General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Turbo Maxima VIDEO complete with more shots

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 03:21 PM
¿Hablas Español?

Way to go! Cool video editing skills too.

Cheers,

JK
Old 03-03-2003, 04:19 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by ILoveMyMax
Nice setup, Wrong tranny to use it with. Im with Mecca on the slow climb..
Ok, why is everyone bashing him for how slow/fast his car accelerates?????

A few things

1) What PSI 5-6 ?? NOT the same 8-10 your used to seeing.

2) rims?? His look pretty heavy.

3) Judgin from his dash I bet he has a few hundred pounds in the trunk

4) Different car and NOT tuned.

And not that I should or he needs defending, butI am reminded of why some people keep things to themselves.

And when in doubt, GET YOUR OWN

Sorry to tread on you thread dixit

Video is sweet, except I keep hearing this music when I should be hearing BOV!!!
Old 03-03-2003, 04:49 PM

Old 03-03-2003, 05:01 PM

nice production
Old 03-03-2003, 05:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

First off, the piping is not as low as people think. It still clears speed bumps and an full service carwash.

Secondly, why is everyone bashing the speed climbing? Remember this is in 3rd at only 5psi. My 3rd is 1:1. Im auto. This is NOT THE SAME as the ones youve seen in a manual where they do it in their 3rd which aint one to one and climbs alot quicker and they are running 10-12psi boost.

I will get the sound in there when my new digital camera arrives. Calm down. It will come soon enough.

Kirk, thanks for the support, some people just want to bash instead of just appreciating it. Odd how that works, but when push comes to shove they couldnt buy a $200 Ypipe unless they scrap together some money. My rims are the same weight as stock 17s, but remember weight is not eerything, you need have the weight closer to the center. Mine are farther to the outside. My trunk weight is no different than a spare tire, which I dont have and have two 10" subs. And yes the car is NOT TUNED and I will have the car dyno tuned at 10psi soon enough, calm down.

Dixit
Old 03-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Got Bent?

Nice vid

when is the tuning session? Let me know....

plus, you owe me a ride ... hehe..
Old 03-03-2003, 05:22 PM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
Nice vid

when is the tuning session? Let me know....

plus, you owe me a ride ... hehe..
I was thinking of doing it this sat or sunday. I can wire the SAFC in 30mins tops. But dont know if I should get the SAFCII or not.

Yea I do owe you a ride, and guess that will shut up some of these people in believing it does pull harder than they think. This aint a Ypipe upgrade. Hahahha

Im still stuck on gauges, im down to getting the Autometer Cobalt gauges. I wouldnt mind the Greddy guages, but hard to find a PSI one for the boost.

Dixit
Old 03-03-2003, 05:27 PM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

I was thinking of doing it this sat or sunday. I can wire the SAFC in 30mins tops. But dont know if I should get the SAFCII or not.

Yea I do owe you a ride, and guess that will shut up some of these people in believing it does pull harder than they think. This aint a Ypipe upgrade. Hahahha

Im still stuck on gauges, im down to getting the Autometer Cobalt gauges. I wouldnt mind the Greddy guages, but hard to find a PSI one for the boost.

Dixit

Cool... Lets wire up the SAFC for now to tune it get all the settings down. I bet it you would gain a good amount of power by just tuning the thing. Can't wait for the ride

How about some Apex'i gauges? They are $$$ tho...
Old 03-03-2003, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE

Cool... Lets wire up the SAFC for now to tune it get all the settings down. I bet it you would gain a good amount of power by just tuning the thing. Can't wait for the ride

How about some Apex'i gauges? They are $$$ tho...
I think Im going to end up leaning on the Autometer Cobalt ones since it looks nice and backlit. I dont like the Apexi indiglo look. Even though it has the memory function.

Yea wiring it up should be 30mins, I might be doing it LATE night like friday night midnight if I get the dyno on Sat.

Dixit
Old 03-03-2003, 06:29 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally posted by bags533

Ok, why is everyone bashing him for how slow/fast his car accelerates?????

A few things

1) What PSI 5-6 ?? NOT the same 8-10 your used to seeing.

2) rims?? His look pretty heavy.

3) Judgin from his dash I bet he has a few hundred pounds in the trunk

4) Different car and NOT tuned.

And not that I should or he needs defending, butI am reminded of why some people keep things to themselves.

And when in doubt, GET YOUR OWN

Sorry to tread on you thread dixit

Video is sweet, except I keep hearing this music when I should be hearing BOV!!!
I was not bashing his ability to climb speeed. I am going to be jumping on this band wagon myself this fall. BUT, I am clarifying facts and observations as 4K+ is a LOT of money. Dixit did it a different way. He kept the auto and is starting sorta slow...further posts indicate he is going to be a boost junkey...hehe. As Hal said...its going to happen. PLUS Hal is the guy I am probably going to get mine done by as well.

* I KNOW he is only boosting 5psi.
* I KNOW he has all his goodies
* I KNOW he is an auto.

BUT, that was the first time I got a good look at the speedo and was able to time it. It was an observation...nothing more.

So if I have offended BDJ, I truely apologize.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:39 PM

Originally posted by Colonel

I was not bashing his ability to climb speeed. I am going to be jumping on this band wagon myself this fall. BUT, I am clarifying facts and observations as 4K+ is a LOT of money. Dixit did it a different way. He kept the auto and is starting sorta slow...further posts indicate he is going to be a boost junkey...hehe. As Hal said...its going to happen. PLUS Hal is the guy I am probably going to get mine done by as well.

* I KNOW he is only boosting 5psi.
* I KNOW he has all his goodies
* I KNOW he is an auto.

BUT, that was the first time I got a good look at the speedo and was able to time it. It was an observation...nothing more.

So if I have offended BDJ, I truely apologize.
None taken. Its hard to judge this without being in the car. But like I said, will just have to back this up with dyno #s. Im going to boost it upto 10psi by Friday.

Yeap, a boost junkie alright.....
Old 03-03-2003, 06:43 PM

What I love about auto turbo auto's is how much faster shifting is than manual. Car can do it more than twice the speed as a manual tranny can.

Buddies SR20det auto 240sx is nuts when you drop the hammer on the highway. Much faster than most manual turbo cars can.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

None taken. Its hard to judge this without being in the car. But like I said, will just have to back this up with dyno #s. Im going to boost it upto 10psi by Friday.

Yeap, a boost junkie alright.....
hey man i dunno if you saw my post but what did ya want to know about my dyno, cause i don't think it showed up in that forum.
Ryan
Old 03-04-2003, 04:49 AM

1. That breather has only a 1/4" size inlet, and the pipe on the crankcase is like 1/2". So I couldnt get it to fit direct, for now I got the hose to make it easier.

2. Remember im Auto, so I dont pickup as fast as others do with their 5spds in 3rd gear. Im an auto 3rd gear is 1:1 where the 5spd 4th gear is 1:1. Most people who show their video are doing it in 3rd on the 5spd. Makes it seem much faster than an auto.

No offense taken.

Dixit
I dont see no offense in that, but you answered the one question that was going thru my head.

What part of Alabama do you reside in?
You taking your car to the track anytime soon?
I d like to see some 1/4 mile times if you dont mind

Nice set up, I will agree with the above person delete the music and let us hear what it sounds like at WOT
Old 03-04-2003, 05:48 AM
Administrator

leave my dawg 50 alone.. no one is touching hte music
Old 03-04-2003, 06:02 AM

Re: Turbo Maxima VIDEO complete with more shots

For those of you that never got a chance to see my car in full plus the fact that I didnt put many pics up there initially because of the snow we had and my car was dirty from the snow, here is a Video to ease your pain.

BigDogJonx's TurboMax

You can click right on the link or right click and Save As if you like. The video is 10mb, sorry for those of you on dialup.

Right now im pushing 5.5-6psi of boost, im going to push it to 10 soon. Maybe once I get the Boost controller I will do that. Another HLH0501.com turbokit creation.

Dixit
Off the chizain, I like that vid Sweet turbo setup.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:13 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax
leave my dawg 50 alone.. no one is touching hte music
Exactly, leave the music bigdog.....Or just mix the WOT and the music at certain parts to make these people happy when u get ur new cam...
Old 03-04-2003, 10:32 AM

Sprint: Thanks for backing me up on my music. Fitty Cent is my boy.

JAY25: Dont live in AL, my tags are AL but I live in DC.

And to all the others, as I stated before, calm down, the video will come in due time with Engine noise, turbo noise, everything you want to jerk off to, oops, i mean hear.

Dixit
Old 03-05-2003, 06:43 AM

Cool video, the music sells it, otherwise its like all the rest... Comeone people we all know what an engine and BOV sounds like... What song is that anyways?? I hear it on the radio but never put a name to the tune?

If you want engine sound check out my personnel video here....

http://www.4drspeed.com/movies/Sunset.mov

errm.. yeah... my video...

Phoenix1911
Old 03-05-2003, 07:07 AM

Originally posted by Phoenix1911
What song is that anyways?? I hear it on the radio but never put a name to the tune?
"In da club" -- by Artist "50 Cent" from G-Unit. The hottest hip hop artist on the streets from the Shady/Aftermath/Interscope label.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:06 AM

Nice looking car! I liked the video editing ... good job there! Not to appear like I am bashing or anything, but I have to agree that the revs seem to climb fairly slowly. If you haven't tuned it yet then that could be a lot of the problem. I know mine would bog a little at first but once on the boost it went nuts when it was untuned!

Good luck on the dyno, I would be really interested to see the results!
Old 03-05-2003, 08:15 AM

Originally posted by turbo97SE
Nice looking car! I liked the video editing ... good job there! Not to appear like I am bashing or anything, but I have to agree that the revs seem to climb fairly slowly. If you haven't tuned it yet then that could be a lot of the problem. I know mine would bog a little at first but once on the boost it went nuts when it was untuned!

Good luck on the dyno, I would be really interested to see the results!
No disrespect taken. Im got the SAFCII coming in Friday, tried to get a dyno session this weekend, my boy is booked, so next weekend.

I dont know how rich im running, but it doesnt seem overly rich since I did get almost 400miles on the hwy. Might also have to buy an 8:1 fmu disc for the dyno incase i need to cut back more than the SAFC can.

Dixit