General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

RIP, mtrai760's 97 maxima... :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 09:47 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

RIP, mtrai760's 97 maxima... :(

It was a great car, it's life taken way to early by a dumb $$%$#%#$%$#%$#$#$%$%#@!#%#!!! driver... On my way to school this morning, a ford ranger made an illegal left hand turn right in front of me. I had a car on my left and cars to my right, no where to go... I hit him almost head on, and basically the whole front of my car is smashed in from the right, all the way to the right hand shock tower, and I was only going 35-40! It was about 30 degrees out, and the roads had dew on them from fog... No one was injured, I didn't even hit my airbag, though both of them went off. His truck is most likely totaled as well, it almost rolled over from the impact, kinda hung in the air for a couple seconds before slamming back down. He Doesn't have insurance! Good thing I have full coverage and uninsured motorist insureance. The police cited him for no insurance and making an illegal turn. I don't know what will be salvagable from my car yet. I already got what I could, but I will be posting many items for sale soon. I can hopefully pick up another max, but I still owed $11k on my loan for this one, so I'm not gonna get much back from insurance, I'm 25, but I just went back to school full time after getting out of the Marine Corps last year. Anyone know if I can sue this guy for the rest of my lost money? I'll be posting parts for sale soon...

BTW, I had so many plans for this car in the coming months... already have the VI, was getting ready to go with direct port nitrous, and had a turbo project in the works...

RIP 97 gxe 73k miles
180hp, 193tq
Best times:
Auto: 15.3 @ 91
Auto w/NOS 13.9 @ 101
5spd NA 15.2 @ 92
5spd conversion, Warpspeed Y-pipe, Warpspeed B-pipe, ACT clutch, PR CAI, 300zx rims, Kuhmo Ecsta's, Addco RSB, FSTB, H&R's & AGX, so much more...
Old 12-03-2002, 09:50 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: RIP, mtrai760's 97 maxima... :(

Originally posted by mtrai760
It was a great car, it's life taken way to early by a dumb $$%$#%#$%$#%$#$#$%$%#@!#%#!!! driver... On my way to school this morning, a ford ranger made an illegal left hand turn right in front of me. I had a car on my left and cars to my right, no where to go... I hit him almost head on, and basically the whole front of my car is smashed in from the right, all the way to the right hand shock tower, and I was only going 35-40! It was about 30 degrees out, and the roads had dew on them from fog... No one was injured, I didn't even hit my airbag, though both of them went off. His truck is most likely totaled as well, it almost rolled over from the impact, kinda hung in the air for a couple seconds before slamming back down. He Doesn't have insurance! Good thing I have full coverage and uninsured motorist insureance. The police cited him for no insurance and making an illegal turn. I don't know what will be salvagable from my car yet. I already got what I could, but I will be posting many items for sale soon. I can hopefully pick up another max, but I still owed $11k on my loan for this one, so I'm not gonna get much back from insurance, I'm 25, but I just went back to school full time after getting out of the Marine Corps last year. Anyone know if I can sue this guy for the rest of my lost money? I'll be posting parts for sale soon...

BTW, I had so many plans for this car in the coming months... already have the VI, was getting ready to go with direct port nitrous, and had a turbo project in the works...

RIP 97 gxe 73k miles
180hp, 193tq
Best times:
Auto w/NOS 13.9 @ 101
5spd NA 15.2 @ 92
5spd conversion, Warpspeed Y-pipe, Warpspeed B-pipe, ACT clutch, PR CAI, 300zx rims, Kuhmo Ecsta's, Addco RSB, FSTB, H&R's & AGX, so much more...
sorry bro =( thank god you're covered though. and that no one was injured.

[vulture mode]if you're selling your mevi hit me up first[/vulture mode]

sorry about that... seriously the most important thing is you're ok.

Man that SUCKS!

First off, I'm glad you are OK

Sorry about your ride

Get a Lawyer! Just do it, you'll be glad you did.
Good luck dude, hope to see you around.

Damn man, I'm really sorry to hear that.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:51 AM
Custom User Title...

sorry to hear that man , but i'm glad to hear you weren't hurt. people who don't have insurance shouldn't drive!! goodluck with insurance stuff, don't let them nickel and dime you. hope all works out for the best.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:02 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

oh man, sorry to hear about this

At least you're okay though. That's what matters the most.

Stupid focker. And OF COURSE they weren't insured The idiot that totalled my Accord wasn't insured either. Your insurance company will probably end up suing him for damages because of this, since your ins will be paying out money for BOTH cars when his insurance should have been doing that. My insurance has litigation pending on the moron that totalled my accord for this exact reason.

BTW, get yourself checked out at the hospital ASAP. You might not be feeling anything now, but TRUST ME, you will start to hurt big time in a few days. Best to go now and get yourself some pain killers in advance. I was okay for about 2 days after my Accord was rear-ended at like 20-30 mph, but day 3 I could barely make it up stairs and was in a lot of pain. Fortunately it was just bruising though, nothing serious.

You might be able to sue them for some damages not covered by insurance, but chances are if they don't have auto insurance, they don't have any money to their name to sue for anyways, so it might be a waste of time and money for you.

You won't need to worry about not getting enough $$$ from insurance on a total if you have total loss protection of some sort. I have this on my auto loan (mandatory with my bank), so that if my car is totalled and insurance doesn't give me enough to pay off the loan, I'm still covered. This is a VERY good thing to have, and will protect you from having to pay for a car that's sitting in a junkyard
Old 12-03-2002, 10:13 AM

Sorry to hear this.

SuDZ
Old 12-03-2002, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Old 12-03-2002, 10:18 AM
I need a truck

man that really sucks ... i agree with steve, get yourself checked out because what doesn't hurt right now will hurt you tomorrow ... hope everything works out for the better
Old 12-03-2002, 10:20 AM
Got Bent?

sorry to hear it

hope everything works out ok
Old 12-03-2002, 10:25 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Thank God no one was hurt.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Matt called me this morning and told me about this - I was stunned.

Dude, get another Max for less money with a 5spd and you'll be back in business. Your payments will be lower, and you have a car again.

use Navy Federal to finance - If you don't have an account with them, it only cost $5 to start one - I'll drive you to Silverdale myself some saturday to set it up. Their interest rates are awesome (7% flat on a used car, 5% on a new one), and you're guaranteed to get the loan because you are military.

And I agree, get a lawyer.

(Howabout a 97 Superblack SE 5spd with leather?)

IanS
Old 12-03-2002, 10:39 AM

man sorry to hear about you and your car. I agree with everybody else and think you might want to talk to a lawyer and see your options. I might know of another car for ya, let me check it out. rest and relax, if ya need anything let me know.

p.s. if you still want to try some of your projects my car could be a volunteer. j/k
Old 12-03-2002, 10:40 AM

sorry bout the car man that really sucks.
i might be looking to part with my maxima for a fair price if your interested. i have all the stock parts too. i crashed my 240z 8 days after i got it and bent the frame so im rebuilding it so i kinda know how u feel. good luck
Old 12-03-2002, 10:44 AM

crap as i closed the window i saw u have nitrous DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TELL YOUR INSURANCE U HAVE NITROUS remove it all from the car if u can. my roommate had his stang stolen and he gave his insurance company reciepts for everything including the nitrous and they dropped him for having a "high performance car" make sure even if ur going to be losing money not to give them any reciepts regarding nitrous. goodluck
Old 12-03-2002, 10:47 AM

Originally posted by MaxSE98
crap as i closed the window i saw u have nitrous DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TELL YOUR INSURANCE U HAVE NITROUS remove it all from the car if u can. my roommate had his stang stolen and he gave his insurance company reciepts for everything including the nitrous and they dropped him for having a "high performance car" make sure even if ur going to be losing money not to give them any reciepts regarding nitrous. goodluck
He doesn't have nitrous anymore
Old 12-03-2002, 10:49 AM

dude glad to see you are ok man.

sorry to hear about the max hopefully you will get enough money back to get another one.
hope you get up and running agai

and the insurance that steVTEC was talking about is called GAP insurance. probablly th eonly useful thing that the F&I department offers when doing the paper work. its a big help when ins company dosne't give you enough or if you just want to make your car disappear. i have it as well.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:50 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Nitrous went bye bye for the manual tranny... Believe me, I DEFINETLY wouldn't be telling them that!

Old 12-03-2002, 10:56 AM
Boost.....

Old 12-03-2002, 10:56 AM

Awwww ... crap.

At least you're ok.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:03 AM

Sorry for the loss of your car I guess this is just a sign that your VI was meant to be installed on your nelwy replaced Maxima

DW
Old 12-03-2002, 11:12 AM
www.autotalk.com

Sorry to hear that dude but I am glad none is injured. Goodluck in finding a new max.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:24 AM
Conecarver

Glad your ok. Let us know how we can finance your new ride
Old 12-03-2002, 11:52 AM

mtrai760 sold his NO2 earlier this year to convert to a manual - it's not on his car anymore...
Old 12-03-2002, 12:14 PM

[B] Anyone know if I can sue this guy for the rest of my lost money? I'll be posting parts for sale soon...
You can sue that nut to pay for your financial losses due to his carelessness.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:24 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

damn man after all that work with tranny swap. cars come and go..

glad to here your alright.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:24 PM
no more maxima...

Old 12-03-2002, 12:46 PM

Old 12-03-2002, 12:48 PM

Sorry to hear, it happens to the best of us, I think everything will turn out just fine for you.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:27 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Old 12-03-2002, 02:06 PM

Good to hear you are alright , sorry about the car... it is replaceable...don't fret...

it will work out...
Old 12-03-2002, 02:14 PM

glad you're OK, man. i drove thru that same area this morning, i'm like 5 blocks from there - creepy.

i used to work for an insurance co - i'd be happy to help you read thru your policy, make sure you get what they owe you.

also, you definitely have a legal case. just cause he's uninsured doesn't make him any less liable, esp. if he was cited at fault on the police rpt. he owes full repair and damages regardless, and your ins. co. will chase him down for whatever they can get.

you should definitely go the hospital and get checked out, notify your ins. co. re: medical coverage on your policy, cause if there's anything wrong with you they'll consider those costs in recovering from him, too. any accident serious enough to blow the bags and you're likely damaged, too, but there's a time limit on that, you can't come back in a year and say "oh by the way, my neck's been sore ever since." insurance co's gonna wanna know this stuff anyway, might as well go get examined.

if there's anything we can do, man, just let us know (a ride, help pulling parts, a beer...). suck.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:31 PM
living out of a maxima...

Old 12-03-2002, 03:11 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Thanks for the support everyone. Ive started posting parts for sale, MEVI and Full sweep fuel pressure gauge, both brand new never installed...
Old 12-03-2002, 04:41 PM
ATt

RIP 97 gxe 73k miles
180hp, 193tq
Best times:
Auto w/NOS 13.9 @ 101
5spd NA 15.2 @ 92
I feel your pain
Old 12-03-2002, 05:14 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

well as a few said.. Your OK.. the car CAN be replaced.. just be VERY happy that you had uninsured motorist insurance.

But very sorry to hear
Old 12-03-2002, 05:23 PM

. glad to hear ur ok... good luck with the insurance stuff..
Old 12-03-2002, 05:34 PM

Matt, sorry to hear. I hate stupid careless drivers. More than a few times I almost got hit by them, I'm lucky that none of them have hit me yet.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:36 PM

Old 12-03-2002, 05:39 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

sorry man

that is terrible

that guy deserves an *** whooping for driving without insurance

Quick Reply: RIP, mtrai760's 97 maxima... :(