General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

airmattdog's 97 SE

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 03:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Airmatt your **** is on point, so on point I just knocked my **** out to make your ride my screen saver
Old 02-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by 99Maxima5sp
How am i too angry for this thread? Unlike you, i happen to think this carbon fiber craze is beyond dumb. It just looks unpainted and ricey...
Car looked bada$$ when it was all body color...
Eric
Uniqueness and weight savings are the pride of carbon fiber products, can you enlighment me how they are rice again? That word gets thrown around so much, I could see you not caring for how carbon fiber weave looks or the color that it provides but to call it rice really has no bearing. It is a very functional product and will definitely withstand more abuse than any material out there. Is there any other material you could make hoods out of that would save a crapload of weight, but when it flips up and smacks a windshield at 70mph would just flex and retain its shape? I think metal would probably kill you and smash the **** out of your car and anything fiberglass would shatter all over the place and creat a huge mess.

Just my personal questions? You sounded really angry about it when you posted and I just didnt understand it..
Old 02-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Banned

if not a cf trunk, what about a cf 1 pillar wing from a 350z....i'v been a fan of those for a while now...
Old 02-25-2004, 04:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by thebigsadler
Uniqueness and weight savings are the pride of carbon fiber products, can you enlighment me how they are rice again? That word gets thrown around so much, I could see you not caring for how carbon fiber weave looks or the color that it provides but to call it rice really has no bearing. It is a very functional product and will definitely withstand more abuse than any material out there. Is there any other material you could make hoods out of that would save a crapload of weight, but when it flips up and smacks a windshield at 70mph would just flex and retain its shape? I think metal would probably kill you and smash the **** out of your car and anything fiberglass would shatter all over the place and creat a huge mess.

Just my personal questions? You sounded really angry about it when you posted and I just didnt understand it..

I would not even responded. Anyone w/common sense would know a lighter hood helps the car performance wise because is lighter. Some people dont even know the definition of Riced out car. You got a CF hood. Looks awesome to me. I may get one in the near future.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:34 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by thebigsadler

Actually unpainted and ricey go hand in hand, in my book anyways. I see to many civics/tegs etc running around with black/primer/white primer/blue primered kits all the time. Carbon fiber looks EXACTLY like that in every picture (unpainted). Its not until you get somewhat close can you tell its really CF. So, from a distance (say more than 20 feet) most cars with carbon fiber anything just look like unpainted pieces.

Trust me, i see CF's uses. Its AMAZING the weight saving you can achieve with CF, and for people interested in performance, its a great way to go. But i prefer painted CF rather than its raw form. Once again, just MHO...
Old 02-25-2004, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by redmaxpa007
pssssssttt....

some painted your car orange..
I'm not even a fan of red but everytime I see your car, I always think about how much I wanna drive it, especially really fast and zip by a cop that is sitting there with his radar gun on.

Yeah, I know it's crazy but that's what I think about everytime I see your car.
lol
Old 02-26-2004, 04:59 AM

Can someone please put those pics back up, all I get is red x's.......copy & paste link does not seem to work either.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:27 AM
Sports Button FTW

Originally Posted by JAY25
Airmatt your **** is on point, so on point I just knocked my **** out to make your ride my screen saver
dam right. One of his pics has his car on the right side of my screen, perfect desktop background cause its not blocked by desktop icons
Old 02-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Guy with the Orange Max

Originally Posted by All*Pro
Can someone please put those pics back up, all I get is red x's.......copy & paste link does not seem to work either.
We were having server and domain issues. The problem should be resolved!
Old 02-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Guy with the Orange Max

Originally Posted by optimus310
This is the vid. Im pretty sure thats your max. You don't see orange maximas everyday. I just didn't know whos car it was. Anyway let me know if thats you

http://members.roadfly.com/dakar2m/WastedEthics.wmv
Yeah, that was me. That was one of the stops on the Primedia Trek 2 Sonoma. That was at a Go Kart place in Portland, Oregon.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I greatly appreciate it, here I was a couple of months ago wanting to get rid of the car and just stop the whole modding thing. I'm really glad I didn't. Things are finally starting to come together with it.