General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Maxima coming off Lease

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 08:55 PM
Stev02

Maxima coming off Lease

Hi!

I'm interested in purchasing a Maxima coming off lease. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Stevo

Old 01-26-2003, 09:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Is it your Maxima ending the lease?

or are you buying one someone else is turning in from their lease...?

I had my Maxima for lease term then bought it out and kept it...leased cars are many times babied and low miles since the fees are high if you go over the mileage limit and reasonable damage
Old 01-27-2003, 12:25 AM
Stev02

It's not my car. I'm graduating college soon and my parents are talking about helping me with a new car. They want one coming off a lease. I love Maximas and I want one. I live in Central Jersey.

Thanks

Stevo

Old 01-27-2003, 03:33 AM

Originally posted by WizzaMax
Is it your Maxima ending the lease?

or are you buying one someone else is turning in from their lease...?

I had my Maxima for lease term then bought it out and kept it...leased cars are many times babied and low miles since the fees are high if you go over the mileage limit and reasonable damage
I'm not sure if Nissan is any different, and I have never leased a car, but I had 2 friends turn in leased vehicles last year. One was an Accord coupe, the other a Jetta. Both of them did not take care of the cars and somebody literally came to our office in both cases to inspect them before having them turned-in that evening. So I'm not sure about leased cars being babied. Would a person baby an apartment for 3 years just to get their security deposit back? imho the deposit is not the motivation, people will just live they way they choose, and if anything, because it's not theirs, they don't care as much. I think somebody here once said previous rentals are good because they are well-maintened, and I didn't believe that comment either.

My advice would be to go after a 2 yr. old car, but since the hp changed in 2k2, I wouldn't want a 2k1. I'd try to take advantage of somebody who's impulsive and getting rid of their 2k2, they are sure to pay a big penalty in the depreciation department to the buyer's benefit. Usually when somebody is impulsive, they will do anything without regard to money, so right now I think the 2k2 is the car of choice. Next year when 2k4's are out, same thing, 2k2. Good luck and congrats on the degree.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:09 AM
Stev02

Thank you. I will talk with my parents about this. And yes, a 2k2 sounds good to me.

Stevo