General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Cattman/stillen/warpspeed Y-pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 04:34 PM
ctk

Cattman/stillen/warpspeed Y-pipes

I have a 2000 Maxima SE automatic California emissions model. I want to purchase a y-pipe ASAP, but I am confused as to which one to buy.

I have heard various fittament problems with Warpspeed along with unequal pipe lenghths not giving it as much power as the other brands, bees in the can complaints with cetain brands, flex sections on the Cattman needing to be repaired, y-pipes banging under hard acceleration, problems with mounting brackets needing washers to allow more room or being completely removed, poor quality with Stillen and list goes on and on...
Can someone please help me with which y-pipe will yeild the most power, fit the car correctly and have excellent workmanship.

YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED,
CTK
Old 05-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

All the y-pipes will essentially yield all the same power. It's a matter of will it rust, or will the flex section break down. Cattman used to have problems with their flex sections but they since fixed that with the new model pipe. Also their pipes are stainless steel and will not rust. More suited for winter areas that use salt on the roads. Still on the other is a good quality pipe. Even though their ss they will still rust. I suggest you spray a coat of high temp black paint on it before putting it on. Still and Cattman are the more expensive of the pipes. Warpspeed and Budget are the cheaper in the $180 range.. Cattman and Still are $330+ range
Old 05-13-2003, 05:09 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

I used to have a warpspeed, I have a cattman now, and I wouldn't recommend anything else. The flex section is quite, and the fitment is perfect.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:09 PM

All the y-pipes will essentially yield all the same power. It's a matter of will it rust, or will the flex section break down. Cattman used to have problems with their flex sections but they since fixed that with the new model pipe. Also their pipes are stainless steel and will not rust. More suited for winter areas that use salt on the roads. Still on the other is a good quality pipe. Even though their ss they will still rust. I suggest you spray a coat of high temp black paint on it before putting it on. Still and Cattman are the more expensive of the pipes. Warpspeed and Budget are the cheaper in the $180 range.. Cattman and Still are $330+ range
Old 05-13-2003, 10:18 PM

Re: Cattman/stillen/warpspeed Y-pipes

So if I bought the Budget (I don't think I'll get a warp speed just check out all the ****ed off people on this forum) I can get some high temp black spray paint and it will work just as good as the Cattman? I am tight on dough, but I still want too get decent parts.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:32 AM
rilla dope

Cattman all the way. WSP, pure crappy service from those folks. Cattman takes a while to ship sometimes, but it's the best you can get. Don't scrimp on this part
Old 05-14-2003, 10:35 PM
JET Speed Lab

Re: Cattman/stillen/warpspeed Y-pipes

Originally posted by ctk
poor quality with stillen
i hope your wrong about that
Old 05-15-2003, 11:57 AM

Originally posted by mtrai760
I used to have a warpspeed, I have a cattman now, and I wouldn't recommend anything else. The flex section is quite, and the fitment is perfect.