General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Are they any EAST COAST Maxima Meet in the MIX???

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2000, 09:12 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I think we need one more before the winter...

Just a thought

Blade

aka Aaron L.
Old 09-11-2000, 09:25 AM

What state?? Didn't NY just have one this weekend? n/m

Old 09-11-2000, 09:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

There was just a meet at Autogear in NJ.
Old 09-11-2000, 02:51 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Darn in that's what I get for being a Luker.

maybe next year.
Old 09-11-2000, 03:20 PM

well - how about we meet

at english town once - like in october when its cool - that isnt too out of the way for anyone ....
Old 09-11-2000, 03:21 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: well - how about we meet

Originally posted by Stillnmax
at english town once - like in october when its cool - that isnt too out of the way for anyone ....

i am so down for that....anyone have the schedule for october....
Old 09-11-2000, 05:51 PM

schedule

saturday october 7th import survival series and sunday oct. 8th nira/toyo race/show. i will be at one of these.
Old 09-11-2000, 06:01 PM

Nuts to that. Lets go to Lime Rock. I call shotgun in Amax's ride Hehehe..
Old 09-11-2000, 06:17 PM

limerock

i think its 150$ per car to actually get some track time
Old 09-11-2000, 06:19 PM

Englishtown

i think it's about $45 to enter the track at englishtown, if i'm not mistaken. I ran about two years ago, so i don't remember. I do remember you need a helmet though.
Old 09-11-2000, 06:29 PM

hey if we can get something for the

7th or 8th together id be there !!!!
Old 09-11-2000, 08:30 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: hey if we can get something for the

7th or 8th together id be there !!!!

im down for the 7th...need to know soon though so i can take off of work...i play football for a league on sundays so that puts the 8th in the crapper (for me anyways..)...
Old 09-11-2000, 10:11 PM

MAXIMA MEETS

Please let me know when the next north east perfer NY area is going to be and if there is a listI need to be on for advanced warnings.

Old 09-12-2000, 05:57 AM

hey now

NJ isnt too far from LI considering id be rollin from Albany NY - but then again to each his own ? id love to have an upstate NY meet but the thing is most maximas are from the city ... no comments about the danbury disaster - and no it wasnt my fault - there were other things responsible....

to go to E town is probably a 4-5 hour ride for me from albany if i go the speed limit ... =/ just my .02 cents youll need it too for the winter cuz of the rising fuel prices.....
Old 09-12-2000, 06:11 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: hey now

NJ isnt too far from LI considering id be rollin from Albany NY - but then again to each his own ? id love to have an upstate NY meet but the thing is most maximas are from the city ... no comments about the danbury disaster - and no it wasnt my fault - there were other things responsible....

to go to E town is probably a 4-5 hour ride for me from albany if i go the speed limit ... =/ just my .02 cents youll need it too for the winter cuz of the rising fuel prices.....
don't even start that "wasn't my fault crap" again.
4-5 hrs?? pfft..since you never drive the speed limit that should be no prob..no?
Dan
Old 09-12-2000, 06:42 AM

Dan...

Do we need to keep beating Neel up? I am sure you have made mistakes in the past, as we all have. We have since had a really good meet, courtesy of yourself, and I think we can put the Danbury mess behind us. Neel did do wrong, no one, not even himself will argue that with you, but come on, this animosity on the board is not cool.

Just my $.02
Del
Old 09-12-2000, 06:50 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Dan...

Originally posted by delio
Do we need to keep beating Neel up? I am sure you have made mistakes in the past, as we all have. We have since had a really good meet, courtesy of yourself, and I think we can put the Danbury mess behind us. Neel did do wrong, no one, not even himself will argue that with you, but come on, this animosity on the board is not cool.

Just my $.02
Del
ok Del..i know we're all cool here and etc...but he himself said that IT WASN'T HIS FAULT

From Neel himself:... "no comments about the danbury disaster - and no it wasnt my fault - there were other things responsible.... "

if he admits that yes he did something wrong...then i would have no problems with it. i have nothing against the guy. but if he's still in denial about doing anything wrong..well that's something else. i mean there were many many witnesses there and not to break out the can of worms again..but he still thinks he did nothing wrong.
Del in your post u even said he did something wrong.
Dan
Old 09-12-2000, 07:28 AM

Next Meet @ Track

...Come on guys don't change the subject.

We should definitely meet at a track for our next meet. Limerock would be great, since it's road course but Englishtown would suffice.

It would be a great opportunity for us to walk the walk instead of talking the talk. (If that makes sense to you)

And try to consider the drive down to the meet as part of the experience. I personally enjoy the convoy method.
Old 09-12-2000, 07:40 AM

OK

Neel has admitted in other forums that it was partially his fault. And yes I do admit that he was in the wrong for doing what he did. Dan, I even warned him at 9 am that morning when he was blowing donuts originally that he was gonna get us thrown out. So the only reason I opened my mouth was to see the bickering end between you two. So if it will take Neel publicly admitting on this board that he was partially at fault (along with another Maxima driver, although the other one deserves alot of blame for arguing with the security guard and the cops) for the issues of that ill-fated day in Danbury, well then Neel suck it up and say it.

Del

Can't we all just get along?? LOL!
Old 09-12-2000, 07:41 AM

Hey Alfredo

I am down, I am making plans to be at E-Town w/ some buddies on the 7th. AND I WILL BE THERE THIS TIME!!

:-) Delio
Old 09-12-2000, 07:49 AM

OK the 7th it is.

I'm putting it on my calendar.
What other plans should we work on. Do we warn ETown we are coming? is there food there? Should we bring our coolers with food. Is there going to be a host? BBQ? details, details...

Delio, I'm looking forward to meeting you and your ride.
Old 09-12-2000, 08:06 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: OK

Neel has admitted in other forums that it was partially his fault. And yes I do admit that he was in the wrong for doing what he did. Dan, I even warned him at 9 am that morning when he was blowing donuts originally that he was gonna get us thrown out. So the only reason I opened my mouth was to see the bickering end between you two. So if it will take Neel publicly admitting on this board that he was partially at fault (along with another Maxima driver, although the other one deserves alot of blame for arguing with the security guard and the cops) for the issues of that ill-fated day in Danbury, well then Neel suck it up and say it.

Del

Can't we all just get along?? LOL!
no need for that. as long as he doesn't say that it wasn't him we'll be cool.
ok back to the topic....
Dan
Old 09-12-2000, 08:59 AM

Re: Hey Alfredo

I am down, I am making plans to be at E-Town w/ some buddies on the 7th. AND I WILL BE THERE THIS TIME!!

:-) Delio
An upstate meet would be cool. E-town would be closer for me but I don't care much about running at the track. At least not until I get me some L10. I have as much fun just giving guys rides in my car, just like Disneyland (you must be this tall...).

Jim
Old 09-12-2000, 09:46 AM

i'm down

i'm only 30 min from englishtown
i'll prolly be there on the 7th or 8th anyways

if we could get a meet that'd be great

and stillnmax... driving the speed limit.. yeah sure

and i think it's $20 to get into a show an E-town
but if u guys wanna meet on a friday when theres no show it'd be $20 and that includes 3 runs

plus if we meet on a friday there wouldn't be 2.8 billion rice machines there like there is for import shows

either way keep me posted...

Ant
Old 09-12-2000, 10:12 AM

Re: i'm down

Originally posted by Ant95se
i'm only 30 min from englishtown
i'll prolly be there on the 7th or 8th anyways

if we could get a meet that'd be great

and stillnmax... driving the speed limit.. yeah sure

and i think it's $20 to get into a show an E-town
but if u guys wanna meet on a friday when theres no show it'd be $20 and that includes 3 runs

plus if we meet on a friday there wouldn't be 2.8 billion rice machines there like there is for import shows

either way keep me posted...

Ant

I like Ant's idea, but i think he means Friday night, right? Either way, i'll be down on fri night, saturday or sunday
Old 09-12-2000, 10:15 AM

Repeat

limerock would be ideal for our Max. Max are horrible drag cars. In limerock we would get a chace to test our entire set up.

If anybody would like to go to limerock I'm down. I would like to have my Y pipe before then but is not critical.

Anyway, anywhere I'l be there.
Old 09-12-2000, 10:25 AM

im down for whatever

ill go to either or as long as its a weekend
once again - i was responsible for some of it BUT not all of it..... cmon i should get at least a second chance =P
Old 09-12-2000, 10:30 AM

I am down for whatever

E-Town, LimeRock etc... I know for a fact I will be there the 7th, if only for the Rice fest... LOL. But if everyone wants to go the friday previous then I will make a weekend of it and maybe rent a room. I want to meet more of the NE guys before we all lock ourselves up for the winter. And I would like to catch up with the ones I have already met. So lets set something definitive and lets do it. I am not too keen on running either because other than suspension I am stock... No performance mods till I have the SC on order, and that will not be till the end of the winter/ early spring.

Schedule it and they will come...
Del
Old 09-12-2000, 10:59 AM

okay

well i checked the E-town Schedule and Friday october 6 is just a regular day

From E-town:
Oct. 6
Street Night - all muffled vehicles welcome. Plus - T/ST Finals + MS Finals + $20 Gamblers..

From E-town:
Oct. 7
Muffled Time Trials + Import Survival Series IV + Feature Match Races. Gates Open 1:00 pm, Eliminations
7:00 pm.

From E-town:
Oct. 8
2nd Annual NIRA / TOYO TIRES IMPORT FALL NATIONALS. Heads Up & Bracket Style Drag Racing.
Import & Low Rider Car, Truck & Bicycle Show + Big Name Imports. Gates open 8:00 pm, Eliminations 1:30
pm. 1/8 Mile Open.

So Sat and sunday there will be shows there and tons of people and i think on a show day its $25 to get a pit pass and $20 more to race ...
Hey delio my car is stock too..
its all in good fun .. i mean i basically drag race out of every toll on the NJ GSP so it no big deal .. he he

well either way i'm new around here so i'm not setting any date just providing info... i'll be there either way
if u need any more info let me know...

Ant
Old 09-12-2000, 10:59 AM

Rice Fest???

There's an event on that day? where's the link for ETown?
Old 09-12-2000, 11:06 AM

Re: Rice Fest???

Originally posted by NJ95gxe
There's an event on that day? where's the link for ETown?

Here ya go...

http://www.etownraceway.com/

look it over and someone set a date.....
hell i'll go all three days....

Ant
Old 09-12-2000, 01:23 PM
the_1

NE max owners

Hey whats up. I've been absent from this forum for awhile. Anyway, my roomate and I are both max owners (not diehard) but love our cars. We got to school at Rochester Institute of Technology and are both from Fairfield County CT. Where is Englishtown? We might be interested in going if it isnt to far. We are close to Watkins Glen. Would this be a possibility? Lets us know. Thanks.

Chirs+George

Old 09-12-2000, 03:35 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

im down for a fri night/ saturday event...lets stop talking about it and make a decision so people can schedule off work if they need too....
Old 09-12-2000, 03:36 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: NE max owners

Originally posted by the_1
Hey whats up. I've been absent from this forum for awhile. Anyway, my roomate and I are both max owners (not diehard) but love our cars. We got to school at Rochester Institute of Technology and are both from Fairfield County CT. Where is Englishtown? We might be interested in going if it isnt to far. We are close to Watkins Glen. Would this be a possibility? Lets us know. Thanks.

Chirs+George

Englishtown is in NJ.... ive never been to connecticut so i dunno where watkins glen is....
Old 09-12-2000, 05:37 PM

Re: NE max owners

Originally posted by the_1

Chirs+George
Very cool - you guys shoulda said someting in the summer ... im close to sharon CT - thats close enough to fairfield ... =P ... right now im in Albany at school
edited - chris Watkins Glenn is in Upstate NY

[Edited by Stillnmax on 09-12-2000 at 07:53 PM]
Old 09-12-2000, 08:47 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: Re: NE max owners

Very cool - you guys shoulda said someting in the summer ... im close to sharon CT - thats close enough to fairfield ... =P ... right now im in Albany at school
edited - chris Watkins Glenn is in Upstate NY

[Edited by Stillnmax on 09-12-2000 at 07:53 PM] [/I]

i learn something new everyday .....what is it that's in saratoga springs....i saw a couple race tracks and is it a hall of fame that's there?
Old 09-13-2000, 05:36 AM

Re: Re: Re: NE max owners

baseball hall of fame and horse race track you mean ?? =P gambling is fun until you lose
Old 09-13-2000, 11:21 AM

umm the meet

HELLO ?

has anyone decided what is the best day to meet at englishtown?

Ant
Old 09-13-2000, 03:50 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: umm the meet

Originally posted by Ant95se
HELLO ?

has anyone decided what is the best day to meet at englishtown?

Ant
f-it...im goin to go friday night and saturday....see whoever goes there.........whos with me then?
Old 09-13-2000, 06:21 PM

Chris91SE ill be there maybe friday and Definately saturday look for a black 00 maxkonig rims. look for me: sideways hat pants hangin low thats me hope to see you there.
P.S. the names Jay

Quick Reply: Are they any EAST COAST Maxima Meet in the MIX???