General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Design Your Own Body Kit Contest!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 01:32 PM

i drew something..
i'll scan it tuesday.
Old 01-19-2003, 03:47 PM

I guess I'll stop
Old 01-19-2003, 09:53 PM
living out of a maxima...

Old 01-19-2003, 10:34 PM

super loon !
Old 01-19-2003, 11:04 PM

Re: Got one more finished up

Originally posted by superloon
This one is probably the mildest version. This one has a lip that could be detachable, depending on what kind of ground-effects you're lookin for.

Click here for larger version

theLoon
This has my vote so far...but, some changes:

--Add some turn signals
--Side Skirts need some trimming at the ends (a la Stillen)
--Rear? how's it look?

BUT so far, that front end is PHAT!

FLO_BOY
Old 01-20-2003, 04:35 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Okay, last one!

Not sure if this thread is dying or not, since Greg hasn't popped in for a while, but I thought I'd do one more in response to some suggestions/requests. The stock clear corners make this front end look a bit chunky, so I went with a thin strip for side markers. Anyways, hopefully this 'org-designed' body kit idea actually goes somewhere...

theLoon
Old 01-20-2003, 04:38 PM

Re: Okay, last one!

Not sure if this thread is dying or not, since Greg hasn't popped in for a while, but I thought I'd do one more in response to some suggestions/requests. The stock clear corners make this front end look a bit chunky, so I went with a thin strip for side markers. Anyways, hopefully this 'org-designed' body kit idea actually goes somewhere...

theLoon
THere it is. MAKE THAT ONE FOR THE 5TH GEN.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

damn superloon, you got my vote. I love that front end. I *really* love the thin strip indicators. I was actually thinking about making eyebrow type strips to make my side markers and turn signals look thinner. But in any event, I love this last revision. I'll take it!
Old 01-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

theLoon
Can I get one without the fog lights, also, one without the Maxima embedded lettering and enlarge the IC intake box thingy. Looks amazing!
Old 01-20-2003, 05:54 PM

theLoon
Excellent work!! I'll trade in my 5th gen for that one
Old 01-20-2003, 06:29 PM

Superloon design sare awsome, I would buy one of those for sho......
Old 01-20-2003, 08:07 PM

Re: Re: Okay, last one!

Originally posted by JSR20DET

Can I get one without the fog lights, also, one without the Maxima embedded lettering and enlarge the IC intake box thingy. Looks amazing!
Bah, keep the lettering and the fog holes, as long as the holes also support stock fogs (just in case). It's perfect
Old 01-20-2003, 08:12 PM
no more maxima...

my god i am mad red right now and that sh*t looks off the muthafuc*in hook....straight up and down that shieeet is nasty...i hope this shieeet goes into production...i wish i wasnt such a poor motherfu*ker so that i could get my 4th gen now

theLoon
Old 01-20-2003, 08:19 PM
no more maxima...

my god i am mad red right now and that sh*t looks off the muthafuc*in hook....straight up and down that shieeet is nasty...i hope this shieeet goes into production...i wish i wasnt such a poor motherfu*ker so that i could get my 4th gen now

theLoon
Old 01-20-2003, 08:40 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by kingrukus
osbornes?
Old 01-20-2003, 08:40 PM
aka UNCDooD

theLoon

when can I get one?!?!
Old 01-20-2003, 09:19 PM

theLoon
Wow!
Old 01-21-2003, 06:12 AM

Originally posted by looney662

Wow!

Good work superloon...

I'll take one...
Old 01-21-2003, 07:03 AM
living out of a maxima...

where do I order?
Old 01-21-2003, 09:15 AM

Originally posted by JeffesonM

where do I order?

looks great... i wanna see one with factory fogs on it... it would go along with the headlights a lil better.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:27 AM
Custommaxima.com

Sorry guys I have not responded in a while. This past weekend I blew up the engine in my 2002 V8 Toyota Tundra....put a TRD supercharger on it. Anyway, instead of posting all of the pictures on the top of the thread and killing the loading time, I will post linked thumbnails on a new page. Here is the link: www.CustomMaxima.com/BodyKitContest.php

We could use some more ideas for a rear bumper. Overall I am blown away by the photo shop skills I have seen so far. Our goal is to make one kit for each generation, but will not rule out the idea of more then one for each generation. The biggest problem is the cost of tooling to create each mold. We will definitely follow through with getting the winning kit produced and have the first Maxima.org created body kit. Respond to this thread with your votes and comments. Keep emailing your photos to Greg@CustomMaxima.com.

-Greg

Old 01-21-2003, 11:00 AM

Re: Design Your Own Body Kit Contest!!

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com

We guarantee each kit to be complete by mid spring.

-Greg, President
Custom Enterprise, LLC
CustomMaxima.com
CustomAltima.com
Old 01-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Granny Driven

Originally posted by Asian_N02
Hey Greg, I didn't design this kit...it's already been designed. People are asking for a "low pro" kit and I think this is the answer...

CLICK HERE

If I win it goes to me???
Now we talking????

And for 5th gens let maximaZero do the work. and make sure its not a huge BBQ type of kit!
Old 01-21-2003, 12:02 PM
Granny Driven

Originally posted by kingrukus
this kit is da BEST!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2003, 02:49 PM

Re: Re: Re: Okay, last one!

Originally posted by amixam98

osbornes?
Old 01-21-2003, 04:12 PM

theLoon
Can I get you to put that on a 5th gen, with the 5th gen sidemarkers.

THanks.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:41 PM
ATt

this is similiar to what some of the other guys posted

It looks good on the japanese maxima wagon looking car. Its straight from the factory, I didnt photoshop it.
Old 01-22-2003, 12:58 AM

[

theLoon [/B][/QUOTE]PLEASE someone try this on a 5th gen, preferable a 2002+, also, loon, do you have a back for this ??
Old 01-22-2003, 05:26 AM
Custommaxima.com

Time is running out, myself and my business partners are going to california on Friday to bring these designs to the manufacturers. So we need to come up with a decision by then. Please respond with a number of the kit you like the best.

-
Thanks
Greg

Old 01-22-2003, 05:38 AM

One vote for #3.

Will there be similar voting process for the rear?
Also, since it's a complete front bumper replacement, I'm assuming this will be 00-01 and 02-03 compatible?
Old 01-22-2003, 05:46 AM
SMX

Same here! Its just HOT!!

Originally posted by Y2KSESteve
I absolutely love this.

Old 01-22-2003, 05:56 AM

The only bad thing about this contest, is that if a design is indeed picked from one of these, that person screwed themselves out of a good bit of money, alot more than a free kit is worth.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by max'n out
The only bad thing about this contest, is that if a design is indeed picked from one of these, that person screwed themselves out of a good bit of money, alot more than a free kit is worth.
getting "something" for a simple design is better than nothing
Old 01-22-2003, 06:03 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax
getting "something" for a simple design is better than nothing
Still cheating yourself out of a good bit of money, even if the deal was for a certain amount upfront or even free kit now and a few percent of sales for 6 months...Anything. But really more than a free kit could be had.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:26 AM

Old 01-22-2003, 06:47 AM
Zog

THIS ONE ^
Old 01-22-2003, 08:50 AM

^^ look at how the kit looks not my sucky drawing
Old 01-22-2003, 10:36 AM
!OG SNES OG!

theLoon

THAT is friggin gorgeous! I'm sooooo in for one of those (can I get my Maxima in black and white too?)

Sweet work Loon!

Mike
Old 01-22-2003, 11:47 AM

yup yup

max'nout, I can see yer point, but like Sprint said, something is better than nothing I mean, if somebody was thinkin, hm, I'd like to design and produce a bodykit, where would they start? I'd guess with about 200 man-hours of legwork and glad-handing... which I'd be willing to bet that most folks aren't too good at that to begin with.

Aside from a few more business-minded members on the org, I think most of us are just enthusiasts that like to play around with the max. And trading a few days work to be able to say "I did that" is enough.

Plus, what if the winning design is one that only had a couple hours spent on it? Seems like it'd be worth it then...

And on a side note, not to take away from any of the other proposed designs, I gotta say that MaximaZero's designs are HOT! Nice work, man.

theLoon
Old 01-22-2003, 11:58 AM

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com
Sorry guys I have not responded in a while. This past weekend I blew up the engine in my 2002 V8 Toyota Tundra....put a TRD supercharger on it. Anyway, instead of posting all of the pictures on the top of the thread and killing the loading time, I will post linked thumbnails on a new page. Here is the link: www.CustomMaxima.com/BodyKitContest.php

We could use some more ideas for a rear bumper. Overall I am blown away by the photo shop skills I have seen so far. Our goal is to make one kit for each generation, but will not rule out the idea of more then one for each generation. The biggest problem is the cost of tooling to create each mold. We will definitely follow through with getting the winning kit produced and have the first Maxima.org created body kit. Respond to this thread with your votes and comments. Keep emailing your photos to Greg@CustomMaxima.com.

-Greg

Greg:

Dave in York. I was curious what your cost to prtotype would be? How would it be done without something exisitng to work off of?

I would be interested in your response to this?

Dave

Quick Reply: Design Your Own Body Kit Contest!!