General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

New all motor Max and Alti record :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 07:55 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

13.78@98mph is damn impressive. Congrats.

How were the other Maximas running? Was the Altima an auto or 5 speed?

As for wind, I've never noticed any detrimental effects whether it be a 20mph headwind, crosswind, or tailwind. I write down the conditions for the day on my slips and I can't see any measureable difference. Maybe others will chime in with their experiences.

Dave
Old 02-24-2003, 07:59 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by ducky
out of curiosity though, why did you run with the stock airbox and not the frankencar or injen? I bet once you get the vb recal, you'll pull some even better times..
BC I don't want to blow another MAF
Old 02-24-2003, 08:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

taking the family sedans to the next level. Congrats man. There will be many ricers talking about man dont race them Nissans they fast man

looking good. I am still coming up there so hopefully I can still go to the track and have some fun.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:04 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by Dave B
13.78@98mph is damn impressive. Congrats.

How were the other Maximas running? Was the Altima an auto or 5 speed?

As for wind, I've never noticed any detrimental effects whether it be a 20mph headwind, crosswind, or tailwind. I write down the conditions for the day on my slips and I can't see any measureable difference. Maybe others will chime in with their experiences.

Dave
Well I believe marcdown20 was trapping around 92 when he is normally trapping 94-95ish. Also BJJ was not running as quick as he should have with his 60 shot but I believe he finally hit 99 traps at the end of the day. Hopefully they will all post there times bc I am not totally sure. BTW the altima time I was trying to beat was a 13.82 @ 102 for a 5 spd. I know I will never match the trap speeds but I got what I was after

Matt
Old 02-24-2003, 09:32 AM
BJJ

I didn't have any great times, I ran 14.3's all day reguardless of 60' or trap speed, I tapped anywhere from 96-99.9 and still ran a 14.3, the wind had alot to do with the slower traps in the begining it was blowing like 30mph. I spent most of the day trying to relearn how to launch my car, I finally got some decent tires ( dunlop FM901's) which can grip like mad but I still couldnt seem to get my 60' time down while spraying, off the bottle they were fine, but was running 2.3's all day on the spray, oh well at least I had fun on the highway on the way home isn't that right Blu
Old 02-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by BJJ
I didn't have any great times, I ran 14.3's all day reguardless of 60' or trap speed, I tapped anywhere from 96-99.9 and still ran a 14.3, the wind had alot to do with the slower traps in the begining it was blowing like 30mph. I spent most of the day trying to relearn how to launch my car, I finally got some decent tires ( dunlop FM901's) which can grip like mad but I still couldnt seem to get my 60' time down while spraying, off the bottle they were fine, but was running 2.3's all day on the spray, oh well at least I had fun on the highway on the way home isn't that right Blu
yea yea auto on the highway =
Old 02-24-2003, 10:14 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

way to go twin!
Old 02-24-2003, 12:20 PM

nice times... you need to post this on altimas.net since one of the altima guys posted his record time on here
Old 02-24-2003, 12:35 PM

im jumping in late but sweet times matt
Old 02-24-2003, 12:39 PM
NWP Engineering.com

AUTOMATICS REPRESENT!!! Sorry I couldn't make it this time. It just turned out to be a little too far of a drive for me. Maybe next time.

Good time Matt!
Old 02-24-2003, 12:44 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by Aaron92SE
AUTOMATICS REPRESENT!!! Sorry I couldn't make it this time. It just turned out to be a little too far of a drive for me. Maybe next time.

Good time Matt!
just think if it wasn't for a blown MAF I would have been there before you moved to Vegas
Old 02-24-2003, 12:47 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally posted by blubyu2k2

just think if it wasn't for a blown MAF I would have been there before you moved to Vegas
I know dude. It sucked not having anybody there to be able to beat me. Jon, you don't count. LOL JK.

Oh well, I am going to Fontana, CA on March 9th to try to show up all the VQ's. But, there's no way I can touch my best time. I am thinking I can only get low 15's.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:52 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally posted by BJJ
What were you running off the bottle?

Dave
Old 02-24-2003, 12:54 PM
Boost.....

Could-a would-a should-a
Old 02-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by Padsy 02 6sp

Could-a would-a should-a
Old 02-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Boost.....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blubyu2k2

Old 02-24-2003, 05:59 PM
BJJ

Originally posted by Dave B

What were you running off the bottle?

Dave
Around 15.1-15.3@88-91 w/2.2 60', when I usually run 14.7's @94 at that track, the wind was killing my traps along with something else that I havent figured out yet( maybe collapsed flex section) but not sure. Oh wll I am not to dissapointed I still had fun.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:44 AM
Blu
the tits

Ok I feel slightly retarded but my best was a 13.79 @ 98.4. I guess my vision was screwy after allthat driving but I will snap a pic of a few of my slips when I get home. Of course I forgot them again on my way to work but I will get a couple slips up tonight.

Matt
Old 02-25-2003, 10:10 AM
BigCmax

I am more interested to see the times with stock 17's vs 15's, street tires vs slicks and properly filtered stock or aftermarket intake.

Old 02-25-2003, 12:07 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Go automagic!
Old 02-25-2003, 12:39 PM
Lightly modded

congrats. thats simply amazing, especially with the noticable "handicap" of having an auto.....ever thought about getting a frankencar intake?
Old 02-25-2003, 12:51 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by 95maxrider
congrats. thats simply amazing, especially with the noticable "handicap" of having an auto.....ever thought about getting a frankencar intake?
I have a frankencar and an injen but no more blown MAF sensors for me. Hopefully there will be a true fix one of these days b/c I miss the sound.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:42 PM

I have a frankencar and an injen but no more blown MAF sensors for me. Hopefully there will be a true fix one of these days b/c I miss the sound.
Congrats Matt!!! Sorry i did not get to return your call. My cell was dead all weekend and it was my girls bday so i could not get away. If you are going next weekend get at me and i will most likely go to. I call dibs on the slicks and let me see what i can do with those times. Autos=fast
Old 02-25-2003, 01:55 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by Jon610

Congrats Matt!!! Sorry i did not get to return your call. My cell was dead all weekend and it was my girls bday so i could not get away. If you are going next weekend get at me and i will most likely go to. I call dibs on the slicks and let me see what i can do with those times. Autos=fast
As far as I know I'm going again this Sunday... I will give you a couple runs at the beginning b/c I want a few runs on street tires to see what I can get. Give me a ring and hopefully you can come along and possibly hit 13 if you don't break.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:16 PM

Nice run and congrats. About the MAF problem, have u tried throwing in a 2k1 MAF. I know Ethan did that and it worked, but I dont know if it blew the 2k1 MAF sensor. If for some reason 2k2-3 start blowing 2k1 sensors then im sure the MAF isnt the problem and would look elsewere. This whole MAF thing is bs.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:22 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by HitManSE

Nice run and congrats. About the MAF problem, have u tried throwing in a 2k1 MAF. I know Ethan did that and it worked, but I dont know if it blew the 2k1 MAF sensor. If for some reason 2k2-3 start blowing 2k1 sensors then im sure the MAF isnt the problem and would look elsewere. This whole MAF thing is bs.
Well for starters I really don't want to ride around with my check engine light on b/c the 01 MAF causes it . Ethan did blow the 01 MAF but it wasn't the TSB one. Now he has the 01 TSB MAF and everything is ok so far....we will see in the future.

Matt
Old 02-25-2003, 02:31 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Matt,
What sensor do you have in there now?
I want to go ahead and get an extra sensor (I think just the sensor is around $90 from Custom but I'm not sure). I haven't blown one yet but don't want it to go at the track.

Are the new 2K2 Maf's reliable and do you know where you can get just the sensor (not the $500 plastic and sensor)?

You went so long w/o MAF issues - thought you and me would be the "MAF exceptions"!
Old 02-25-2003, 02:33 PM

Well for starters I really don't want to ride around with my check engine light on b/c the 01 MAF causes it . Ethan did blow the 01 MAF but it wasn't the TSB one. Now he has the 01 TSB MAF and everything is ok so far....we will see in the future.

Matt
I cant belive that, Its sooo damn anoying to have something go out over and over. Ive gotten used to the SES light being on due to the y-pipe. I have a Scanner and can clear it but it will stay off for only 5-10miles. To be honest, the problems haunting the 2k2-3's are whats keeping me from getting 1 . Well good luck with finding a fix im sure some1 will stumble acorss it sooner or later.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by Shaydz
Matt,
What sensor do you have in there now?
I want to go ahead and get an extra sensor (I think just the sensor is around $90 from Custom but I'm not sure). I haven't blown one yet but don't want it to go at the track.

Are the new 2K2 Maf's reliable and do you know where you can get just the sensor (not the $500 plastic and sensor)?

You went so long w/o MAF issues - thought you and me would be the "MAF exceptions"!
Right now I have the replacement one I got for warranty but they said no more . I am back to stock and will remain stock until there is a more liable fix
Old 02-25-2003, 03:29 PM

Right now I have the replacement one I got for warranty but they said no more . I am back to stock and will remain stock until there is a more liable fix
Will a K&N panel intake blow the sensor as well? Ive heard the ApexI filter will aslo blow it but not sure how considering there is no oil involved. Ive had my Frankencar on for over 10K miled and not 1 problem to date with my MAF. I reently cleaned and re-oiled it. I used my spare K&N filter for about 5 days after i re-oiled the stillen cone, just to make sure the fresh oil had settled in.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Blu
the tits

slips will be scanned tomorrow my damn digi cam won't make a clear pic
Old 02-25-2003, 05:39 PM

Originally posted by Craig Mack
Hmmm....am I the only one who thinks this is a pretty insanely fast time for an automatic Maxima with mild bolt ons? They must of REALLY improved the effeciancy of the 2k2 auto tranny. GREAT times.

My thoughts exactly Not saying it didn't happen, seems odd for boltons and no internal work. That means my car is a real P.O.S.
Was the 30mph gust WITH or against you?
Something just doesn't add up. If the wind was at least head on at 20mph i'm guessing that would make .2-.3 second difference in your E.T. So correct the times for the wind and you 'could've' driven 13.49 all motor?????? That means a max that shoots a 75 to 100 shot of juice, yet still comes up with the approximate time, just really has that bad of a driver. And your 60ft was over 2 seconds, come on. Your car must be able to win a tug of war against a jet to make up that kind of time after the 60. That also means you could be in the 11's, or damn close with 100 shot.
Please tell me what i'm understanding--was there a tear in the time/space continum (msp)? that sombody forgot to tell me about.
I'm sure you guys will start flaming me now and that's cool. Just remember present yourself as an adult even if you're not. No need for name calling and such.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:14 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by tampamax

My thoughts exactly Not saying it didn't happen, seems odd for boltons and no internal work. That means my car is a real P.O.S.
I figured this would arise at some point...jsuta sk the other org members if the wind was at our back and if my times are legit. BJJ, JMAXIMA, KINGMAX, marcdown20, phatmax95 please answer this guys ?'s
Old 02-25-2003, 06:18 PM
BJJ

The times are totally legit, I had most of his runs on tape but the guy with the camera left before this run happened, but I saw it along with numerous other witnesses. And for the wind it was a cross/head wind of about 30mph so it was hurting times alot.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:20 PM

Dont 4get, slicks aslo make a HUGE diff.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:30 PM

Originally posted by HitManSE

Dont 4get, slicks aslo make a HUGE diff.

Unless the track has NO VHT then I would agree still then you would be pressing me hard to get me to agree. Also, i've driven an 02 automatic with the same mods and i own an auto myself; and i don't see how the tires could blow loose on the track.
There is something the boys haven't let us in on yet.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:42 PM
Blu
the tits

Unless the track has NO VHT then I would agree still then you would be pressing me hard to get me to agree. Also, i've driven an 02 automatic with the same mods and i own an auto myself; and i don't see how the tires could blow loose on the track.
I assume you are referring to me as part of the boys . I still spin my slicks and if I launched like I did on slicks with street tires I would blow my tires up in smoke. I don't get what you are trying to say but I have 2 videos of my 13.8 runs as proof and I will be scanning my slips tomorrow.

Matt
Old 02-25-2003, 06:58 PM

Did u brake torque by any chance?
Old 02-25-2003, 07:25 PM
BJJ

I have seen him break the tires loose from around a 25-30mph roll when me and matt run on the highway, if you cant get a 2k2 auto to break the tires loose I would be suprised. I beg to differ on the slicks not hooking up on VHT, I used the same slicks on my 5-speed 4th gen and dumped the clutch at 4000 grand and there was no wheelspin on a track with lots of VHT on it.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by BJJ

I have seen him break the tires loose from around a 25-30mph roll when me and matt run on the highway, if you cant get a 2k2 auto to break the tires loose I would be suprised. I beg to differ on the slicks not hooking up on VHT, I used the same slicks on my 5-speed 4th gen and dumped the clutch at 4000 grand and there was no wheelspin on a track with lots of VHT on it.
Ive driven a stock 2k2 auto and u can burn the tires all the way through 1st gear so im sure his ride can do better then that. So yeah im sure the slicks made a hugh diff, that 3.5 motor churns out alot of low-mid range torque to help light those tires right up.

Quick Reply: New all motor Max and Alti record :)