General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Bye bye 96 Maxima Hello 2004 WRX (blue) pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 06:39 PM

Originally posted by ny96max
Jay its been fun knowing you and goodluck with the car.

ill call you this weekend, lol

...cant wait to drive it

Ant

and I cant wait for you to install an alarm w/ remote start and possible a nice head unit also
Old 04-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Re: 'Ex-Max turn WRX' Club

Join Synki
Old 04-22-2003, 09:09 PM

Re: Re: 'Ex-Max turn WRX' Club

Originally posted by 97MaxGurl
Join Synki

yes but we both still love maxima's at heart
Old 04-23-2003, 08:18 AM

Old 04-23-2003, 03:00 PM

I joined too in December. Got a silver '03 Sedan w/out the spoiler. I was going to wait for the re-style, I saw some pics and they looked nice but when I saw the real deal... I decided the Bug Eyes were for me. I am sure I will grow to like the restyled front, but I don't yet and I hate the taillights. Everyone asks me why I didn't wait for the STi, well... Aside from the piles of other reasons, it's not here yet, my car was $21.6k, I don't like the way the STi looks, etc etc. Besides, you can get the normal car to nearly the performance of the STi and not have the PULL ME OVER styling.

Right now, it's stock w/ Vishnu stage -0. Went from 154 4WHP to 186 4WHP with a reflash. Not too bad. That's on the dyno dynamics dyno, not sure what those numbers would be on a different unit. I do know that all 4 EVO 8's dynoed around 180 4WHP stock +- 3hp. That made me very happy.

-Jacob
Old 04-23-2003, 03:16 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally posted by jacob
I joined too in December. Got a silver '03 Sedan w/out the spoiler. I was going to wait for the re-style, I saw some pics and they looked nice but when I saw the real deal... I decided the Bug Eyes were for me. I am sure I will grow to like the restyled front, but I don't yet and I hate the taillights. Everyone asks me why I didn't wait for the STi, well... Aside from the piles of other reasons, it's not here yet, my car was $21.6k, I don't like the way the STi looks, etc etc. Besides, you can get the normal car to nearly the performance of the STi and not have the PULL ME OVER styling.

Right now, it's stock w/ Vishnu stage -0. Went from 154 4WHP to 186 4WHP with a reflash. Not too bad. That's on the dyno dynamics dyno, not sure what those numbers would be on a different unit. I do know that all 4 EVO 8's dynoed around 180 4WHP stock +- 3hp. That made me very happy.

-Jacob
Believe me, if I have the money to get the STi, I would There's so much more to that car than just the performance. 6 speed, beefed up suspension, Brembo rotors and calipers, three LSD differentials, electronically/driver controlled center differential. 2.5 liter 300hp torque monster, 17" rims with hi-po tires, Recaros, and intercooler mister. It's the price that's keeping me out of the game. $31K is a bargin, but it's out of my "willing to spend" league. Same goes for the EVO. If there is any possibility of me coming into some money and I can afford an EVO/STi, I'll get one.

It's good to see the gains you got with the reflash. It just makes me want to get a WRX even more

Dave
Old 04-23-2003, 03:34 PM

Originally posted by Dave B

Believe me, if I have the money to get the STi, I would There's so much more to that car than just the performance. 6 speed, beefed up suspension, Brembo rotors and calipers, three LSD differentials, electronically/driver controlled center differential. 2.5 liter 300hp torque monster, 17" rims with hi-po tires, Recaros, and intercooler mister. It's the price that's keeping me out of the game. $31K is a bargin, but it's out of my "willing to spend" league. Same goes for the EVO. If there is any possibility of me coming into some money and I can afford an EVO/STi, I'll get one.

It's good to see the gains you got with the reflash. It just makes me want to get a WRX even more

Dave
Oh, I am very familiar with the fab features of the STi, I figured someone would take my comments as a comparo.. You forgot the HIDs by the way - very important Heh.. Anyway, for me, a sensibly modded WRX is more like what I am looking for. When I am done with my car (are you ever done with a car?) it should have near the performance (this includes but is not limited to handling, accelleration, roadholding, etc) of the STi but of course lacking a few of the finer details. I don't need the DCCD, I can get a 6spd and the whole shebang when mine pops, tires, seats and wheels are all replaceable items, etc. The beefed up suspension is what, Version 8 struts/springs? I am going with Koni inserts and Eibachs. Cheaper and probably closer to where I want to be.

Cons to the STi: I have my car now and have had it since December. I am SURE that the STi commands a much higher insurance premium. I cannot afford (or couldn't at the time) a $31k car - tho an STi should be much closer to if not above $35k when it's all said and done, etc. There are many reasons. My utter disdain for that spoiler is another. I don't like the restyle... Etc etc etc.

Anywho - the STi is friggin awesome - I got to talk to Shiv a little after he drove it and it sounds amazing. I sat in his EVO and it's neat, just - the Subaru suits me better. Under the hood, the EVO looks much more performance oriented as well. Given the choice again, I would still get my lil spoilerless silver '03 sedan. Works for me. Damn fun car, even out of the box - but the reflash does so much more than new numbers on a dyno. The low end is there, no more rowing the shifter like mad in city traffic. Having NO power below 3k rpm is a serious pain.

Myself, if I could, I would mod in this order:

Panel filter and resonator mod (still haven't done that - heh)
Up-Pipe
Silicone I/C hoses (at least the Y pipe)
Downpipe plus a better exhaust mebbe
Colder plugs (NGK 2387)
Fuel rail + Injectors
Reflash + Tune
etc, etc, etc..

Of course that is independent of suspension and other mods, but as far as power changes - that's where I am headed. I got the reflash because of the great things I have heard, and because I can get it re-tuned free if I stay with Vishnu. Expensive, but nice stuff - and they are pretty close. I have also spent some time at the shop and am confident in their abilities.

Anywho.. Back to work.

-Jacob
Old 04-23-2003, 05:55 PM

When I am done with my car (are you ever done with a car?)

-Jacob
I've never heard that said about a car. Aren't there any monetary limits? You could easily spend 10 grand plus, but imho I'd rather buy a stock S4 with 8 cyl than to drive a Subaru with 10+ grand worth of mods, even if the subaru does 111 in the 1/4 mile. I say the car is done the day you pay sales tax on it.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:20 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Myself, if I could, I would mod in this order:

Panel filter and resonator mod (still haven't done that - heh)
Up-Pipe
Silicone I/C hoses (at least the Y pipe)
Downpipe plus a better exhaust mebbe
Colder plugs (NGK 2387)
Fuel rail + Injectors
Reflash + Tune
etc, etc, etc..

Of course that is independent of suspension and other mods, but as far as power changes - that's where I am headed. I got the reflash because of the great things I have heard, and because I can get it re-tuned free if I stay with Vishnu. Expensive, but nice stuff - and they are pretty close. I have also spent some time at the shop and am confident in their abilities.

-Jacob
I agree with everything you said. It's far more fun to do the modifying yourself than have a factory tuner do it. That's why I've had so much fun with my Maxima.

Your mods and future mods are exactly like what I intend to do

Dave
Old 04-23-2003, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

I've never heard that said about a car. Aren't there any monetary limits? You could easily spend 10 grand plus, but imho I'd rather buy a stock S4 with 8 cyl than to drive a Subaru with 10+ grand worth of mods, even if the subaru does 111 in the 1/4 mile. I say the car is done the day you pay sales tax on it.
pretty sure the S4 is a 2.7liter TT V6
Old 04-23-2003, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by Soon2BMaxed
pretty sure the S4 is a 2.7liter TT V6
Yes, but the new one is a normally aspirated 4.2L DOHC V8, w/339hp. Not the same as the older 4.2 - this one is physically smaller for use in the S4 body. Looks crazy..

Dunno if he meant that one tho..

-Jacob
Old 04-23-2003, 07:30 PM

more pics. Enjoy !!

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...69_26_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...69_20_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...69_22_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...69_23_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...69_24_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...69_29_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...69_31_full.jpg
Old 04-24-2003, 09:07 AM

The new S4 is going to be 390hp. I was at Jacob Javits Center for the 2003 auto show last night in NYC. The RS6 is going to be pumping 450+hp from the factory.

The 2000-2002 are 2.7L BiTurbo. I wished I never sold my S4.

It also did not even take me close to 10K to run 111mph trap speeds.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:17 AM

Originally posted by Synki
The new S4 is going to be 390hp. I was at Jacob Javits Center for the 2003 auto show last night in NYC. The RS6 is going to be pumping 450+hp from the factory.

The new S4 is gonna be ~339-340hp. Automobile mag says 339, www.audiusa.com/future says 340. Somewhere around there. It looks crazy - pop the hood and it's just ENGINE everywhere.

The RS6 is insane - too bad it's waaaay out of my price range. I would love one of those. Did you see the brakes? Like two loaves of bread. Sounds awesome.

-Jacob
Old 04-24-2003, 09:18 AM

Nice pics by the way - I really like those seats. I am gonna check one out next time I am at the dealer (almost time for the 7500 service). Did you pull the badge off the trunk or does it not come with one anymore?

Nice car..

-Jacob
Old 04-24-2003, 02:21 PM

The RS6 is insane - too bad it's waaaay out of my price range. I would love one of those. Did you see the brakes? Like two loaves of bread. Sounds awesome.

-Jacob
Too bad no manual trans. on the RS6.

I could go for a A6 2.7t when they get into my price range tho.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:35 PM

Originally posted by Lordrandall

Too bad no manual trans. on the RS6.

I could go for a A6 2.7t when they get into my price range tho.
That is a damn shame, but I would still sport it. With that kind of power, it would be seriously fun. Heard of Audi's new DST I think it is? Direct Shift Transmission or something. It's a variation on the automatic that sounds like it would be great for a grand touring sort of car like the RS6. Any car that weighs over 2 tons no matter what is considered grand touring IMHO.. Anywho.

I would rather have the WRX than the 2.7T tho - a friend has one (the 6spd - DOWN BOY!) and he says it's a good car, but it's boring at best.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:18 PM

I would rather have the WRX than the 2.7T tho - a friend has one (the 6spd - DOWN BOY!) and he says it's a good car, but it's boring at best.
Yeah, I have a friend with the 6-speed as well. Not stock. He loves it. Goes like a "Freight Train" on the freeway, or so he claims....

eek

I'm sure by the time I'm ready for a new(er) car, the WRX will be much closer to my price range than the 2.7t anyhow.

I've seen that Audi trans you are talking about. Neat technology, but as we've talked about before, if it doesn't have 3 pedals, you can sell it to someone else.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:21 PM
dmontzsta

sweet

Old 04-24-2003, 05:02 PM

Originally posted by Lordrandall

I've seen that Audi trans you are talking about. Neat technology, but as we've talked about before, if it doesn't have 3 pedals, you can sell it to someone else.
I'm with ya, but I like new neat things. I don't really like paddle shifters or Ferrari's F1 (let a computer shift your 6spd.. Hm..) but this just sounded cool. Two clutches, two input shafts - no loss of accelleration between shifts. It blips the gas for you on downshifts too - makes you sound like a pro

I have been manually shifting since day 1 and will continue to do so for a long time, just - it sounded cool. And, the idea of a 450hp luxury grand touring car with a sweet shifting automatic (since there's no manual available) sounds fun. I am just picturing doing the things I do in the WRX but not having to work as hard. Dunno.

-Jacob
Old 05-05-2003, 07:39 PM

bump
Old 05-05-2003, 08:27 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

someone needs attention badly
Old 05-05-2003, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by NickStam
someone needs attention badly

no its just some people have not seen it yet and still IM me about my maxima
Old 05-05-2003, 08:32 PM

How is the wrx, its one of the cars I will be considering leasing for early next year. So far its G35, 330Ci and the wrx.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:44 PM

Originally posted by orgasmicNYC
How is the wrx, its one of the cars I will be considering leasing for early next year. So far its G35, 330Ci and the wrx.

well the $$ difference between those cars is alot. the WRX goes for about 25k while the G35 is like 33k and the 330CI is around 38k. For the $$ I believe that the WRX is the best car out there. I did my research and there was no other car out there for 20-28k that was a better car for the $$. I love my WRX so far but if I could afford the 330CI or G35 I would pick the G35 coupe.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:43 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

the wrx are nice cars with good off the line performance but the new neon srt-4 are faster in the long run.

check out this little clip.
http://www.heavy-components.net/movieh.wmv
Old 05-05-2003, 10:54 PM

those new seats look great
Old 05-06-2003, 04:52 AM

Originally posted by 98maxsel
the wrx are nice cars with good off the line performance but the new neon srt-4 are faster in the long run.

with a few little mods the WRX is faster plus the Neon is still a dodge
Old 05-06-2003, 08:09 AM

Originally posted by nymjayjay

so is a viper.

subaru is not exactly known to be much more than an econobox company themselves.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:16 AM

Originally posted by CKNY

subaru is not exactly known to be much more than an econobox company themselves.
Maybe to you, the rest of the world knows them for WRC chanmpionships and decades of small, AWD cars that are tough as nails.

-Jacob
Old 05-06-2003, 08:49 AM
It's chrome alright...

Originally posted by skeelo34
Maybe its just me, but that car looks like a corolla on steroids. Its just plain ugly, but if you're for performance, it must be sweet.
THANK YOU! I read through the first 45 posts thinking "am I the only one who thinks that car is hideous?"

But nym... if you like it, I'm glad you could get one.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:21 AM

Maybe to you, the rest of the world knows them for WRC chanmpionships and decades of small, AWD cars that are tough as nails.

-Jacob
go subaru! (i'm biased. i own a legacy and am in the process of trading the maxima for a wrx)
Old 05-06-2003, 10:34 AM

Originally posted by nymjayjay

well, yea.. subs are cool. I'm not dissing, just saying those damm new neons defin. give a good run. 2.4 turbocharged putting out close to 220hp to the wheels! It's advertised at 215hp at the crank but it's closer to that at the wheels! While you can mod the sub a little to make it go faster that neon could mod too. "Just a dodge?" My bro drives a Dodge Durango R/T 5.9 litre and that thing is beast and nice.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:38 AM

WRX is still faster C&D I think it was got it to 60 in 5.4sec And that neon no matter what you you put under the hood is still an el cheapo piece of crap
Old 05-06-2003, 01:58 PM

Nice car, but u shoulda got the new Lancer Evo. It's a few grand more but has 271hp and its awd too. Has turbo w/ a water cooled intercooler. And imo it looks a lot better than the WRX too.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:15 PM

Hey, the neon may be an el cheapo piece of crap but if you are talking modding for speed it can have a lot of cars beat hands down with just some el cheapo upgrades.
Check out Hahn Racecraft (not sure of their site) but they have a 4 stage turbo upgrades for the previous gen of that "el cheapo piece of crap" that can put down in excess of 500 whp
Old 05-06-2003, 02:22 PM
Custom User Title...

it's kinda lame to go into a thread about someone's new car and say i think you should get this or that. even if you don't like the looks, which i agree i'm not a fan of how they look, it's still badasss and a nice new ride. people can debate all day long about different cars but bash somewhere else, otherwise the thread gets locked and is over with quicker. maybe that's not so bad though...bash away?
Old 05-06-2003, 02:24 PM

Originally posted by Jepht20
it's kinda lame to go into a thread about someone's new car and say i think you should get this or that. even if you don't like the looks, which i agree i'm not a fan of how they look, it's still badasss and a nice new ride. people can debate all day long about different cars but bash somewhere else, otherwise the thread gets locked and is over with quicker. maybe that's not so bad though...bash away?
Are your hoodstruts new or used? From the dealer or from one of the car supply chains (autozone etc)?
Old 05-06-2003, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by 98maxsel

That was a sweet little commercial. Was that a stock SRT Neon?
Old 05-07-2003, 12:54 PM

not a bad video clip, quick little car but still ugly in my opinion

Quick Reply: Bye bye 96 Maxima Hello 2004 WRX (blue) pics inside