General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Help!!!!Anyone here about needing an installation kit for a factory spoiler!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2001, 09:41 AM
Disco Biscuit

They're telling me they need one, and Nissan wants $65 for it!!!!! Has anyone else had this problem? I have all gaskets, bolts, washers and harnesses that are needed. I just called Nissan and they said that ther is only a kit needed for 97 and up. HELP!!!!
Old 01-23-2001, 10:02 AM
Disco Biscuit

Your not helping Doug.......

SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2001, 10:16 AM
Disco Biscuit

HEHE, Ok Thanks, Doug.

I don't know what I'd do without you man...
The body shop told me I need some plastic clips that the outside pylons snap into. They didn't come with the wing. Nissan doesn't sell them alone, and the OEM spoiler costs $700. He also needs a template, but thinks he can make one from a friend of his Maxima. Does anyone else have a template for the spoiler? If so I could really use your help........
Old 01-23-2001, 11:04 AM

Where did you get your spoiler from? I ordered mine from autodynamic.com for about 80 bucks or so. They sent all the stuff needed to place the wing on the car. I have a 97 as well but, I have not had it installed yet I will this Friday. Maybe they may say I need that kit but i doubt it. Let me know what happens with your situation
Old 01-23-2001, 11:10 AM
Disco Biscuit

Well, I bought it used from vapors, pre-painted, it was alot cheaper.

So I got all the hadware and mounting thingies he had. The only place to buy the kit is from Nissan, so you have to go through them. The problem is is there is no kit for 95-96, as it's all included in the spoiler package, 97-99 it's seporate. The other prob, is according to the parts dep, they are completly different, and it would have to be ordered as they have none in stock, and if it didn't have the parts I need, then I'm out $65. the body shop may be able to make the template, and may not. He's not sure. I told him as long as it is mounted right, and looks ok, I don't care if it's exactly like OEM, I just want it on. The biggie, is how to mount the outer pylons.
Old 01-23-2001, 11:15 AM
vapors smx

Hey Whitemax, It should have the plastic clips in the bag. I remeber putting all parts with the wing right after they took it off my car. I made sure of that. Recheck the box again. I know that there was a lot of popcorn in there. Let me know.

Old 01-23-2001, 12:22 PM
Disco Biscuit

Hey Lee, they're there. The morons at the shop never checked the parts bag

The kid I left the car with didn't tell the boss there were any parts with it, (even though they were on the front seat in the bag) so didn't look. When I went to pick up the car, I saw the plastic clips and checked them them, and sure enough they were there. I knew you put all the mounting hardware in with it, cause I remember you told me you did. I just couldn't figure out what they were talking about extra they needed, until I looked at everything. If he had just told him the parts were in the front seat, it would be on by now. Now I have to take it back tommorrow. I do appreciate your help. And your's too Doug......
Old 01-23-2001, 12:35 PM
vapors smx

Man I am glad to hear that-->

You had me feeling real bad that I didnt send you the parts, however I ould just picture getting everything ready for you. At least it will be on tomorrow!!

Old 01-23-2001, 12:58 PM
Disco Biscuit

Sorry to get you worrying.

I was just really pissed off with them for not checking the hardware bag,and I hate it when after people say they can do something, then they start telling you how much extra stuff is going to be, because they didn't look well enough. I knew everything should be there, but I couldn't figure out what they were looking for until I went down there to see for myself. Like you said, at least it will be on tommorrow, I'm not going to die because it's one extra day until it gets mounted, and at least I didn't have the probs you did with your brakes!
Old 01-23-2001, 01:04 PM
vapors smx

Damn Straight LOL

Everything does get fixed in the end though. Something we all have to remember.