i got my wheels from told me they are ****, so i guess you get what you pay for.
Old 12-23-2000, 05:51 PM

I don't think they are necessarily true.

I think Kumhos are decent tires.

It is a new company trying hard penetrate the market, by offering good products at a great price.

I am not saying Kumho makes the best tires.
but dollar per dollar, they are hard to beat. Good products at a good price, it is a solid strategy.

look around, Kumho 235/45 17s are very affordable compare to other brands. Kumho tires overall are cheaper than any of those other big name brands.

Just becaues they are inexpensive doesn't mean it is a bad procuct. As with many other Korean products, their main advantage is price. But just because they are cheap doesn't mean they really are CHEAP.
That wheel place needs to get some facts straight.

Kumho may not be the best tires you can get, but they difinitely are not ****.

Yes, I am korean, and I am not saying this to Woodear, I am just addressing what I think is an unfair public conception about Kumho tires just because they are very inexpensive.

Old 12-23-2000, 07:56 PM

Well the reason the shop told me that, is because he did sell few sets of wheels with Kumho tires to customers, and all customers say they are ****, most because they suck in wet.
I don't even know they are Korean tires, I was just telling what I heard. I know it inexpensive items doesn't have to be bad, but it's my life riding on those rubbers, so I choose to be safe than sorry.
Old 12-24-2000, 01:47 PM
OG :)

Re: I don't think they are necessarily true.

Originally posted by ArcticMax
Just becaues they are inexpensive doesn't mean it is a bad procuct. As with many other Korean products, their main advantage is price. But just because they are cheap doesn't mean they really are CHEAP.
[/I]
oh please... korean people consider hyundais disposable cars

as in 100k and junkyard material
Old 12-24-2000, 02:28 PM

What I meant was

Yes, some cheap priced things really are inferior products.
I didn't mean to say that all cheap things are really not cheap, we all know that's not true. But in the case of Kumhos, I just happen to think they are good products at a good price. As for the Hyundais, yes, they sucked for a long time. But, they have made tremendous improvements and have advancecd by leaps and bonunds. (let's not forget what America said when the japanese first started exporting cars here) Hyundai just happens to be a little slower than the Japanase. As for the CURRENT state of Hyundai cars, I think they have very good cars, at a very good price. In fact, I just test drove the new XG 300, and you know what, it is pretty damn good! It has a 5-speed tiptronic, something even the Maxima does not have, AND memory seats too. MY friend has a 2000 Sonata, and you know what, that things is quieter than the Maxima at highway speeds. (my one dislike of the Maximas). Of course the Maxima is a better car, but then it also costs significantly more. Those Koreans who say thngs like how Hyundais are pieces of junk, they don't last over 5 years, blah blah blah,. They have no idea what they are talking about, and they are Koeans too!! I admit Hyundai sucked for a long time, but not anymore. It is very unfair to judge Hyundai on their past performance and reputation. In fact, after I get my MBA, i'm gonna work for Hyundai. I'll hook all of you up with nice incentives in the future. You guys have to agree, that the Hyundais are better than those Metros running around, and the Metro is Japanese too. You know, if people realize what kind of stuff Korea exports all over the world other than cars, maybe their perception might change. I do not, however, hold the same view for Kias and DaeWoos. They are far far behind Hyundai.