General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2000, 09:34 AM
Tonyh

1999 Maxima SE -- Here is my question, the dealer and NTB (checked tire pressure and no noticeable damage) both have looked at the alignment and stated that it is within specs. However, I’m still experiencing a pull to the left (pretty noticeable on the expressway). My wife, who I love dearly, is a pothole magnet, if the alignment is within specs is it still possible to have bent or damaged parts? Has anyone had experience with dealer computer specs being off? We have rotated the tires from front to back and crisscrossed on the front, still no luck. Live in IL (near Chicago) Lake County to be exact.

Thanks for the help!

Old 12-28-2000, 09:48 AM

hmmm

I just got done fighting with Mueller Tire about this. My car is actually out of spec on TOE and CAMBER in the rear by about .003. This is hardly worth my time to be honest; so my wheels will wear out 1000 miles sooner...big deal! Thing is this: My car TRACKS straight up the road and is now smooth as ever.
My point is this..my car is outside of spec and drives perfect; smooth and very straight. You say yours is INSIDE spec and it pulls? That makes me wonder if you have a seperated belt in the tire or if you did bend something. If you had a seperated belt that wouldn't show up in an alignment. They align the front end, and don't compensate for how the tires have worn...etc. Thus your car could pull b/c of a broken internal belt. If this were the case it would shake a bit too and you MIGHT have a visable bubble on the tire. I had this happen on my old Integra. I replaced one tire and the pull and shake were BOTH gone!
Hey..this is a long shot..but if you have had it checked at two places and its fine..I have to think its something with the tires. Unless you hit a pothole that allowed you to see the the earths crust, I can't imagine you were able to bend anything.

SHUMAX