General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

****!@#**** Help Me Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 10:45 PM

****!@#**** Help Me Please

I straight ****ed up my stock gauges when i tried puttin in reverse glow gauges. I didn't know that little wire was around the speedo needle and messed that so my speedom dont work, and my rpm sticks (I have a '95 maxima gle) Does anyone know anything bout fixing the speedometer needle? I cant stress how ****ed i am right now. Please help me if u can!!!
Old 04-19-2003, 02:40 AM

can't really fix it... you gotta buy a whole new gauge cluster
Old 04-19-2003, 01:02 PM
U wanna try me young boy?

ARGH!

I would agree that you're probably gonna wind up with a new cluster. You can get a junkyard cluster for a $100-200 or got ot he dealer an plonk down about $500 on the counter.

Either way, your ODO is going to be incorrect, and therefore to stay legal you need to inform to DMV/BMV. Probably not so important if you are keeping the car - but you must inform DMV/buyer if you sell the car.

Plus that gets you an "Odometer Discrepancy" or "Non-actual mileage" endorsement on your title. Resale value just halved.

How do I know this? The speedo in my taurus died and a new speedo/odo was my only fix. Car was 2 years old, and the odo discrepancy title took away 50% of the value of a 10k car. From that day on I was stuck with it until it died because I was ALWAYS upside-down in the financing. (owd more than the car was worth).

Sorry this happened, dude. I learned many years ago that modding your daily driver is easy - but keeping it driveable every day becomes the challenge.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:48 PM

Thanks to max4spd and ebay, I have a new cluster on the way. I'v never been so happy in my life.