General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Sleeper saves my life! ... lesson learnt!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 10:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sleeper saves my life! ... lesson learnt!

So a friend and I were cruising around in a town not far from Fort Collins where all the hotrodders/ricers etc like to go (those who know the area will know where I mean). Anyway, I was with a buddy of mine cruising around. He has a beast of a Civic with over 400 HP under the hood. We pulled into a street which seemed to be a catwalk for all these ricers. We got bored after a while and decided to leave. As I was leaving I could see some DSM guys showing off revving their engines to get their BOVs to blow. So I decided to show them what my max could do. I did a HUUUUGE burnout, it was dark so you couldn't see the smoke, but you could smell the rubber! I burned out all the way to the stop light (about 20-30 feet), where two cops were sitting in their car waiting for the light. Oops ! They turned their heads and then turned the car into our street. I thought "Oh, crap! I am nailed for sure!" I just stared at them and they looked at me and looked at my car and thought, "nah, couldn't be!" and moved on to the next car, which was my buddy's car. his car doesn't look like a hotrod all banged up so they moved on down the street looking at every car! When they reached the end they turned around. We made a right and drove off down the street as quickly (within speed limits) as we could and pulled over to the side and left the cars parked to see if they would follow. They never did. LESSON: "NEVER DO A BURN OUT WHEN COPS ARE NEARBY" or "IF YOU DO, MAKE SURE THE CAR YOU DO IT IN LOOKS TOO SLEEPY TO BE SUSPECTED"
Old 02-17-2003, 10:05 AM
wat

Re: Sleeper saves my life! ... lesson learnt!

Old 02-17-2003, 10:16 AM

Nice.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Also, never throw a LOUD BOV in front of a cop while driving so close to home because he will follow you all the way there.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:48 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Also, never throw a LOUD BOV in front of a cop while driving so close to home because he will follow you all the way there.

So it's road worthy, eh?
Old 02-17-2003, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by IceY2K1

So it's road worthy, eh?
the SC one
Old 02-17-2003, 10:58 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax
the SC one
Old 02-17-2003, 03:07 PM
BigCmax

lesson: don't do burnouts period. I dunno doesn't impress me too much anymore....especially wasting my own rubber etc..

Old 02-17-2003, 03:13 PM

lmao thats funny...:

lol to IceY's status....
Old 02-17-2003, 03:17 PM

Old 02-17-2003, 03:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Sleeper saves my life! ... lesson learnt!

Originally posted by turbo97SE
So a friend and I were cruising around in a town not far from Fort Collins where all the hotrodders/ricers etc like to go (those who know the area will know where I mean). Anyway, I was with a buddy of mine cruising around. He has a beast of a Civic with over 400 HP under the hood. We pulled into a street which seemed to be a catwalk for all these ricers. We got bored after a while and decided to leave. As I was leaving I could see some DSM guys showing off revving their engines to get their BOVs to blow. So I decided to show them what my max could do. I did a HUUUUGE burnout, it was dark so you couldn't see the smoke, but you could smell the rubber! I burned out all the way to the stop light (about 20-30 feet), where two cops were sitting in their car waiting for the light. Oops ! They turned their heads and then turned the car into our street. I thought "Oh, crap! I am nailed for sure!" I just stared at them and they looked at me and looked at my car and thought, "nah, couldn't be!" and moved on to the next car, which was my buddy's car. his car doesn't look like a hotrod all banged up so they moved on down the street looking at every car! When they reached the end they turned around. We made a right and drove off down the street as quickly (within speed limits) as we could and pulled over to the side and left the cars parked to see if they would follow. They never did. LESSON: "NEVER DO A BURN OUT WHEN COPS ARE NEARBY" or "IF YOU DO, MAKE SURE THE CAR YOU DO IT IN LOOKS TOO SLEEPY TO BE SUSPECTED"

Would that happen to be longmont, if so the town is freakn smaller than ftc and they have more freakn cops patroln there street than fort collins does, i went down there once and saw like 5 cops just goin one way. also was the civic bill's and if so did ya race it .
Ryan
Old 02-17-2003, 04:07 PM

Same on burnouts for me... but to each his own.

As for the DSMs... my buddies DSM has me for lunch on a daily basis. Of course, he didn't when he first got it, but that was then and this is now...
Old 02-17-2003, 04:20 PM

Originally posted by MAXIN
lmao thats funny...:

lol to IceY's status.... :laugh

Maxin
Old 02-17-2003, 08:31 PM

You can't pull stuff like that in longmont. There are sooo many cops. It is a cool place to hang out when there is nothing to do but never race or do stupid stuff, there are just too many cops begging to write you a ticket.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:05 PM

Yeah my guess is Longmont since I never seen any ricers in Loveland. Glad you didnt get caught doing it though, I mean, that would suck to get a nice ticket right after the turbo goes in.

Personally, Ive never cruise Longmont except going thru on the way back from somewhere, but I always see lots of ricers and HOT CHICKS???!!!! DOnt know why they are in Longmont of all places but I see more there cruising then in Ft Collins/Loveland/Greeley combined!
Old 02-17-2003, 09:15 PM

That's exactly where it happened ... which makes it so sweet and there were lots of cops around! Anyway, I would not try that again!

Originally posted by Canuck
You can't pull stuff like that in longmont. There are sooo many cops. It is a cool place to hang out when there is nothing to do but never race or do stupid stuff, there are just too many cops begging to write you a ticket.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:21 PM

Originally posted by turbo97SE
That's exactly where it happened ... which makes it so sweet and there were lots of cops around! Anyway, I would not try that again!

What color/gen dsm was it. I know a couple that run 12s at bandi so they may be a bit faster than you thought. But then again they could be your normal DSM wanabes that are so prevalent in Colorado.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:47 PM

Originally posted by Canuck

What color/gen dsm was it. I know a couple that run 12s at bandi so they may be a bit faster than you thought. But then again they could be your normal DSM wanabes that are so prevalent in Colorado.
Be careful, I'm friends with a few of those 12 second DSM guys, and for the most part, the quicker the DSM, the more stock appearing and sounding it is And dont forget, whatever they run at the strip, they run on the street as well, AWD is a nice thing Traction? What's that?
Old 02-18-2003, 07:21 AM

i hope the police will never catch onto the maxima entusiasts. or else they'll start poppin' hoods of camry's, maximas, mazda 626 and all those other grocery getters.. then we'de be outa law enforcers when there's a real crook in town.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:35 AM

Why do cops give out tickets for burnouts? Somebody please explain.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:14 AM

Originally posted by Jshock1
Why do cops give out tickets for burnouts? Somebody please explain.
I believe its called "Unsafe Start" or something. Search your local traffic laws for that.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:20 AM
dot dot dot ...

Old 02-18-2003, 11:25 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

woo. sleeper.

yea. i dont think that would work for me..

perhaps i could offer them to eat Krispy Kreme donuts off my salad bar...

wow. but you would think those cops would realize there were only a few cars moving at the time?
Old 02-18-2003, 11:35 AM
lcf

I believe its called "Unsafe Start" or something. Search your local traffic laws for that.
Or maybe one would get charged with "wreckless driving"?

Quite serious in some states... a civil misdemeanor.

Your insurance premiums will go up unless you fight it in court and have it reduced to something else.

Old 02-18-2003, 04:19 PM

It is an exhibition (of speed) ticket in Colorado, which is the same as you'd get for racing. It is 12 point ticket, and if not reduced in court will get anyone's license revoked.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:56 PM

Dang, I didnt know it was that bad a ticket!!

I know a kid that got a 12 pointer for racing.....yeah, he's getting rides to work cause he cant pay the insurance on his camero. Talk about expensive, I guess it more then doubled after he got that ticket!
Old 02-18-2003, 10:42 PM

Originally posted by Jr'sMaxima
Dang, I didnt know it was that bad a ticket!!

I know a kid that got a 12 pointer for racing.....yeah, he's getting rides to work cause he cant pay the insurance on his camero. Talk about expensive, I guess it more then doubled after he got that ticket!
That's why I'm not listed as the primary driver on my camaro I am the only one that drives it, and I pay the insurance for it as well, but not having my name on it saves me about 1100$ every 6 months So insurance isnt cheap to begin with, and yes, tickets like those will only make it worse
Old 02-19-2003, 11:28 AM
Handsome

Why is it not surprising that a camero would know what kind of ticket you would get for doing a burning out.

I have 15,000 miles left before my warranty runs out, and the first priority is a drive to kentucky (I think thats what was on turbo 97's web sight) and getting boost.

What does the civic have done to it, and have you raced?

The max has saved me many times while racing or speeding, it is like you are invisible when a dressed up neon filled rice cake is next to you, even THOUGH you are winning.
Old 02-19-2003, 11:28 AM
Handsome

Why is it not surprising that a camero would know what kind of ticket you would get for doing a burning out.

I have 15,000 miles left before my warranty runs out, and the first priority is a drive to kentucky (I think thats what was on turbo 97's web sight) and getting boost.

What does the civic have done to it, and have you raced?

The max has saved me many times while racing or speeding, it is like you are invisible when a dressed up neon filled rice cake is next to you, even THOUGH (rather than IF) you are winning.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:05 PM

Originally posted by Street Reeper

I dont know that because I'm a camaro owner, I've never gotten an exhibition ticket. I know that because I soon may be a Colorado State Trooper
Old 02-19-2003, 10:12 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member