General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Nissan Paint price?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 04:00 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Nissan Paint price?

Hi, I'm wondering what the regular price would be for Nissan factory paint from the dealer or somewhere else if possible.

Specific color is Majestic Blue... thinking about painting my 97 in this color..

Any ideas of price?
Old 12-15-2002, 06:41 AM
I need a truck

Re: Nissan Paint price?

Originally posted by max002
Hi, I'm wondering what the regular price would be for Nissan factory paint from the dealer or somewhere else if possible.

Specific color is Majestic Blue... thinking about painting my 97 in this color..

Any ideas of price?
1 to 2000 for a good job
Old 12-15-2002, 07:14 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

are you looking to do it yourself? if so most autoparts stores (good ones not pepboys) can mix it themselves with Sherwin Williams paint. I do this at work and the quality of the paint is fabulous. but 1 gallon would be close to $250 maybe a bit more. which is not bad considering some of the colors are 167 for a pint.
Old 12-15-2002, 07:17 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Dealers don't paint cars!!! They contract them out to local shops.
Dealers don't have painting facilities. A spray booth costs upwards near 30 grand. Dealers can't afford overhead like that. There in business to sell and service cars. They leave accident work to the local shops. We own a body shop and have several contracts with local dealers in our area. One of which is a Nissan dealership!

Your going to wind up paying the middle man (dealer) markup if you go via the dealer. Find a good body shop in your area. Ask them for references. And don't be fooled by "factory paint", there's no such thing. It's all made by Sherwin Williams, Standox, PCP, ect.. Nissan doesn't produce the paint thats on their cars either.

If your looking for some really good paint work, talk to local body shops and ask what they recommend. There are some awsome products you can paint with. Be prepaired to spend for $$$ for great paint work.
Old 12-15-2002, 11:39 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
Dealers don't paint cars!!! They contract them out to local shops.
Dealers don't have painting facilities. A spray booth costs upwards near 30 grand. Dealers can't afford overhead like that. There in business to sell and service cars. They leave accident work to the local shops. We own a body shop and have several contracts with local dealers in our area. One of which is a Nissan dealership!

Your going to wind up paying the middle man (dealer) markup if you go via the dealer. Find a good body shop in your area. Ask them for references. And don't be fooled by "factory paint", there's no such thing. It's all made by Sherwin Williams, Standox, PCP, ect.. Nissan doesn't produce the paint thats on their cars either.

If your looking for some really good paint work, talk to local body shops and ask what they recommend. There are some awsome products you can paint with. Be prepaired to spend for $$$ for great paint work.
1) i mentioned nothing about having Nissan paint my car..
2) i asked about nissan paint because they seem to have a paint code and i wanted to make sure the color was as close as possible
3) thanks for the Sherwin Williams advice..it seems to be what everyone is most happy with.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:49 PM

Does anyone know how much it would coast to touch up the spoiler.... my paint all over the car is in really good shape...its just my spoiler is starting to get fade spots
Old 12-15-2002, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE
Does anyone know how much it would coast to touch up the spoiler.... my paint all over the car is in really good shape...its just my spoiler is starting to get fade spots
to have it repainted shouldnt cost more than 100 bucks
Old 12-15-2002, 01:56 PM

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe

to have it repainted shouldnt cost more than 100 bucks
Thanks man, yeah I dident think it would be that much eather, its just my main worry is... Ive had the car for a while and I know the paint has to be a little faded, its 6 years old.... do you think they would be able to match it? Or is it going to be off?

-Chris
Old 12-15-2002, 02:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thanks man, yeah I dident think it would be that much eather, its just my main worry is... Ive had the car for a while and I know the paint has to be a little faded, its 6 years old.... do you think they would be able to match it? Or is it going to be off?

-Chris
On a pearl white '95, it's going to be off. Your color is very hard to match. But on a spoiler it will bearly be visible since it does not sit smooth with the rest of the car like say a door would. And like emerald said, it shouldn't be more than $100.
-Cyrus
Old 12-15-2002, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by Vyrus
On a pearl white '95, it's going to be off. Your color is very hard to match. But on a spoiler it will bearly be visible since it does not sit smooth with the rest of the car like say a door would. And like emerald said, it shouldn't be more than $100.
-Cyrus
I don't have a white car, mine is Champaign gold
Old 12-15-2002, 02:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I don't have a white car, mine is Champaign gold
Whoops my bad, I guess I thought your sig was the one with the rear 3/4 white car and rim in it but I guess not... another instance where it would help if the Mods turned the SIGS ON (or if I had bothered to look in your profile )...
...Anways they should be able to match that color, it's not a pearl so you shouldn't worry.
-Cyrus
Old 12-15-2002, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by Vyrus

Whoops my bad, I guess I thought your sig was the one with the rear 3/4 white car and rim in it but I guess not... another instance where it would help if the Mods turned the SIGS ON (or if I had bothered to look in your profile )...
...Anways they should be able to match that color, it's not a pearl so you shouldn't worry.
-Cyrus
your right about sign, this was my sign

My Old Sign

but the car is defently gold

Thanks for your help