General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

You all will be jealous of my new job...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2001, 06:36 PM

Well, a friend of the family owns a car conditioning plant, that cleans and tunes all the cars for the expensive car dealers here, such as porsche, BMW, lexus, Infiniti and just the "import" places -

He needed drivers to transport the cars from dealer to his place to dealers.....

Thats where I came in. I am 16, in highschool, and have a job at a computer company making 12.00$ an hour base pay, plus projects and stuff...... the car guy offered me 8$ an hour hehe, so I told him thats great (I would do it for free) that I would do it friday and saturdays... so, my job will be, to drive the cars from place to place (note one of their porsche dealers in FLORIDA (10-12 hours away) that they just brought in 2 porsches from this past week, a turbo and a carrera.

So, my new job will be driving tight cars around! heheheh, couldn't have asked for a better one!

(The funny thing is, he knows I have a speeding ticket of 130mph on my record...)

Just thought I would share the joy.. oh yah, one dealer, currently has a NSX and Ferrari (dont know what kind) on their lot.. they get a weekly refresh, so looks like once a week I get a tight ride heheh, I'll post pics every once in a while

He also does some cars from random lots, including Honda's, Nissan's, Toyota's, etc etc - so I'll be driving on the fun stuff, I can't wait! I have never been this excited to "work" in my life hehehe, seems like I should have to pay them.
Old 01-24-2001, 07:02 PM

die... die a horrable death......

:P... sounds great.. snake me a 12 an hour job while ur at it!
Old 01-24-2001, 07:05 PM

not ragging on you or anything, it's good for you to have a godo time and do something you love, that's cool.
but for the person who hires you for the specific job, there is something to be said about him, for hiring a 16 years old to drive cars worth quite a fortune for a long distance traveling. i mean seriously, how many of you will hand the car to him if you are the dealership where he is picking the car up?
Old 01-24-2001, 07:08 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by WoodEar
not ragging on you or anything, it's good for you to have a godo time and do something you love, that's cool.
but for the person who hires you for the specific job, there is something to be said about him, for hiring a 16 years old to drive cars worth quite a fortune for a long distance traveling. i mean seriously, how many of you will hand the car to him if you are the dealership where he is picking the car up?
you got a point chris....if i was the guy...no way in hell...but i know some 30-50 year olds that would act like 16 year olds when driving the cars so its basically a lose lose situation...
Old 01-24-2001, 07:19 PM

welp,

the guy that owns the conditioning place, is a VERY good friend of the family, and he knows I am a really good driver ( alittle fast, but skill wise, good - after 40hours of driving school and 12 traffic school classes (court mandated or whatver hehe)), and right now he has a bunch of drug addicts doing it hehe.. I know what your saying though, if I were a dealer Id be like ummm kiddo, your not driving this porsche turbo 12 hours heheheh!

oh well, its all good
Old 01-24-2001, 08:40 PM

Re: welp,

[/I]
and right now he has a bunch of drug addicts doing it hehe
oh well, its all good [/I]
Please REMIND me to NEVER Ever buy a Car from a dealership that deals with your Friend!!!!

Quite Frankly, If your friend is gonna just hire some freaks (not refering to YOU) cuz they are Cheap labour, who will definitely ABUSE the cars, I have NO Respect for him!
Old 01-24-2001, 08:51 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

You got a ticket for 130mph????

any liscense suspension???? good luck at your new job........
Old 01-24-2001, 08:56 PM

130MPH, and all you got was a ticket?

Wouldnt have been that way on "Chips"
Old 01-24-2001, 09:02 PM

actually, when you think about it, it's prolly just bs
i mean:
1) 130mph and just a ticket?
2) dealers with the exotics, you think they will put any significant mileage on it to move it to a detail shop, and once a week?? most likely in house job i would say.
3) no dealer will give a car to a 16 yr old, the detail shop owner has to know that, thus unless he doesn't want any business from those dealers anymore, then he will send a 16 yrs old to pick up cars.

just my 0.02.
Old 01-24-2001, 09:04 PM

and on second thought.....to my knowledge all the NEW Ferrari's are sold out, are they not? They do tend to sell pretty fast, for SOME reason
Old 01-24-2001, 09:09 PM

i just want to know what kind of dealer would send their own car 12 hours away? The milage on that would be horrible
Old 01-24-2001, 09:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

the look on the dealer's face when they see a 16 yr old step out of $100K+ car...priceless

Congrats with the new job, don't do anything I would do...wait, do EVERYTHING I would do!!!
Old 01-24-2001, 10:08 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Good 'ole CHiPS!!!!!!

130mph wouldn't have phased them one bit, they would've been right on your ****.....Maxima or not, CHiPS will always get their man!

Originally posted by Maxima-Ness

Old 01-24-2001, 10:09 PM

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!! THE PAIN!!!>>! HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHA
Old 01-24-2001, 10:34 PM
STFU n00b!

He looks suspiciously similar to the Crocodile Hunter...
Old 01-25-2001, 02:04 AM

Re: Good 'ole CHiPS!!!!!!

Originally posted by DA-MAX

130mph wouldn't have phased them one bit, they would've been right on your ****.....Maxima or not, CHiPS will always get their man!

Originally posted by Maxima-Ness

Old 01-25-2001, 02:07 AM

Yeah, it was funny; last night i was playing around on the Dupont Registry's homepage, and figured out that if i wanted to get that red 1990 Ferrari F40 I want so bad, it would cost me $31,466.00 per month for 60 months, and I would still owe $150,000.00 at the end!

I make my second installment in 3 weeks
Old 01-25-2001, 04:34 AM

about the ticket... (I posted this a while back when I got it).. The officer said he was letting me off REAL easy by giving me only a citation rather then taking me with him. It was a mandatory court appearance, and my father sent his lawyers (whom I got to pay for, VERY VERY expensive!!) although my father won't tell me what happened in court, here is what I know now
all in all:
*I was grounded from driving for 2 months b/c of the parents
*I am on probation by law for 6 months
*somehow the ticket got changed to reckless driving and I got 4 points, but those were taken off by many ky state traffic school classes.

The florida dealer, 99% of the time trucks their cars - I have NO clue why that is done, but it is done, and yes, occasionally for whatever reason they get them driven here, such as the two porsches.

I did not say it was a NEW ferrari dealer, whoever said the new ones were sold out.. Louisville, KY could not provide enough business for one, its just a expinsive imports place, lots of porsches, like I said a NSX, and I know there is a Ferrari sitting there (I dont know what model, and it IS NOT NEW just to clear up anyone who was confused) too right now, rolls royces (talked to the driver who got to drive it last week), etc etc etc - All the dealers but the one in florida are 2-20 miles from this guys shop. BMW, Infiniti, Lexus, those boys are about 4-5, but there is a nice hard S curve on the way heheh

I can't wait... I'll definately take a camera with me when I start, so I'll post a pic of me in a tight car in front of the place, would that convince you WoodEar, or maybe I need to take video (yah right)...
Old 01-25-2001, 05:11 AM

Originally posted by hlh0501
about the ticket... (I posted this a while back when I got it).. The officer said he was letting me off REAL easy by giving me only a citation rather then taking me with him. It was a mandatory court appearance, and my father sent his lawyers (whom I got to pay for, VERY VERY expensive!!) although my father won't tell me what happened in court, here is what I know now
all in all:
*somehow the ticket got changed to reckless driving and I got 4 points, but those were taken off by many ky state traffic school classes.
Hmmmm, where I come from..Nashville..they would slice a 16 year old up and have them for dinner for a speeding ticket of 130. You wouldn't drive for a year, license would be suspended. And why? It's for your own good and a good way to set an example for other foolish kids...like your friends, who would know of your offense. My 16yr old, who has his permit is screaming that he needs his license before February something..some new graduated law goes into effect. I'm not so sure I oppose the graduated thing. Some wouldn't get a second change to learn a lesson about driving 130 mph. I am planning on letting him get it (he doesn't know that yet), just waiting on the form that I need, he's homeschooled now so it's not just going to the office to get it.

And yes, you may have great driving skills..but 130 mph says it all. Can you imagine what the employer's insurance company would say about a 16 year old driving these vehicles? A 16yr old washing them, detailing them and driving them around the lot is one thing, going on a public road is altogether a different story, whether that be a 2000 Malibu, Geo or a 1990 Porche. My .02 cents from dealing with a 16 yr old driver on a daily basis.

-L
Old 01-25-2001, 03:10 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

to keep the theme

Hmmm, where i come from...a 16 year old can't legally drive by himself!
Old 01-25-2001, 03:42 PM

so why doesn't the guy use a transport service and place several cars on a trailer? If it's 12 hours away (it's like driving from PA to FL), that's a long *** haul.
Old 01-25-2001, 04:11 PM

opposite extremes

Originally posted by Chris91SE
to keep the theme

Hmmm, where i come from...a 16 year old can't legally drive by himself!
I understand the business reason to hire someone young, the wages are extremely low but teenagers are still content. A grown man would never be willing to work for so little, and at the same time it would be a status thing too. No adult likes to do menial jobs.

It's hard to say which group is more dangerous, the 16-20 group or the 76-80 one. Either way it adds up to needless accidents. But since males reach their athletic prime at about age 19, there's no reason they can't be good drivers if they were to practice and learn responsibility. Then again, males having responsibility is an oxymoron in itself. At least my wife thinks so, and I tend to agree. Ferrari up boys.

Old 01-25-2001, 04:30 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

hey guys cut him some slack.. im sure he gets oooh say 20$ an hour ummm dunno but wouldn't u think you have to be at least oooh 18 before you can do that.. just think.. i mean your a good driver.. but say someone hits u.. and ur in oooh say a CLK55AMG i dunno but im sure insurace and many a lawsuit would follow you.. hey your 16 get a job most 16 year olds would have.. ohh and ummm just incase.. wake up too dreaming about jobs just isn't gonna get u money let alone anything else.. ohhh and pretty please can i have your job!! muwhahahahaha much rather do that than what i have to do
Old 01-25-2001, 04:48 PM

congrats on the job, u lucky guy

so what were u driving when got caught at 130 mph and where were u at (empty 4 or 6 lane) and was it day or night?
Old 01-25-2001, 04:53 PM

My job

I valet cars for hotels and restaurants. I'm driven mostly everything. Not many nice nice cars come, mostly common cars such as caddy's bemmers, and benz's. Rarest was a Porche 911. Others were 2001 Corvette(auto), and a 3000GT. It surprises when a nice M3 pulls up and its auto.
Old 01-25-2001, 04:58 PM

12 hours in a porsche?

Im thinking that would start to suck. I mean they are so small and all. At first it would be call, but damn 12 hours driving anything would start to hurt.
Hope they give you a Valintine 1, or a radar jammer!
Old 01-25-2001, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by hlh0501
all in all:

The florida dealer, 99% of the time trucks their cars - I have NO clue why that is done, but it is done, and yes, occasionally for whatever reason they get them driven here, such as the two porsches.

I did not say it was a NEW ferrari dealer, whoever said the new ones were sold out.. Louisville, KY could not provide enough business for one, its just a expinsive imports place, lots of porsches, like I said a NSX, and I know there is a Ferrari sitting there (I dont know what model, and it IS NOT NEW just to clear up anyone who was confused) too right now, rolls royces (talked to the driver who got to drive it last week), etc etc etc - All the dealers but the one in florida are 2-20 miles from this guys shop. BMW, Infiniti, Lexus, those boys are about 4-5, but there is a nice hard S curve on the way heheh

I can't wait... I'll definately take a camera with me when I start, so I'll post a pic of me in a tight car in front of the place, would that convince you WoodEar, or maybe I need to take video (yah right)...
Wow, the story keeps getting better! I live in Louisville KY too! My parents happen to work for the LPD BTW! The only thing i can agree on is that Louisville definately does not have a Ferrari dealership. and, what dealership is this, ill swing by it some time and see what they have
Old 01-26-2001, 04:46 AM

maxina-ness, are you serious? where you at boy, lets meet up

The dealership with the tight cars that come through is Prestige Auto on Grinstead Drive. I got my ticket around 8pm in the evening, so it was getting dark here, and it was on a 4 lane road (Gene Synder Freeway) where the speed limit is 65mph. The roads were basically clear except my friend in a black '96 toyota avalon that was trying to screw with me. I was in my '95 maxima.

for the people stuck on the florida thing, did you not see when I put

"The florida dealer, 99% of the time trucks their cars - I have NO clue why that is done, but it is done, and yes, occasionally for whatever reason they get them driven here, such as the two porsches." ??
Old 01-26-2001, 06:20 AM

Yeah, i know the place youre talkin about. Thats close to my house. Cops are a ***** on the Snyder, was it county or city that pulled you over?
come see me at the dealership sometime. im sure i could score ya some rides in some nice Max's and of course, next fall, the Z
Old 01-26-2001, 10:06 AM

yeah ok, a new porsche turbo, being driven 10-12hr away each way to get detailed. that car's value drops $20k right away, you've gotta be kidding me.
Old 01-26-2001, 02:01 PM

Originally posted by WoodEar
yeah ok, a new porsche turbo, being driven 10-12hr away each way to get detailed. that car's value drops $20k right away, you've gotta be kidding me.
that's what I don't get. No car dealership in their right mind would put that much mileage on an exotic car, along with driving it AFTER getting detailed!! rock chips? hello?? bugs?? hello?
Old 01-26-2001, 02:15 PM
OG :)

nope, not jealous