General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Anyone happy with their Wood dash kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 02:54 AM

Anyone happy with their Wood dash kit?

Is anyone very, very satisfied with the fit & finish and quality of a wood dash kit that they bought and installed on their car? If so, can you reccommend a company? I bought a real wood kit, and had to send it back because it looked like crap. Poor quality.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:10 AM

Re: Anyone happy with their Wood dash kit?

Originally posted by Bgohan
Is anyone very, very satisfied with the fit & finish and quality of a wood dash kit that they bought and installed on their car? If so, can you reccommend a company? I bought a real wood kit, and had to send it back because it looked like crap. Poor quality.
I got mine with the new car (98 SE), and at the time it seemed to make the dash look a lot nicer. It was a $429 option installed at the port I believe. Within 12 months the part under the gauges started coming off, so I had it replaced under warranty. Then, the horizontal part and the part with some weird ash tray (curved) starting coming off. All that was replaced also under warranty. Unfortunately, the stuff that was replaced is worse than original and the plastic coating started to delaminate on all of it. Looks terrible but guess what? The car is no longer under warranty, so I'm not gonna spend $0.01 to fix it. I'm very often the sharpest tool in the shed, but honestly, I didn't even know until last year that this BS wasn't even wood! Underneath the plastic is some sort of paper-thin wood colored stuff. Moral of the story is keep that **** off the dash unless you're getting a MB, BMW, Jaguar, Cadillac, etc.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:14 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

I got mine from www.wood-dash.com and have had the kit for over a year with no peeling problems and no fading. The company also does custom cutting like my carbon fiber door pillars

Old 05-04-2003, 10:27 AM

Re: Anyone happy with their Wood dash kit?

Originally posted by Bgohan
What's your e-mail, I mail you some pics of my wood dash. I had CF before, but decided to switch. Both kits were bought from NY, don't remember companies name, will post later. But both kits were great, instaled them myself. Price was really straight too.

Andrei
Old 05-04-2003, 03:03 PM

Originally posted by maximadave
I got mine from www.wood-dash.com and have had the kit for over a year with no peeling problems and no fading. The company also does custom cutting like my carbon fiber door pillars

Maybe your tint helps, or you don't park in direct sunlight. Whatever the case, imho what I've seen in Nissans is not the same as you'd see in say a Jag or Benz. I think the style has moved back to simplicity so an all plastic dash is best in a Max. Just my .02.