General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in seeing this site built?
Yes, it sounds interesting.
66.67%
No, i'm not paying for anything!!!
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Gauging Interest, New website to show off your car. (long)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 04:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Gauging Interest, New website to show off your car. (long)

I've had an idea that I’ve been throwing around for awhile. In my opinion EVERY tuner wants a website that they can customize and show off there car on. Cardomain lets you do that somewhat but i think its horribly ugly and i know they don't let you do much but upload pics. Enter My Idea...

I'm a web designer myself, and i was wondering how many people would be interested in a site where you could not only upload pics too, but also customize a page that really reflects your car. There would be 3 different services One would be approx. $12.50 dollars a year, and would allow you to make your own custom web page about your car yourself. You can do it however you want totally it'll be totally up to you, and depending on space there may be video hosting for an addition price (very minimal). The Second would be a custom page designed by my firm that would include a custom logo made with your car pics (and based either on your input or totally designed by my firm.) Cost for this service would only be $20 a year. Third option would all you to have a 3-5 page site either designed by yourself or my firm. It would include up to 1 minute of video (if you want) and would cost approx. $35 a year.

This site would be Very fast loading, and would allow you to change your page at least once a week if you like. I'm still working out details but i want to see if there’s even a market for it. It would be just maxima's I’ll host ANY cars there, but of course maxima.org member will receive a small discount. (AND ONLY YOU GUYS). Since this is still in the idea phase i'll also be looking for any input, or idea's you guys may have. So feel free to post them here.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:56 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Gauging Interest, New website to show off your car. (long)

Do you have some websites that could show off your talents as of this far? We have a lot of people on this board claiming to be good at things concerning web and design and they in actuality suck.

If you wouldn't mind showing some of your skills of I'd like to see what you have to offer, and I am sure as would other people.

Jason
Old 01-02-2003, 05:32 PM

Until recently i worked for a web design firm, and they have the license to all my work (well most). What i can do as soon as i get my new digicam, is make one of my car (planning to do that anyways) so that'll be about a week or 2. Also my business site should be up within the next week or so, and that will showcase alot of my talent.
Old 01-02-2003, 05:34 PM
Master Will

yes I would pay as long as it's reliable.....
Old 01-02-2003, 06:07 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

sounds interesting
Old 01-02-2003, 11:56 PM
Ludicrous Speed

hmm under $13 a year... that's about 2.5 less hamburger specials for me a year.. NO WAY!

j/k

I'm up for it if there are no banners, popups, etc... I'm not sure about that idea of only updating the page one a week. Why can't it be like yahoo/geocities where you just make up your own index.html and upload it whenever you'd like. I take it the basic page is going to be completely blank correct?

What does everyone think about predesigned layouts that you can also choose from. Would this be good for Tony's service? I think that's why cardomain has that format, to keep the site in some way uniformed.

I'll think of more stuff along the way.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:48 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Gauging Interest, New website to show off your car. (long)

Originally posted by thebigsadler
We have a lot of people on this board claiming to be good at things concerning web and design and they in actuality suck.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:20 PM

The Changing once a week would only apply to people who are paying us to make there site, if your making your own layout you can upload all you want. The whole idea is to eliminate pop-up's and banner totally so that wouldn't be an issue, absolutely no advertisements on the pages, thats why it cost what it does. I'm still working out the details as we speak but i'll have some updates on where its going over the next 2 weeks, It seems as though i've got enough interest to get it started, so i expect it'll actually be up and running by mid feb. And unlike custommaxima.com i actually mean mid feb. ... j/k (Sorry for that crack on Custommaxima.com i just had to say it).
Old 01-03-2003, 08:43 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Gauging Interest, New website to show off your car. (long)

Originally posted by SprintMax

lemming