General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

stupid UPS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 11:49 AM

Originally posted by Cumalot
Nauman: I'm going to try to find some boxes tomorrow. Yeah, I think it have to be delayed until next week.

Ant: You have to pay me first!
$$ goes out friday morning at 10am

Ant
Old 12-04-2002, 12:13 PM

Re: stupid UPS!!!

I sent them via UPS the same way you did, with the cardboard inserts, and they didn't give me any hassle..

UPS just returned the wheels that I sent out back to me today. They said the wheels can't go out the way that I pack them. I basically use the same materials how TireRack shipped to me minus the plastic white straps, I used tape instead. They said I have to be put them in a box. Something about insurance liability. WTF! I don't get it, when I ordered the wheels, they came in the same way, no boxes or anything. Stupid UPS! So now I have to find boxes that fit them and then have them ship out again. I understand if you ship wheels only then yes you would need boxes for them. I think now if you try to ship tires only out, you might also need boxes for them. Stupid!
Old 12-04-2002, 12:15 PM

Yep

That's what I did too..

Originally posted by Newman
is this pretty much how you did it?

http://photos.imageevent.com/1max2nv...e/DCP01533.JPG
http://photos.imageevent.com/1max2nv...e/DCP01532.JPG

that is how Tony (1Max2NV)just shipped some rims. and that is how i had planned on shipping mine. i dont really want to have to buy boxes. just curious, is UPS making you re-pay any shipping charges?
Old 12-04-2002, 12:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Jeff92se
How about just cancelling the check, let ups know you did that and then just forget it?

Well didn't thought about that. Anyway, I called UPS up, explained everything then they directed to the Billings Dept. because only the Billing Dept handle refunds. So I had to explained to the Billings Dept. all over again. Then they told me that they will notify the local UPS office about it and have them call me about the refund. So later on, the local UPS office called me and told me that when everything is in the computer, they will send me a check for the refund. WTH? They could have told me to check with the local UPS office in the first place. What a mess!
Old 12-04-2002, 02:21 PM

Well didn't thought about that. Anyway, I called UPS up, explained everything then they directed to the Billings Dept. because only the Billing Dept handle refunds. So I had to explained to the Billings Dept. all over again. Then they told me that they will notify the local UPS office about it and have them call me about the refund. So later on, the local UPS office called me and told me that when everything is in the computer, they will send me a check for the refund. WTH? They could have told me to check with the local UPS office in the first place. What a mess!
I don't wat to get into it about my dealings with UPS but I say just do what Jeff recommended and be done with them forever.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:27 AM

Wow, Fed-Ex is great and so easy. I opened up a Fed-Ex account, dropped the wheels off at one of their drop off center, filled out some papers and that was it! The wheels are on their way to you Nauman finally!
Old 12-10-2002, 09:30 AM

Hehe, was it UPS, or UPoS?

I've had bad experiences with UPS as well. That's why it is very important to get the tracking number for packages as soon as they are shipped. If you call their customer service (after waiting 45 minutes on hold), they can usually verify the delivery address and make sure it gets to you on the day they commit to.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:08 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Wow, Fed-Ex is great and so easy. I opened up a Fed-Ex account, dropped the wheels off at one of their drop off center, filled out some papers and that was it! The wheels are on their way to you Nauman finally!
is the shipping cheaper than at UPS?
Old 12-10-2002, 10:12 AM

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa

is the shipping cheaper than at UPS?

I'm not sure, I told them to bill it to my account. Probably was a similar price.