General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Front lip -- Crack.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 08:55 PM

Front lip -- Crack.

I was coming home from dropping acouple of friends off at a local bar (no, I wasn't drinking hehe), and it was a parking lot in which I was totally unfamiliar. I drove out the way I thought I had come in, and snagged a curb which I hadn't seen (due to lack of fog lights, and unfamiliar parking lot in the dark). The entire right side of my front lip SNAPPED off. This is a characteristic of polyeurathane that I've never seen before, and didn't even think was possible.

I guess canadian cold weather will work wonders for flexible material.

I'm pretty poor right now since I had to pay a pile for custom made supercharger parts, so I'm wondering if there's a "quick" fix to getting it looking semi normal again. It was attached to the car via screws on the sides, and urathane under the kit. Can you buy Urathane in stores? If not, does anyone know if there something that I could use other than 3m doublesided tape to keep it on for the remainder of the winter until I get a new lip?
Old 11-15-2002, 10:38 PM

Sorry to hear that man, on the bright side the S/C works!!

Why not just take off the whole lip for now, after all winter is approaching and you are lowered, no need for you to act like a snowplow.

By the way, did they ever fix that curb that goes into your parking lot at your building?
Old 11-16-2002, 12:13 AM
Banned

you can fiberglass it back together if you really wanted to.

I cant help you with the urethane stuff.

Old 11-16-2002, 07:27 AM

I was thinking about the whole fiberglass thing. I think the lips pretty done though, the top part of it that wraps over the top of the lower bumper is broken away from it, and still stuck to the car. I managed to cover up the scratches with touchup paint, and get it stuck back on the car via afew screws and some double sided tape. Pretty ghetto

Looks like I'm going to be buying a new one after winter.