General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

okay who was it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 09:25 AM
Langley AFB Sux

Originally posted by DA-MAX
hmmm...he needs to improve the setup then...Dropshop's turbo'd stock block DOHC ZC CRX runs 13.5 on street tires @ 10psi.

I agree.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:59 PM

DA-MAX just pointed out this Prelude to me in the DC area forum. The week I got my SC in I went to the Rockville,Md spot that weekend. When we decided to leave I ended up cruising with the guy. I truly raced the guy from a roll at 30mph all the way up to about 80 or 90 so and I had to shut it down (flashed hazards) because we were about to go through an intersection. He had his friend in shotgun with the videocam filming. I ended up with about 2 car-lengths on him when I had to slow down. We then get on the beltway and I hold my ground and pull hard until 120 comes around and my car goes into overdrive and he starts walking ever so slowly past my car, I can see the cameraman recording that part, I'm surprised he didn't use that as the Stillen max video, maybe he didn't consider it an obvious win. Anyway, I've seen that guy several times at Rockville,MD spot. 3 weeks before that, he raced my friend with a 240sx with an SR motor (Silvia S14) and my friend claims he beat him by about 3 car lengths at 130+mph on that same beltway, I actually was still N/A and was trying to pace behind and saw it myself that my friend pulled on him, not surprised because he happens to run mid 13's. Anyway, I raced the guy and his Prelude through my eyes is repectable, though I never met the guy in person, but through those videos they do seem to be real cocky. I still can't believe I raced that guy the day after the SC install. I didn't even have my boost and fuel pressure gauges in. Anyway, I don't know how much boost he was running that night but I gave him a taste of my untuned SC. Man, 4th gear in my auto is sooo weak. I thought I should post since I happened to be the only other Max that has bumped heads with him, sorry for the long post, this surprised me when I found out he had a site. Also, that black and white turbo SI was the same one DA-MAX is talking about, but he has better times than what DA-MAX claims. The day I ran my best N/A run of 15.04 @ 93mph, he 1st ran like a low 13, and by the time the track was closing he was consistently hitting high 12's, like 3 times. That guy is also always at that MD spot.

-Ben
Old 02-14-2003, 06:20 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

So why didn't he post the video of a Maxima walking him?
Old 02-14-2003, 07:19 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by SteVTEC
So why didn't he post the video of a Maxima walking him?
B/c VEETEC ows joo!!
Old 02-14-2003, 08:10 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Originally posted by 00MAXIST
B/c VEETEC ows joo!!
Old 02-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Originally posted by DA-MAX
I think this is up here in Maryland(they talk about Rockville on the page) and that Civic SI he raced with the Wings West body graphics looks exactly like the one that was running high 13's up at Capital Raceway last summer! if he's up here in MD, maybe we should introduce him and his Prelude to Mardigras and his 'stock' Maxima!!!
Hey Damax I think Thats "Burnout Boy" getting Burned!!!
Old 02-14-2003, 02:48 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by Redmax

Hey Damax I think Thats "Burnout Boy" getting Burned!!!
yeah i think it is too...probably after a long night of 1 sec. burnouts down at Barnes and Noble!