General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Car is broke AGAIN, shifter cable bracket

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 04:27 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Car is broke AGAIN, shifter cable bracket

Well it finally happened to me. i've just been waiting for it to happen the shifter cable bracket that's near teh firewall in the engine bay(same thing that ethan broke a couple months back) snapped on me last night. it was 5:40 and i was leaving the post office and shifted into second smooth and quick like i normally do and all of a sudden nothing, car is in neutral shifter is dead and limp. i didn't even panic i was like i broke that damn bracket. so i coasted to the side of the road into a parking spot and called triple A, then JErry Rome Nissan, then ethan, then Mike Bernardes(he's my friend that works at jerry rome) then Scott to come pick my @ss up. well to make a long story short it took triple A's towing place almost 2 hours to get me and they said 45 minutes so i kept calling and *****ing and they waived the tow, you normally get 4 tows a year and i already used one and it's only been a month and i got this one waived so i have three left for next years track season lol. ethan said it took them overnight to fix it. i'm gonna call make sure they just look at the car real quick and order the part today and it should be fixed thursday if not friday at the latest. i'm gonan tell them i need it by friday night cus i've got a hot date saturday and i can't be carless. so anyway, they just better not give me crap about getting the car fixed cus i don't have time to deal with their $hit this week, but Mike will make sure. AND if you need a nissan in western mass call Jerry Rome and Ask for Mike Bernardes and tell him steve sent ya, he's a good kid.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:59 AM

Re: Car is broke AGAIN, shifter cable bracket

Originally posted by dmbmaxima2k2
Well it finally happened to me. i've just been waiting for it to happen the shifter cable bracket that's near teh firewall in the engine bay(same thing that ethan broke a couple months back) snapped on me last night. it was 5:40 and i was leaving the post office and shifted into second smooth and quick like i normally do and all of a sudden nothing, car is in neutral shifter is dead and limp. i didn't even panic i was like i broke that damn bracket. so i coasted to the side of the road into a parking spot and called triple A, then JErry Rome Nissan, then ethan, then Mike Bernardes(he's my friend that works at jerry rome) then Scott to come pick my @ss up. well to make a long story short it took triple A's towing place almost 2 hours to get me and they said 45 minutes so i kept calling and *****ing and they waived the tow, you normally get 4 tows a year and i already used one and it's only been a month and i got this one waived so i have three left for next years track season lol. ethan said it took them overnight to fix it. i'm gonna call make sure they just look at the car real quick and order the part today and it should be fixed thursday if not friday at the latest. i'm gonan tell them i need it by friday night cus i've got a hot date saturday and i can't be carless. so anyway, they just better not give me crap about getting the car fixed cus i don't have time to deal with their $hit this week, but Mike will make sure. AND if you need a nissan in western mass call Jerry Rome and Ask for Mike Bernardes and tell him steve sent ya, he's a good kid.
That sucks,

Why does it break? I still need to get my TSB on clutch done and some knocking sound that is comming from front right side.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:48 AM

you gotta stop abusing your car!!
Old 10-23-2002, 03:13 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Car is broke AGAIN, shifter cable bracket

Originally posted by Dany

That sucks,

Why does it break? I still need to get my TSB on clutch done and some knocking sound that is comming from front right side.
it happened to ethan too it's jsut not strong enough for us power shifters.