General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Different Spring Rate for JIC suspension!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 03:05 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

They can be, so when someone bottoms out with this setup, we have to ask if he/she adjusted via the perch. You obviously know what you're doing so I know you didn't lower via the perch.
Do you have to take out the strut body bolts at the bottom to adjust the ride height after the coil-over has been installed? because the rear ones, I think you can just twist it to adjust while it's bolted on the car? Yes or no?

thx
Old 04-04-2003, 03:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaxTuner

Do you have to take out the strut body bolts at the bottom to adjust the ride height after the coil-over has been installed? because the rear ones, I think you can just twist it to adjust while it's bolted on the car? Yes or no?

thx
You don't have to remove the struts to adjust them. Just loosen the bracket locking ring. This will allow the strut body to turn in the mounting bracket. If you want to raise the car, you use the smaller of the two wrenches to turn the strut body by leveraging against the locking ring of the spring perch. Turn it like you are tightening the ring. To do the reverse, use the larger of the wrenches and turn the spring perch as if you are trying to lower it. In both cases, the other ring will prevent it from moving and instead just turn the strut body, lengthening or shortening the strut body in the process.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:01 PM

Originally posted by Y2K2Driver

You don't have to remove the struts to adjust them. Just loosen the bracket locking ring. This will allow the strut body to turn in the mounting bracket. If you want to raise the car, you use the smaller of the two wrenches to turn the strut body by leveraging against the locking ring of the spring perch. Turn it like you are tightening the ring. To do the reverse, use the larger of the wrenches and turn the spring perch as if you are trying to lower it. In both cases, the other ring will prevent it from moving and instead just turn the strut body, lengthening or shortening the strut body in the process.
Really, I know I can do it for the rears, but for the front, I can't seem to get it to twist, unless I unbolt the strut???

thx
Old 04-04-2003, 06:00 PM

ugh I ran over a brake rotor today.. (WTF)

made a big THUNK

pulled over to check for damage, none visable. I think I may have bent a rim though even though I can't tell visibly or by the ride.

At least I didn't fly off the road.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:06 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by MAXIN

how about you guys post some pics of your rough roads
You want me to pull over to the side, get out of my car, and take pictures of the road imperfections?
Old 04-05-2003, 02:53 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

New springs on the way

We had JIC ship you a softer set of springs 8k and 5k.

Anything softer and/or helpter springs is not the answer and based on the weight of the car to soft and would be dangerous.

You will see the new springs on Tuesday.

Regards
Old 04-05-2003, 08:04 PM

Re: New springs on the way

Originally posted by Avalon Racing

Anything softer and/or helpter springs is not the answer and based on the weight of the car to soft and would be dangerous.

Regards
WOW, now THAT's service
Old 04-05-2003, 08:08 PM

Re: New springs on the way

Originally posted by Avalon Racing

Regards
Appreciated your help, Paul, I guess we were all surprised what JIC did in terms of banning people from buying what they wish to get!

This is the first time any aftermarket company has done that, unlike companies like Stillen (who doesn't care if you kill yourself even though it's their design flaw)

Anyhow, I will try this setup to see if it satisfies me.

Tim
Old 04-05-2003, 08:46 PM

Re: Re: New springs on the way

Tim
Keep us updated,

do you have the JICs with the 9/6 installed now? (to compare)
Old 04-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Re: New springs on the way

Appreciated your help, Paul, I guess we were all surprised what JIC did in terms of banning people from buying what they wish to get!

This is the first time any aftermarket company has done that, unlike companies like Stillen (who doesn't care if you kill yourself even though it's their design flaw)

Tim
Any update?
Old 06-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

*bump*

MaxTuner...Any update on the 8K/5K?
Old 06-06-2003, 08:49 PM

hmmmm juss wondering whats going on. Im riding my 2k2 on JIC's now too..at 9 front 8 rear. So far no bottoming out with 5 people on the car at the same speed and location kevin drives (fast lane of 880 south) Ive hit several bumps that used to bottom out my stock suspension with this many people. but wiht the JIC's its oooooookaaaaayy
Old 06-06-2003, 11:39 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1
hmmmm juss wondering whats going on. Im riding my 2k2 on JIC's now too..at 9 front 8 rear. So far no bottoming out with 5 people on the car at the same speed and location kevin drives (fast lane of 880 south) Ive hit several bumps that used to bottom out my stock suspension with this many people. but wiht the JIC's its oooooookaaaaayy
The bumps right after Alvarado-Niles exit, before 84 east, and a little before 237.
Old 06-07-2003, 01:48 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

The bumps right after Alvarado-Niles exit, before 84 east, and a little before 237.
I can verify those roads

My Stage 2 SFCs make my ride very stiff and abrupt over those bumps (uneven road levels).

I'm thinking about getting JICs in the future, anyone wanna give me a ride some time this summer?
Old 06-07-2003, 08:41 AM

yup drive that like every 2 days to see the GF...its our 1 year aniv the 237 one they look like theyre kinda fixing the the last one still feels like it sends my car airborne.