General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Dammit, hit again...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 07:38 PM
nc00max

Dammit, hit again...

****!

I still can't believe this. So tonight as dinner nears and I'm sitting on my *** at home eagerly awaiting having to go to work tomorrow, I get a hankering for some Taco Bell. NP, in my PJ's, I hop in the car, go down to Woodinville, get my food, and head home. Well, as I'm preparing to make the right hand turn onto the road that will shortly take me to 522, I see this Expedition off to the left. Big deal, right? I'm about 30 feet from the light (it's red), coasting up in the right hand, turn-only lane, when she decides at the last minute she needs to turn too. At this point I'm right next to her and all I see is this giant vehicle careen towards me. No chance to honk, no chance to stop since I'm already almost stopped. BAM! She nails my left front taking out my mirror and putting several nice, deep scratches and minor dents from my door all the way to the front bumper. Jesus Christ, I haven't even had a chance to take it to the body shop from the last ****ing time someone hit me! The only consolation was seeing that her *******ed Expedition was MUCH worse off than my car. At least the Max holds up well to being hammered by 5000lb SUV's...

No offense to anyone here, but what ****ing cereal box does Washington state hide the driver's licenses in? I was in one accident my entire life before I moved up here, when some blind old woman hit and totalled my Jeep in a bank parking lot as I was strolling up to the ATM. My car's been hit 4 times in less than 4 months here, not once my fault. Backed into on a friggin offramp. She knew the cop that came. Backed into at the airport while parked. That guy/girl ran. Rear-ended on I-5 during normal stop & go traffic by someone changing CD's. That guy couldn't speak English, but at least his insurance ponied up. Now this. She looked well-enough off, so hopefully the fix will go smoothly. Sorry, had to vent somewhere, but damned if this **** isn't getting kinda old.

Old 01-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear about the accident(s) John, it seems like people don't see you well enough (HIDs?). You should transfer back down to Va, you won't have any problems like that over here. I hope this time everything is repaired perfectly and your Max is as good as new. It doesn't seem like any serious structural damage, so you should be okay right?
-Cyrus
Old 01-11-2003, 08:08 PM

Its one thing when you mod your car, its another thing when you have to keep fixin' ish cause of other retarded drivers. Hope the fix goes well and at least your ok.
P.S. - I know what big trucks can do - RIP 95 SE.
-Arnaud
Old 01-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Got Bent?

sorry to hear that, John

How you like the left coast compared to the east?
Old 01-11-2003, 08:37 PM

Sorry to hear that man, hope things go well after this...
Old 01-11-2003, 08:48 PM
Sports Button FTW

sorry to hear that...atleast a expedition hurt you....i feel all small knowing a small a$$ altima, my dam cousin to my maxima totaled my car...how a small car like that gonna rock me?!
Old 01-11-2003, 09:59 PM

You think you've been hit by big? I've hit a semi, and it was my fault. Boy, it was great going to school and having to explain what happened there
Old 01-12-2003, 05:07 PM

John, hell man, I sorry that you got popped again, Washington State is not a good place to drive in (no offense to the guys here, I know you can drive well). It does seems people get their licenses through gumball machines.

But, as always John, I have to say this, so don't hate me for it:

and the little 86 keeps going, and going , and going,................
Old 01-12-2003, 05:14 PM

Just a guess.............

I think that the reason I haven't got hit yet IS because it is an 86 model and people may think that it doesn't have insurance and stay away from it......

full coverage, baby. full coverage.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:13 PM
nc00max

Hehe, I think it's because everyone's afraid to drive in Tacoma. Getting carjacked would be a *****...

Well, I took it by today, and got all the estimates and crap done. I take it in tomorrow to get it fixed, and it should be good as new (minus ****ty Nissan painted surfaces) Sat. morning.

Hopefully this will be the last ****ing time...