General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

stupid UPS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 12:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

stupid UPS!!!

UPS just returned the wheels that I sent out back to me today. They said the wheels can't go out the way that I pack them. I basically use the same materials how TireRack shipped to me minus the plastic white straps, I used tape instead. They said I have to be put them in a box. Something about insurance liability. WTF! I don't get it, when I ordered the wheels, they came in the same way, no boxes or anything. Stupid UPS! So now I have to find boxes that fit them and then have them ship out again. I understand if you ship wheels only then yes you would need boxes for them. I think now if you try to ship tires only out, you might also need boxes for them. Stupid!
Old 12-03-2002, 12:40 PM
I'm needing a caw

I just got some wheels shipped to me via FEd-Ex. Just used round cardboard pieces to protect the wheel faces/backsides. No problem and it was cheaper. So try fed-ex. From ATL to Seattle it was about $117 total.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:44 PM
JET Speed Lab

Originally posted by Jeff92se
I just got some wheels shipped to me via FEd-Ex. Just used round cardboard pieces to protect the wheel faces/backsides. No problem and it was cheaper. So try fed-ex. From ATL to Seattle it was about $117 total.
i've never had a problem with fed-ex, they ship really fast
Old 12-03-2002, 12:46 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se

Yeah, that's why I did. Did you use tape to hold them in place? I couldn't find any place that have the same white straps that TireRack had on them when they shipped to me.

Don't you have to have a Fed-Ex account to use their service. I don't ship enough stuff out every month though.

Nauman, I'm very sorry for this. Have to delay the shipment of the wheels.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:49 PM
I'm needing a caw

Actually Craig B shipped them. But he just used normal packing tape. A better tape would be strapping tape. It's the 1/2 wide tape w/ white strands of fiber. Duct tape would also be a very good choice(actually better) as it's very durable.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:04 PM

Re: stupid UPS!!!

Originally posted by Cumalot
UPS just returned the wheels that I sent out back to me today. They said the wheels can't go out the way that I pack them. I basically use the same materials how TireRack shipped to me minus the plastic white straps, I used tape instead. They said I have to be put them in a box. Something about insurance liability. WTF! I don't get it, when I ordered the wheels, they came in the same way, no boxes or anything. Stupid UPS! So now I have to find boxes that fit them and then have them ship out again. I understand if you ship wheels only then yes you would need boxes for them. I think now if you try to ship tires only out, you might also need boxes for them. Stupid!
I know why they do it.... because they could roll off the belts and fall on someone or some crap.. But I agree, either everyone can't do it or everyone can do it.. They really need to choose...
Also.. it all depends where you shipped it... Some UPS places happen to more **** then others...
Old 12-03-2002, 02:35 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I just got some dunlops from Tire rack and they came tied together with a zip tie...no box
Old 12-03-2002, 02:48 PM

is this pretty much how you did it?

http://photos.imageevent.com/1max2nv...e/DCP01533.JPG
http://photos.imageevent.com/1max2nv...e/DCP01532.JPG

that is how Tony (1Max2NV)just shipped some rims. and that is how i had planned on shipping mine. i dont really want to have to buy boxes. just curious, is UPS making you re-pay any shipping charges?
Old 12-03-2002, 03:06 PM

My favorite part of UPS is how they routinly deliver the boxes to my neighbors house. He is house number 35 and I am 48. Not close at all as far as the numbers go but they always drop the boxes off over there then he brings them over my house.

SuDZ
Old 12-03-2002, 03:21 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Hmm..i just dropped mine off at UPS two days ago. They better not come back
Old 12-03-2002, 03:55 PM

Looks like they are not coming back They are in OH already.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:31 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

I was told the exact same thing by UPS when I tried to ship my wheels and tires.

I had to box them up.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:03 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

yup, me too. Once I sent a wheel to Chris91se and I went through staples to ship it via UPS, what a mistake, I had to repack the damn thing twice because Staples said it was fine but when the ups guy came to pick them up at staples he said it was no good, so I had to go back up to staples get the rim then repack it and drop it off, next day same thing, I ended putting it in like two boxes and wraping it with a towel so it "didnt bounce around to much"
Old 12-03-2002, 05:09 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

That sucks man
Old 12-03-2002, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by Newman
is this pretty much how you did it?

http://photos.imageevent.com/1max2nv...e/DCP01533.JPG
http://photos.imageevent.com/1max2nv...e/DCP01532.JPG

that is how Tony (1Max2NV)just shipped some rims. and that is how i had planned on shipping mine. i dont really want to have to buy boxes. just curious, is UPS making you re-pay any shipping charges?

Yup, that's how I packed them up. The driver told me that I shouldn't have to repay the shipping again. Since I already paid, he told me to call UPS main office up and tell them about the situation. Once I put them in a box, I just have to schedule another pickup. I won't be surprise if they do tack in more shipping because of the boxes. This sucks...last time I'm going to ship wheels out.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:38 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

yes UPS is suck...

I sent out a front lip a day or so b4 Thanksgiving. It arrived it TX on the 29th and hasn't moved yet...
Old 12-03-2002, 05:44 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally posted by MaxWolf
I just got some dunlops from Tire rack and they came tied together with a zip tie...no box

oh yeah
UPS said that if it was just tires alone that i was shipping, I could get away with just tying them together but the wheels make a difference and they need to be boxed? wtf
Old 12-03-2002, 06:05 PM
Got Bent?

Mike,

It's cool man... sorry you had so much trouble with UPS ... Whenever you get them shipped out once again, just let me know. I'll probably get them early next week so it's all good.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:15 PM

Mike,

i hope when you send out my new wing you use a box and not just package wrap and tape

j/k, i have full faith in you, just not in UPS haha.

Ant
Old 12-03-2002, 08:25 PM

Nauman: I'm going to try to find some boxes tomorrow. Yeah, I think it have to be delayed until next week.

Ant: You have to pay me first!
Old 12-03-2002, 08:43 PM

I had wheels and tires sent to me via UPS and they shipped just like in those pictures - no box, just cardboard covering the wheel. However, UPS told me they didn't ship to my University box so I had to go pick them up. Funny considering they've shipped to my University box before. They need to get their act together and come up with some uniform standards.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:47 PM

Originally posted by Wasim521
I had wheels and tires sent to me via UPS and they shipped just like in those pictures - no box, just cardboard covering the wheel. However, UPS told me they didn't ship to my University box so I had to go pick them up. Funny considering they've shipped to my University box before. They need to get their act together and come up with some uniform standards.

Yeah, they need to get their act straight. Even the UPS guy that picked up the wheels and later returned them to me didn't like it. I know him pretty well since he delievered most of the stuff that I ordered. They need to make up their mind on a uniform standard for all UPS offices.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:34 PM
STFU n00b!

unfortunately, things like this happen.. we get wheels all the time that don't even have cardboard over them.. someone just slaps a shipping label on the inside of the rim and away it goes.
Then people like you have to get screwed by the people at the customer counter who don't like it like that.

Tell them next time that you'll pay the extra $5 charge and have them ship it as an irregular package. they can't say sh** then, because at that point, they'll take just about anything under 140 inches length+ girth.
then again... Last week some **** was dumb enough to try to ship a SNAKE through UPS.. and it was supposed to snow later that week. yeaaahhh, smart.. assuming the thing didn't get crushed, would have frozen to death before it got there.
(and no, we're NOT allowed to ship live animals)

If the customer counter tries to give you crap about the rims being shipped that way again, then tell them to walk through the hub and look at all the tires sitting on the dock from tire rack and discount tire that are packaged EXACTLY the same way.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:54 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

I have shipped wheels with UPS exactly how you tried to. They never even gave it a second thought. Although I wraped them in shrink wrap also, maybe that made a difference.
When I got my wheels from Tire Rack they were neatly packed in boxes.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:10 PM
RBa

UPS = U People Suck!!!
Old 12-04-2002, 12:27 AM

i dont understand why people use UPS so much when fedex is both faster and cheaper
Old 12-04-2002, 03:27 AM
Got Bent?

Nauman: I'm going to try to find some boxes tomorrow. Yeah, I think it have to be delayed until next week.

Old 12-04-2002, 05:01 AM

Yeah, that's why I did. Did you use tape to hold them in place? I couldn't find any place that have the same white straps that TireRack had on them when they shipped to me.

Don't you have to have a Fed-Ex account to use their service. I don't ship enough stuff out every month though.

Nauman, I'm very sorry for this. Have to delay the shipment of the wheels.
You can go to fedex but you will need a credit card to open an account.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:22 AM

Originally posted by Chris91SE
yes UPS is suck...

I sent out a front lip a day or so b4 Thanksgiving. It arrived it TX on the 29th and hasn't moved yet...
It didn't move all day yesterday either. I've got a basketball tournament in Houston that I'me leaving for on Thursday, so if it comes then, I'm just gonna leave a note on the door to take it to the neighbors or something. I mean, the package is like 1.5 hours from me, yet it's not moving? I might call today after school
Old 12-04-2002, 07:24 AM

Matt is right. I always pay the extra $5 "Additional Handling" charge for shipping wheels. I print my own labels via myups.com. I just go behind the counter at UPS and put the package on the con. belt myself. I don't have to wait in line or deal with the customer counter people.

Originally posted by Matt93SE

Tell them next time that you'll pay the extra $5 charge and have them ship it as an irregular package. they can't say sh** then, because at that point, they'll take just about anything under 140 inches length+ girth.
then again... Last week some **** was dumb enough to try to ship a SNAKE through UPS.. and it was supposed to snow later that week. yeaaahhh, smart.. assuming the thing didn't get crushed, would have frozen to death before it got there.
(and no, we're NOT allowed to ship live animals)

If the customer counter tries to give you crap about the rims being shipped that way again, then tell them to walk through the hub and look at all the tires sitting on the dock from tire rack and discount tire that are packaged EXACTLY the same way.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:30 AM

MyUPS.com was better than Fedex's version about 6 months ago. Before you had to have special printer to print Fedex labels. Anyway, MyFedex.com is much better now. It's just like the MyUPS.com where you can print your own label on an inkjet printer or laser printer.

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
i dont understand why people use UPS so much when fedex is both faster and cheaper
Old 12-04-2002, 07:45 AM
www.autotalk.com

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
MyUPS.com was better than Fedex's version about 6 months ago. Before you had to have special printer to print Fedex labels. Anyway, MyFedex.com is much better now. It's just like the MyUPS.com where you can print your own label on an inkjet printer or laser printer.

I always avoid UPS.. FEDEX rocks!
Old 12-04-2002, 10:04 AM

I couldn't find any boxes that fit the wheels/tires. Look like I'm going to have to go with Fed-Ex instead. Just have to open up an account first, no biggie. Last time I'm using UPS!

Nauman, want to drive down to Louisiana and pick the wheels up? I'll treat you to a place down in Bourbon Street where I'm a...ahem...regular.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:09 AM
Got Bent?

Nauman, want to drive down to Louisiana and pick the wheels up? I'll treat you to a place down in Bourbon Street where I'm a...ahem...regular.

hehehe... I wish I could. I got tons of vacation saved up, but got too much work to do so I can't take any

hopefully, fed-ex works out better
Old 12-04-2002, 10:13 AM

Just wanted to add that UPS sucks. Use FEDEX.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:16 AM

I like USPS most of all. They ar echeapest and seem to work out well.

I had good experiences with greyhound as well for shipping larger items.

SuDZ
Old 12-04-2002, 10:47 AM

I checked my receipts and UPS already included the additional $5 handling fee. Yet even with that, they can't ship the wheels out. I just called UPS and requested a refund. What I don't get is why can't the driver simply give the check back to me? That would be much easier than going through all of this for a refund.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:53 AM
I'm needing a caw

How about just cancelling the check, let ups know you did that and then just forget it?

I checked my receipts and UPS already included the additional $5 handling fee. Yet even with that, they can't ship the wheels out. I just called UPS and requested a refund. What I don't get is why can't the driver simply give the check back to me? That would be much easier than going through all of this for a refund.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:23 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

When I have shipped Fed Ex ground, I just got on fedex.com and sound the closest shippign center and just went there...no problems. It was a pain to fill out the forms there, but I got it done. I shipped dozenns of wheels, rims, and tires from there, all for cheaper than UPS. I use UPS now because my work has it, and it is cheaper than fed ex.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
Hmm..i just dropped mine off at UPS two days ago. They better not come back
Those are not your volks, are they?

Quick Reply: stupid UPS!!!