General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.
View Poll Results: How did YOU find the .ORG?
Used a search engine
75.56%
Friend told me about it
11.11%
Saw a Maxima.org sticker on someone's window
1.11%
Other...please post below
12.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

How did YOU find the .ORG?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 02:30 PM

I found the link from nissandriven.com

Adam
Old 11-06-2002, 02:39 PM

My Story

Well, sit back and relax.

Once apon a time, in the 80s. I used to be a sperm and I used to just swim around with my sperm pals. We had racing contests. Yeah, I was even a racer back then. I always won too. I was the most popular one. Then my parents met and did that thing that I am not supposed to do because I am not married. I was transferred from one area to the next (dad to my mom). Next thing I know I am in a new environment with a bunch of my sperm pals. All of a sudden, we are surrounded by these eggs! I was so scared and didn't know what was going to happen. Sure, I acted brave because I had to keep my pals from breaking up into sperm pieces. I had to start communication with the eggs if I wanted to get out of this place. I said "We come in Peace." They said "We need a sacrifice." All of us were frightened now. They said don't be scared because in time you all are going to die. Then we were like "oh..at least it's democratic." So we needed to decide who was going to make the sacrifice and we picked this geek sperm. The eggs said "NO!" I got ****ed off so I started cursing at the eggs, one said "you!..fertilize me now." I am thinking "whoa, we just met." Well, fertilizing was kind of fun Then after our one night stand, I started experiencing changes. I got bigger and bigger. 9 months later, bam! I am out of that scary zone.

OHHH WE WERE SUPPOSED TO WRITE ABOUT HOW WE FOUND THE ORG??

June 1, 2002- purchased our first Nissan (the Maxima of course)
Approx. 2-3 Weeks later after finally getting less excited from the fast car, I got on the computer and searched "maxima club" and I found this. I didn't like it at first because of the layout but I love it now. I also didn't like the people on it because they kept telling me to search, they were mean to me just like the eggs

(off topic: UPS Rang my doorbell while I was typing this stuff and I got my clear corners! One question, I didn't order it from autodynamic but do I still have to put the silicone thingy on? I hope not but if I do, I will wait until tomorrow to put these bad boys on.

THE END
Old 11-06-2002, 06:42 PM
Banned

Re: My Story

Originally posted by GLE02NJ

Once apon a time, in the 80s. I used to be a sperm and I used to just swim around with my sperm pals. We had racing contests. Yeah, I was even a racer back then. I always won too. I was the most popular one. Then my parents met and did that thing that I am not supposed to do because I am not married. I was transferred from one area to the next (dad to my mom). Next thing I know I am in a new environment with a bunch of my sperm pals. All of a sudden, we are surrounded by these eggs! I was so scared and didn't know what was going to happen. Sure, I acted brave because I had to keep my pals from breaking up into sperm pieces. I had to start communication with the eggs if I wanted to get out of this place. I said "We come in Peace." They said "We need a sacrifice." All of us were frightened now. They said don't be scared because in time you all are going to die. Then we were like "oh..at least it's democratic." So we needed to decide who was going to make the sacrifice and we picked this geek sperm. The eggs said "NO!" I got ****ed off so I started cursing at the eggs, one said "you!..fertilize me now." I am thinking "whoa, we just met." Well, fertilizing was kind of fun Then after our one night stand, I started experiencing changes. I got bigger and bigger. 9 months later, bam! I am out of that scary zone.

OHHH WE WERE SUPPOSED TO WRITE ABOUT HOW WE FOUND THE ORG??

June 1, 2002- purchased our first Nissan (the Maxima of course)
Approx. 2-3 Weeks later after finally getting less excited from the fast car, I got on the computer and searched "maxima club" and I found this. I didn't like it at first because of the layout but I love it now. I also didn't like the people on it because they kept telling me to search, they were mean to me just like the eggs

THE END
overkill

I did a search.....I think I might have found this site from Freshalloys.com or something? Don't remember?
Old 11-06-2002, 08:01 PM

how I found the org...

I read about MaximaForum in a magazine (Super Street I think?) and I was on there a little bit before Dario got me to join NissanX, and then on one of those boards, I heard about this mysterious thing called "the org" so lo and behold I followed a link from one of those boards once and ended up here. I still hang out on all the boards when I can, I think I post the most here though.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:05 PM

Re: Re: My Story

Originally posted by VQPowerSE

overkill

Sorry

I just had a lot of time at the moment so I kept going...
Old 11-07-2002, 12:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I honestly can not remember how I found this site.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:22 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by The_Bomb
I found the link from nissandriven.com

Adam
theres a link to maxima.org from the official nissan site?
Old 11-07-2002, 04:48 AM

When i got my maxima i stumbled on this site and i thought it wasnt very helpful because the maxima of the month was the same for like 5 months, i think it was the dec 2000 motm. I decided to register and forgot my user name so i registered again under this name.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:22 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

who is jambo?

Old 11-07-2002, 07:54 AM

Re: How did YOU find the .ORG?

Originally posted by acMAX
I hope this hasn't been done before......but I'm curious as to how all of you have come to find the .org.

Me?
Well I bought my 2k1 in December of 2000.
I had the car for about a week and one day I sat at my computer
and ran a search on Google(i think). Typed in the word "Maxima"
and low and behold.....before my very eyes I saw the words:

Maxima.Org - Home for the MAXIMA Enthusiast.

I clicked on the link....and the rest is history.

So tell me...how did YOU find the .org

Please vote and comment if you wish.

Thanks
my story is the same except for the Google part, i used Yahoo

Ant
Old 11-07-2002, 08:09 AM

googled it.
Old 11-07-2002, 10:30 AM

i didnt find the org..i found thepeel.com or something...
Old 11-07-2002, 12:55 PM

Originally posted by spiff56747

theres a link to maxima.org from the official nissan site?
They're used to be.

Adam
Old 11-07-2002, 01:01 PM

When I was thinking about purchasing a Max I wanted to research it so I Googled "maxima" and got Cheston's site which led me here.
Old 11-07-2002, 06:12 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: My Story

Sorry

I just had a lot of time at the moment so I kept going...
Oh boy!!!
Old 11-07-2002, 07:04 PM
Ramius83

I actually found it on accident way back in 99. I lurked for a while until I figured out that modding a Maxima was pretty cool. Little did I know I would go broke from it....

Old 11-07-2002, 08:56 PM

used search.....looked through the forums for quite a while, but didnt join till january
Old 11-08-2002, 06:53 AM

Re: My Story

THE END

ummmm, there should be just one egg

as for the .org, I found it while I was reseaching cars. I lurked, bought a 5th gen, and joined.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:17 AM

Re: Re: My Story

Originally posted by T-bone

ummmm, there should be just one egg

so no one found the story funny? I thought it was a little funny, I guess I am still immature.

me -->
all of you -->
Old 11-08-2002, 07:28 AM

Re: Re: Re: My Story

so no one found the story funny? I thought it was a little funny, I guess I am still immature.

me -->
all of you -->
it's like the late 90's SNL skits; you started out strong, but it was too long. It would have been funnier if you said that you raced to the egg and flashed your warning lights at the losers.

I still give you a
Old 11-08-2002, 04:46 PM
Banned

Originally posted by James12345

I remember the good ole days of generation-3.com [/B]
generation3.com? How about maximanet.com...thats what this site used to be... i was on it back then 5 yrs ago
Old 11-08-2002, 08:21 PM

found the actual org looking for hooked up max's....found the forums a few weeks after that....my wallet has gotten lighet as well