General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Law & Order uses Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 05:08 PM

Law & Order uses Maxima

They showed it in the opening scene, looks like Sand color. Then they said the paint from the car left at the crime was a Nissan sedan. The sergeant later says it belongs to a 95 Maxima.

I heard the deal was that cars are offered free to films only if the bad guys don't drive it. Guess they had to rent this one!
Old 02-25-2003, 05:48 PM
pmg

Re: Law & Order uses Maxima

cool.

Oh man I'm getting off course, but anyways around here in the Detroit area, people don't even know what a Maxima is - even mechanics ask who makes it when I say it's a Maxima. Whenever I leave Michigan, I see tons of them though.

My wife was mad when the autozone guy thought her subaru impreza was a volkswagon when he went to read the ECU code.

Many people in the motor city would rather have a kick in the groin than a foreign car for some reason.

-jeremy

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine
They showed it in the opening scene, looks like Sand color. Then they said the paint from the car left at the crime was a Nissan sedan. The sergeant later says it belongs to a 95 Maxima.

I heard the deal was that cars are offered free to films only if the bad guys don't drive it. Guess they had to rent this one!
Old 02-25-2003, 06:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

oooooooooooo...I absolutely love that show. At least the older ones anyway.

I like to pix out Max's in shows. hehe. Okay, I'm a nerd.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:08 PM

Originally posted by Lime
I like to pix out Max's in shows. hehe. Okay, I'm a nerd.

Old 02-25-2003, 07:25 PM
Soul Fly

big woop...

there's a 3rd gen in a Maaco commercial - big woop!!

Old 02-25-2003, 07:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Law & Order uses Maxima

Originally posted by pmg
cool.

Oh man I'm getting off course, but anyways around here in the Detroit area, people don't even know what a Maxima is - even mechanics ask who makes it when I say it's a Maxima. Whenever I leave Michigan, I see tons of them though.

My wife was mad when the autozone guy thought her subaru impreza was a volkswagon when he went to read the ECU code.

Many people in the motor city would rather have a kick in the groin than a foreign car for some reason.

-jeremy

I wonder what the averange cost of maintenance is for cars in that state versus, say, California - where there's tons of imports....

I bet it's alot higher.

IanS
Old 02-25-2003, 07:51 PM

oooooooooooo...I absolutely love that show. At least the older ones anyway.
I named my fish Lennie Briscoe.

God bless TNT.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:25 AM

I was watching Menace 2 Society last night and the homies in the moive were supposed to steal a 1990 Max with some nice 15 inch rims. By the way, they got busted before they stole the car.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:05 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

I think it's the Cars Direct magazine ad

They have like 50 light blue 2K2/2K3s spread across TWO pages.

I've never even seen a 2K2 in that color. Probably photochopped.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:46 PM

Old 02-26-2003, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by Weasel
I named my fish Lennie Briscoe.

God bless TNT.
LOL! Amen to that statement!!!
((cheers for L&O))
Old 02-26-2003, 06:10 PM

woohoo! there was another one tonight! it was a vehicular manslaughter/drunk driving one...they showed a little kid a picture of a 4th gen (97-99) SE (5-spokes) that was black! w00t! The mean guy's car was a Jaguar though.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:31 PM

woohoo! there was another one tonight! it was a vehicular manslaughter/drunk driving one...they showed a little kid a picture of a 4th gen (97-99) SE (5-spokes) that was black! w00t! The mean guy's car was a Jaguar though.
Yeah I saw that, I thought the one in the police garage next to the Jag was a twin of my car but it was an Altima after I looked closer.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:51 AM

lol I thought the exact same thing! The top-half of the car looks identical to the top-half of a Max GXE 97 or something hehe. Especially without a specific size reference.
Old 02-28-2003, 01:37 AM
Former Sponsor

black third gens are always owned by thugs and criminals... I've seen them in like THREEE shows (including menace to society) all murderers and shiznit...

4th gens are nice cars

and 5th gens only one I've seen (I really dont remember) is in that movie with Mel Gibson where the aliens jack up his corn fields and invade the world
Old 02-28-2003, 02:16 AM

Yep, that was the episode. The car started out as a sand colored one and they had an interior shot with the door openers and the huge 4-spoke steering wheel. Later there was another Maxima, but it was black with the trunk open. The story line said it was repainted.

Interesting, I remember in that episode they said there is always a 4th VIN in every vehicle, of which only the FBI knows the whereabouts. Any truth to that? Unfortunately, anyone who knows the answer is probably in the auto theft business!
Old 02-28-2003, 05:45 AM

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

Yep, that was the episode. The car started out as a sand colored one and they had an interior shot with the door openers and the huge 4-spoke steering wheel. Later there was another Maxima, but it was black with the trunk open. The story line said it was repainted.

Interesting, I remember in that episode they said there is always a 4th VIN in every vehicle, of which only the FBI knows the whereabouts. Any truth to that? Unfortunately, anyone who knows the answer is probably in the auto theft business!
oh no this was a different one
they never showed a max except in a picture. but I saw it and knew I had to post on this thread.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:33 AM

Was just thinking about this the other day

Weird, I was thinking the other day how often I see Maximas in L&O. I'd check my recorded episodes to tell you which have them, but I'm not that much of a geek.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:00 PM

Re: Re: Law & Order uses Maxima

Originally posted by pmg
cool.

-jeremy

Yeah, I will attest to this post!!! I am originally form Detroit (Detroit Redford grad) but I now live in Chicago. When I had my 97 Max while living back home, I would RARELY see another Maxima. I moved to Chicago in April 1998, and the import scene here is insane compared to Detroit. BTW, my cousin works at the Ford Expedition/Navigatoe plant in Dearborn & when he started there in 1996, he had a 1988 Honda Prelude w/ terribly faded paint, just a get-to-work car...do you know all the UAW guys would do **** like spit on his car, bump his car, give him dirty looks, talk ****, etc. he finally got the heat off when he bought a 1997 Thunderbird.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:58 PM

Re: Re: Re: Law & Order uses Maxima

Originally posted by VMosser323

Yeah, I will attest to this post!!! I am originally form Detroit (Detroit Redford grad) but I now live in Chicago. When I had my 97 Max while living back home, I would RARELY see another Maxima. I moved to Chicago in April 1998, and the import scene here is insane compared to Detroit. BTW, my cousin works at the Ford Expedition/Navigatoe plant in Dearborn & when he started there in 1996, he had a 1988 Honda Prelude w/ terribly faded paint, just a get-to-work car...do you know all the UAW guys would do **** like spit on his car, bump his car, give him dirty looks, talk ****, etc. he finally got the heat off when he bought a 1997 Thunderbird.
Shoot, I live in Podunkville, Wyoming, and I've seen at least 4 other Maximas (three 5th gens and a 4th gen). One 5th gen is driven by a taxi company! You hillbillies in Michigan need to learn from the hillbillies in Wyoming.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:44 PM

in that case...every car in L&O should be a maxima LOL. We have a very high concentration in the NE. Hence my little club.