General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Addco Rsb Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 01:13 PM

Addco Rsb Question

I've had my Addco RSB underneath my bed since March of this year. I finally got around to going to my friend's shop and attempt to install it. We came across a problem though, the same that many 5th Gen Maxima owner have with the RSB, the U-Bolts didn't go around the trailer arms. We tried bending them and even tried heating them up, but we still couldn't manage to get them to get around the arms. I have read that if you call up Addco they'll ship you out the newer U-Bolts for 5th Generation Maximas. My questions are:

1) What's the phone # for Addco?
2) I bought the RSB back in March 2002, will they give me a problem b/c of this?
3) Do I need to fax/e-mail them a copy of my receipt of purchase? B/C I don't think that I still have it.

Any answers or additional comments to these questions would be a great help. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2002, 01:27 PM

Re: Addco Rsb Question

Originally posted by krazyd
I've had my Addco RSB underneath my bed since March of this year. I finally got around to going to my friend's shop and attempt to install it. We came across a problem though, the same that many 5th Gen Maxima owner have with the RSB, the U-Bolts didn't go around the trailer arms. We tried bending them and even tried heating them up, but we still couldn't manage to get them to get around the arms. I have read that if you call up Addco they'll ship you out the newer U-Bolts for 5th Generation Maximas. My questions are:

1) What's the phone # for Addco?
2) I bought the RSB back in March 2002, will they give me a problem b/c of this?
3) Do I need to fax/e-mail them a copy of my receipt of purchase? B/C I don't think that I still have it.

Any answers or additional comments to these questions would be a great help. Thanks.
wait until next week so when i get mine we can install together! 3 heads make better then 2!
Old 11-16-2002, 01:47 PM

Re: Re: Addco Rsb Question

Originally posted by DaThrillr

wait until next week so when i get mine we can install together! 3 heads make better then 2!
The owner of Blazin' S&P on Northern, Pete, is in my FD. He was helping me as well as with all the guys from his shop But I need to get replacement U-Bolts b/c he said he doesn't want to use bent bolts.
Old 11-16-2002, 02:42 PM

Put on cement and bang with hammer. Works like a charm
Old 11-16-2002, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by Virus
Put on cement and bang with hammer. Works like a charm
Bang what specifically?
Old 11-17-2002, 10:52 AM

* need help