General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

HESS..Gas

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 08:44 PM

HESS..Gas

Ok I did a search, and most threads asked what gas you use, or what do you think is the best. But I never got anything that could answer my question.

A HESS gas station just opened near me, Im wondering is this place have good gas? The prices are high like my local Amoco and Texaco stations...so I assumed it may not be one of those cheepo place's...

Anyone have any useful info on this place?

Thanks
-Chris
Old 02-20-2003, 08:54 PM

Hess does not use cheap gas..its good gas we have those gas stations all around here in Orlando.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:02 PM

Re: HESS..Gas

Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE
Ok I did a search, and most threads asked what gas you use, or what do you think is the best. But I never got anything that could answer my question.

A HESS gas station just opened near me, Im wondering is this place have good gas? The prices are high like my local Amoco and Texaco stations...so I assumed it may not be one of those cheepo place's...

Thanks
-Chris

If you have Amocos' around you then I would use their premium "white gas". But Hess is a decent fill up...no worries. Besides, with a new gas station that is under a year old you won't have to worry about particles and settlement that tends to find its way from the bottom of the storage tanks into your gas tank from the old fill up stations. When the tanks get low you 'will' tend to have more dirty gas siphoned into your vehicle. Trust me on this one my best friend owns a few stations.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:04 PM

I have a Hess near my house, and near my school...Can't go wrong with it.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:09 PM

Is Hess just a fill up type of place, or peformance gass like a texaco?
Old 02-20-2003, 09:19 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Texaco is performance gas ?

not sure what you mean..

As for Hess, I have some in my car right now.. it's all good as far as I can tell.. been using it for a few years. I try to stick to Sunoco and Mobil most of the time but when you need gas, you use the next best thing.. although I stay away from budget gas stations like "Gaseteria" there are a few other silly ones like that around.. i never go there
Old 02-20-2003, 09:24 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

some hess's also have krispe kreme
Old 02-20-2003, 10:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by NickStam
Old 02-20-2003, 11:11 PM

Okay, what if you don't have a HESS or an Amoco station where you live? I don't have anything ressembling Amoco here in South Texas(San Antonio to be more specific). What do I use besides Texaco's finest 93.
Old 02-21-2003, 12:38 AM

i like Mobil and exxon gas the best......i use Hess only if it is my only option
Old 02-21-2003, 01:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Mr.95GXE
Okay, what if you don't have a HESS or an Amoco station where you live? I don't have anything ressembling Amoco here in South Texas(San Antonio to be more specific). What do I use besides Texaco's finest 93.
Chevron with Techron is the only way to go in the good ole south. The additive Techron in Chevron gas breaks up carbon build up on your fuel injectors etc, thus making your car run cleaner and more efficently.
Old 02-21-2003, 02:35 AM

Re: HESS..Gas

Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE

Thanks
-Chris
You know what's good, especially since gas is around 1.80 per gallon, is get a gas card that gives you a 4% rebate. Sunoco is one example--and you get it EVERY MONTH (in the old days they made you buy $500 worth of gas before giving you a $20 rebate).

So say you pay $33.30 to fill up the tank and use your Sunoco card, you will see a $1.33 rebate subtracted on your monthly bill. Hey, that's $0.07/gallon. So here's the deal--just make sure that Sunoco isn't charging more than 7 cents per gallon when compared to another brand--the really greedy dealers don't like to kick up the rebate so they jack the prices or they put your transaction through as if you bought something from the garage etc. This seems to happen around the Lincoln/Holland tunnels, and in the boonies. Your charge shows up as "XXXXXXXX Enterprises" so Sunoco doesn't recognize it as a rebateable transaction. I believe Exxon and Gulf also have rebate cards, not sure about the % or if they award it every month.

Other than that, I think gas is gas with like octane ratings. What could cause it to vary in quality is if someone has not upgraded their tanks, but I thought the EPA took care of that a few years ago.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by NickStam

im hungry
Old 02-23-2003, 06:08 PM
wat

Originally posted by cantgofast

im hungry
me too
Old 02-23-2003, 08:21 PM

Don't know about you guys, but the Hess in Newington, CT has seperate gasoline hoses for the different grades. So, you don't get a liter or 2 of someone else's 87 octane gasoline....
Old 02-23-2003, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by Uconn411
Don't know about you guys, but the Hess in Newington, CT has seperate gasoline hoses for the different grades. So, you don't get a liter or 2 of someone else's 87 octane gasoline....
all the hess's ive seen so far (in CT and NJ) are all like that...unlike the mobile a block away, which uses all the same hoses for all the grades...they do however seperate diesel
Old 02-24-2003, 06:00 AM

Got an old school HESS a mile from where I live. Been using it for years. Been all good. No Krispe Kreme though, I've actually never been to one before either. Never seen them in MA.