General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

newbie lease question. i want to kill my lease

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 06:15 PM

newbie lease question. i want to kill my lease

i have a lease maxima 2000gxe. it's currently on 32nd months of 39months contract i've signed. is there a way to terminate the contract and just being the car back? i mean, insurance is just too high cuz full coverage is mandatory. i'm willing to pay for all the tears and wear. are there any other penalties i have to pay? any good infos? any advice? thanx in advance
Old 01-29-2003, 06:40 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

call the dealer and or bank used and ask what the penalties are. we're not going to know what you signed into w/o more details and they'll give you accurate info much faster than we can
Old 01-30-2003, 03:33 AM
It's chrome alright...

Originally posted by Chris91SE
call the dealer and or bank used and ask what the penalties are. we're not going to know what you signed into w/o more details and they'll give you accurate info much faster than we can
and good luck. I wanted out of a lease once and it would have cost more to buy out and bring back early than to just park it for 6 months and wait. Leases are usually pretty well sealed up, unless you want to bring it back early to lease another car, then all of the sudden they can find a way to drop the current one
Old 01-30-2003, 05:05 AM

there is web site...

Theres a web site that hooks up people with cars that are currently leasing and gives people who are willing to take over the car and make payments for whatever's left of the contract. forget what its called but do a search and may be the way to go. if I remember it or find it ill post it. hope this helps!
Old 01-30-2003, 12:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: there is web site...

Originally posted by Infinissan
Theres a web site that hooks up people with cars that are currently leasing and gives people who are willing to take over the car and make payments for whatever's left of the contract. forget what its called but do a search and may be the way to go. if I remember it or find it ill post it. hope this helps!
Here ya go. swapalease
Old 01-30-2003, 01:07 PM
Maxima Enthusiast

Re: newbie lease question. i want to kill my lease

From what I know, you have few options.

1. Turn the car in and pay the remaining monthly payments and any additional miles charge. So in your case, turn the car in and pay 7 months of lease payments and walk away.

2. Go to the dealer and trade the car in for another car. The dealer will work with you in order to sell you a new car and allow you to have a minimal out of your pocket $$$.

3. Try the sell the car, but you better sell the car for more than the residual value that's on your contract plus your remaining monthly payments since that's what you'll have to pay to the leasing company to buy the car and obtain the title.

4. Find someone to take over your lease.

I am sure there are other options, but those are the ones I am familiar with.

Originally posted by [TYPE]SS
i have a lease maxima 2000gxe. it's currently on 32nd months of 39months contract i've signed. is there a way to terminate the contract and just being the car back? i mean, insurance is just too high cuz full coverage is mandatory. i'm willing to pay for all the tears and wear. are there any other penalties i have to pay? any good infos? any advice? thanx in advance
Old 01-30-2003, 09:06 PM

Re: newbie lease question. i want to kill my lease

Originally posted by [TYPE]SS
So simple. Take your monthly payment and multiply it by the number of months left. Write a check for that amount to the lessor and return the vehicle. No possesion of the car means you don't need to insure it. As much as the states and Feds try to inform people about leasing, lessees really don't seem to understand why the monthly payment is so low relative to purchase. It's a rental, a gold mine to the lessor like an apartment complex. You can lease a 2k3 325i for $349. I don't even think you can buy a Sentra with nothing down for that little. It'd be more like $425. Do you think there's a difference between leasing and purchasing?