General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Nissan National Car Care Month?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 12:21 AM

Nissan National Car Care Month?

I got this letter from nissan saying that they have a 100-point courtesy check up and is free. They inspect the engine system, electrical system, brake system, drive train system, cooling system, Heating system, exhaust, system, and steering system. Well my question is..is this good to do. Well i already got appointment on thursday to bring my car for the check up. Is free and it doesnt hurt. I would find out anything that is wrong with my max i guess. Well guys is this good to do? Did anyone get this by mail
Old 10-17-2002, 01:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Re: Nissan National Car Care Month?

Originally posted by elgatomax
I got this letter from nissan saying that they have a 100-point courtesy check up and is free. They inspect the engine system, electrical system, brake system, drive train system, cooling system, Heating system, exhaust, system, and steering system. Well my question is..is this good to do. Well i already got appointment on thursday to bring my car for the check up. Is free and it doesnt hurt. I would find out anything that is wrong with my max i guess. Well guys is this good to do? Did anyone get this by mail
I did

I wont take my car in- I dont want techs taking my car out for test drives... they tend to bery impressed with my Maximas power ...

if they tell you anything that needs to be fixed double check it yourself...its just your Nissan dealers way of making extra money off of you while doing you a 'service'
Old 10-17-2002, 03:56 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Nissan National Car Care Month?

Originally posted by elgatomax
I got the Nissan flyer this week. It is nothing but a ploy to allow them to tell you what is wrong with your car and make a bunch of money off you. I promptly threw it in the round file where it belonged. I currently drive an Infiniti I30 after several Maximas. The difference between Nissan Service and Infiniti Service is huge. If the Infiniti dealer sent me one I would seriously consider it. Attitude makes such a big difference!
Old 10-17-2002, 05:49 AM

My fear is they may brake a couple of things and say you need to fix it!!

Becuase I don't normally get any work done at the dealerships I go to a proshop in my area.....