General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Some pics of Oct 19th BG Nissan Meet

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 08:44 PM

Some pics of Oct 19th BG Nissan Meet

I thought id post some pics of the october 19th meet in Bowling Green. There were 3 .org members there (me, Hlh0501, and Tony VQ) This was an all nissan meet and we had about 20 cars there.
Pics
Here are some highlight pics thanks to Tony VQ! There are somemore people that havent put pics up yet, but I will give links when they do.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:46 PM

Old 10-20-2002, 08:48 PM

Here is a Writeup of the meet thanks to a meet attendee Fred aka palmerwmd:

2002 white SER (new to NICO, other members will fill in names for me I hope)
2002 silver SPEC V, with lots of mods, Cory, aka OnefastStanza
2002 silver SPEC V Jezter
1991 Infinti Q45, pearl, Fred aka palmerwmd, mods are in my sig here)
1995 gorgeous black on black leather Infiniti J30, belongs to Chris aka mayhemJ30
1996 I30 driven by Brain aka "I30", beautiful champangne gold
1995 (?) 300ZX TT, boost: 16 (low setting) 19(hi setting), very very hard core
1991 (?) nice dark grey 240SX nice 17 inch wheels , Andy aka repoman
2002 Altima, emerald quartz mist, a very cool color, very modern and driver oriented interior, owned by Brad (also owns a 240SX), he Andy's aka repoman's dad.
1995(?)red 240SX owned by none other than Rob aka redrocket , w/ Nitroous
1996 white Acura Integra a guest from the Honda/Acura crowd, Name of Chris
1995 (?) 240SX nice dark blue owned by Ben aka 95silviase.
1991 240SX owned by Sygerwulf, white+ clean.
1995 Maxima SE, 5 speed conversion, TURBO'ed by F&F automotive, ran STRONG
1997 low mile 240 also a very nice blu with perfect black leather owned by cnichols
1993(?) white 240SX also owned by cnichols.
1998 black 200SX nice Koenigs owned by John (also new to NICO)
2000 Altima blue green owend by a new gent (forgot name will edit when he sees this and emails me)
2002 Maxima only 7200 miles (!) owned by TonyVQ
1997 Tan Infiniti I30

A whole BUNCH of interesting and correct cars.
Many were modded, but only in a correct and tasteful ways.

It never ceases to amze me, how tasteful the Nissan/Infiniti community can be, even when concerning very young members ( we had two 15 and 16 yr old attendees).

This is how it went during this rainy day:

at 1 pm Fred aka "me", showed up for the pre meet at rallys/Preston, I was joined within minutes by John w/ his cool 200SX, (GREAT bucket seats), nice rims, tasteful factory (?)spoiler.
After hangin around for a few miniutes and ogling a tall, slender blonde rallys employee we were joined in quick succesion by 8 cars.
this attandence was a pleasant surprise to all as it had been raining much of the day.
I went ahead and handed out NICO stickers to the new guys.

Including the 300ZX TT, this car got a lot fo attention from us especially as we had to get the oohing in, before we left for BG as he was running racing slicks and the constant rain made it unseemlyto drive 100 miles w/ those tires.

mayhemJ30 was held up so we formed up in a caravan of 8 cars waiting for him and when he drove in and saw so many cool cars all lined up in one line with their hazrds flashing, his eyes just tunred real wide when he looked at me and I shouted over that we he cna plug in and we are rolling.
Minutes later he would call TonyVQ and ask " You think you got enough cars there?")

When the caravan left fred took the lead and TonyVQ the rear both with cellphones to keep track of any problems that may arise on this 100+ mile trip.

Our pace was dictaed by traffic and weather at first, but as both improved we rellay picked it up and close to teh end of the trip the entire caravan was moving in the mod 90's mph.

Passing many astonished motorists.

One BMW driver in particular clogged the left lane and when he finnal made room after being flahed at by both palmerwmd and Brad he had to watch the group blow by him at 100mph.

Meanwhile, Ben and his out of state guests Tim (DSM driver who won our last oil raffle), matt and (aargh i forgot the name of teh blonde guy) were speeding towards The Corvette museum.
After a cell call w/ Fred they agreed to try to take pics of the entire Louisville caravan as it rolled in.
(In the end the caravan was split at the last moment by a red light)
At the same time as the louisville caravan tunred left Harold with his turboed Maxima was facing us also trying to turn.
The amazement on his face as this long succession of really tight Nissan/Infinti's passing right in front of his nose wa sight toi see.
Apparantly he had expected 3 or 4 cars made up of the usual diehards.

When we rolled in we met the other half of our meet and we all surrounded various cars.
Shortly after our arrival we had a little ceremony where we gave out a small award to a especially loyal NICO memberwho had now driven a round trip distance over 1000 miles for teh second time to be with us at our meet.
The ceremony consisted of Fred handing redrocket a case of ValvolineSynPower 5w-40, followed by a impromptu short speech by redrocket.

As both Cnichols turboed 240SX and Harolds turboed MAximas had just been made ready for the meet, they were the center of attention.
Both cars were running though not fully sorted out yet.
The important thing is they were ready for the meet.
Harold later gave some NICO's rides in his Max to feel the power the tremedous power.

As it kept raining we soon decided to move to Sonics, were we ogled the help (I got one of the prettier ones, to pose in from of my Q tooka pic with OneFastStanza's camera) talked cars, and generally had a good time.
After a couple of hours we were thrown out (hmmm did we get thrown out somewhere last time too?) and retreated to a local subway which was owned by Chris's (95 Acura Integra) mom, so we were reasonable safe from being thrown out.

In the meantime many pictures were taken and the group of new guys in the 2000 Altima went ahead to try their luck too see if the track was open.
They prob realized chances of runs were low but they had driven all the way to BG, with smaller diameter driving wheels (front) for better times and wanted to give it a shot.
before they left they got a ride in Harolds MAxima and came back all impressed.

At subway the meet slowly wound down between 8 and 9pm and redrocket entertained thsoe still present ( about 8 guys) with the pics he had loaded from his camera on his laptop and also with a japanses animation cartoon about street racing.
It was very cool featured japanese w/ engl subtitles, lots of musics edgy racing scenes and a R32 Skyline GTR.