General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

NEWS: Etown meet on the 7th ..

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2000, 07:11 AM

well from posting back and forth in the NE bbs most people like the 7th as a day to go to Etown

if u don't know the 7th is a regular drag day as well as the IMPORT SURVIVAL SERIES IV which is basically a rice show but nonetheless there will be nice rides there
tons of dragging tons of hooked up cars what more could u ask for .. (don't answer that!)

also for the local people the 6th (FRI.) is a regular test and tune drag day and some of us will be headin down on the 6th to drag.. me for one and i think Chris91SE also ?

u could drag on the 7th too if u like but i'd prefer to enjoy the show on that day ..

well anyway i'm new to the board (not to max's however read the sig) and i didn't know if we needed to tell Etown we wuz comin or whatever .. if we go i'd like to get a nice spot with all the max's

right now i'd like to let every1 know whats goin on!

So mark your calendars.. its prolly the last show b4 winter
hope all will attend..
SPREAD THE WORD

thanx a lot

Ant

BTW: Etown link -- http://www.etownraceway.com
go to drag sched.

Old 09-14-2000, 07:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I am there

I'll be coming down. Hmm.... drags on friday... What time would that happen? I'm kinda curious about how my car would do. Anyways, I think I'll be caravanning (if thats a word) down w/ Chris91SE. See you there.
Old 09-14-2000, 07:31 AM
Banned

Nice to see some interest

in Englishtown. I am usually the only one at these races
and have to hang with the 300Z guys. There are usually 15
Zs that show and one lonely maxima.

I will be returning from my vacation on Saturday but will
be at the Sunday event. There will be one more Import event
on November 5th incase you miss the upcoming one.

This has been something that I have tried to get other maxima owners to come too.
Everything is there, food, restrooms, racing, car shows and above all the standard
meet and greet other owners.
Old 09-14-2000, 07:55 AM

yup yup

i believe drag fees are 35$ and i think you need a helmet .. o not to mention that we need to either meet in the general parkin lot cuz the parkin lot in the back gets full easily and i think you need to pay a fee for that too ... so we need to head down early so we can be there ...last import show i went to - the Tanabe Skyline was there at that one ... it was Very hot bring water and ice and stuff and maybe even food - take the most obscure directions cuz most ppl take the easy way which is always packed and ummmm

Get there early cuz the lot fills up quick and it closes - no entry after 1 i believe so if we wanna park together get Spots .... this is all i can recall from last time i went which was a while ago ... some with previous experiance care to comment ?
=P
Old 09-14-2000, 08:20 AM

GREAT

its great to see respones

okay let me answer a few ques:
Supa Lao: FRIDAY
Gates Open 5:00 pm, Eliminations begin 8:00 pm. Tech Closes 9:00 PM.
$7 Pit/Crew
so that's what goes on Friday i'd get there at 5:00 so you could get in an extra run maybe
rules on on the etown page... go check it out
i know u got to get your car tech'd .. (inspected)b4 u run
also a helmet is a must
check the page also for the prices...
pretty sure $20 to get drag but if its your first time u gotta buy a number..

Jeff: thanx for the info.. sorry u won't be there i still haven't seen u run .. it seems everytime u go i don't.. dam
but i'll make plans for Nov. 5th

Stillnmax: yes we need to get there early thas why i suggest meeting sumwhere on the road in a parkin lot right b4 the entrance to etown and we could drive in together. yeah there's always phat cars there (skyline.. to bad it lost to that rice machine) yeah i'll post the best directions later if we decide to meet sumwhere b4

Ant
Old 09-14-2000, 02:21 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by Ant95se
well from posting back and forth in the NE bbs most people like the 7th as a day to go to Etown

if u don't know the 7th is a regular drag day as well as the IMPORT SURVIVAL SERIES IV which is basically a rice show but nonetheless there will be nice rides there
tons of dragging tons of hooked up cars what more could u ask for .. (don't answer that!)

also for the local people the 6th (FRI.) is a regular test and tune drag day and some of us will be headin down on the 6th to drag.. me for one and i think Chris91SE also ?

u could drag on the 7th too if u like but i'd prefer to enjoy the show on that day ..

well anyway i'm new to the board (not to max's however read the sig) and i didn't know if we needed to tell Etown we wuz comin or whatever .. if we go i'd like to get a nice spot with all the max's

right now i'd like to let every1 know whats goin on!

So mark your calendars.. its prolly the last show b4 winter
hope all will attend..
SPREAD THE WORD

thanx a lot

Ant

BTW: Etown link -- http://www.etownraceway.com
go to drag sched.

im going...did you catch my reply on the mailing list...if not....i can paste it here....
Old 09-14-2000, 03:28 PM

what does everybody race at e-town or is it a hang out

Old 09-14-2000, 03:40 PM

someone email me and we will set up a place to meet be 4 the parking lot. im serious i actually wanna do this!
Old 09-14-2000, 04:38 PM

etown(reply

also sunday is NIRA/TOYO import car show and races. http://www.etownraceway.com
Old 09-14-2000, 07:51 PM
ryz

i will be there , keep the info coming .BTW where are the auto gear pictures?
Old 09-14-2000, 08:03 PM
ryz

i will be there , keep the info coming .BTW where are the auto gear pictures?

ahhh, i found them
Old 09-14-2000, 08:10 PM

Uh oh... I don't have a helmet. What do they check w/ inspection? I got some time to think about it...
Old 09-14-2000, 08:41 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by Supa Lao
Uh oh... I don't have a helmet. What do they check w/ inspection? I got some time to think about it...
you gonna run on sat.?....i think im just going to take in the show....if i go fri night im runnin'
Old 09-15-2000, 06:05 AM

Ok OK

Once again its great to see people responding...
If anyone has any ques please don't hesistate to ask ..

now
Chris: i got ur email and i replied .. did u get my reply
yeah i'll be there fri to drag and sat for the show...

Sexyred: Etown is Englishtown raceway park.. a drag strip located in Englishtown, NJ... it is essentialy a drag strip but they have a huge parkin lot and from time to time they will have car shows in the parkin lot .and people hang out there ... its not like a fri night hangout or anytin but its open most days of the week for races .. please visit the site for more info.. http://www.etownraceway.com
any more ques.. just ask

00Blackmax: on Fri 6th i am goin with whoever else to drag .. if u wanna meet that day cool. however the day i'd like to meet outside is on SAT 7th for the show... what day are you goin...if its for the 7th i've yet to find a place ot meet. i'll post one soon.. or if anyone knows of a place let me know..

ryz: please read what i wrote above and my ealier posts also the ones in the NE bbs for what the sched is.

Supa Lao: I'm sure you could find a helmet sumwhere .. a motorcycle or off-road helmet .. if not i'm sure someone's got an extra one .. don't worry bout that ..
the tech inspec. is really bull they don't do that much i don't know exactly what they check it might be posted on their page..but if u've seen the p.o.s cars that run there you wouldn't be worried bout ur max..

Chris91SE: i'm runnin on Fri .. show on sat...

ANNOUNCEMENT::::::
Okay so i'm gonna call etown soon and ask if we get a group meet can we get a spot in the show and would we get a better price.. if so i'd like to know how many people are gonna show up...
PLEASE let people know about this...

c'mon where is the NE crew...
JJW95SC, wicked1044, Vic ,need4pwr, radpp16 and the rest of the people that i met at autogear.. where the NYC Peoples at ..

Ant

Thanx
Old 09-15-2000, 06:36 AM

I am there

Count me there.
Old 09-15-2000, 06:40 AM

your sure ?

are you sure your goin to make it ? hehe we know your track record is ok but it has been gettin worse as the meets come and go !! hahah just breakin your ballz bro .. look forward to see in you there ... anyone know why the NE max list serv was killed off?

=/ too early to set up a caravan ? i think not - if your leavin from NY and wanna do a Pre-Game meet on a service area on NJTP lemme know that would be kinda nice so we can all show up at the same time
Old 09-15-2000, 09:06 AM

If I go on Fri, there's a big posibility I will run. Sat is just for show, no racing for me on the track.
Old 09-15-2000, 03:43 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

ant....count me as 2 cars...im going to see if bl513 wants to go..he doesn't post much but im sure he'd be up for the meet...
Old 09-15-2000, 06:06 PM

give a number of 30

tell them there will be 30 total ppl - and we will pay at the gate ... not advanced - set up some sort of password deal or something .....
Old 09-15-2000, 06:28 PM

How's this going to work now?

I'm interested in a meet but don't want to run (must get L10). BTW, do they supply/rent helmets if you don't own one?

What'll it cost for us all to meet up in the parking lot? Where exactly do we meet? Oh, and I'll need directions coming from Princeton NJ (rte 206 or 287).

Thanks!
Jim
Old 09-15-2000, 06:50 PM

hey, us Z owners aren't so bad!

Originally posted by Jeff K
in Englishtown. I am usually the only one at these races
and have to hang with the 300Z guys. There are usually 15
Zs that show and one lonely maxima.

I will be returning from my vacation on Saturday but will
be at the Sunday event. There will be one more Import event
on November 5th incase you miss the upcoming one.

This has been something that I have tried to get other maxima owners to come too.
Everything is there, food, restrooms, racing, car shows and above all the standard
meet and greet other owners.

at us Z owners actually show up to the drag races, not like the big whopping two-four Maximas that show ROFL That's sad considering that more Maximas are sold in 10 months than over the 7 years the Z32s were sold in the US.

how are the PIAAs working out for you, Jeff?
Old 09-15-2000, 06:52 PM

Originally posted by Supa Lao
Bring your driver's license and they can loan you one for ~ $1-2 just get there a little early since they run out after a few hours.
Old 09-15-2000, 06:54 PM

Re: How's this going to work now?

Originally posted by JJW95SC
I'm interested in a meet but don't want to run (must get L10). BTW, do they supply/rent helmets if you don't own one?

What'll it cost for us all to meet up in the parking lot? Where exactly do we meet? Oh, and I'll need directions coming from Princeton NJ (rte 206 or 287).

Thanks!
Jim
<a href="http://www.etownraceway.com">LINK</a>

exit 8, 8A, or 9 of the NJ turnpike. That'll give you a general area. Visit the site and look at the directions.

I'll be there definately on Sunday. I don't know about Saturday yet
Old 09-15-2000, 07:17 PM

hey

is this sig pic any better
Old 09-15-2000, 07:18 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: hey

Originally posted by Stillnmax
looks the same to me...what did you change?
Old 09-15-2000, 07:22 PM

Re: Re: hey

Originally posted by Chris91SE
resized smaller now
Old 09-15-2000, 07:24 PM

just

just talked to Greg from CT otherwise known as Drummer234 - he said he was definetly interested in coming to the meet
Old 09-15-2000, 07:27 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Old 09-15-2000, 07:28 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

when i posted it was still big....now its resized...much better neel
Old 09-16-2000, 07:55 AM

Friday im gonna run. saturday im gonna watch.
Old 09-16-2000, 09:45 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Me and 2 friends are planning on coming on friday afternoon to watch the drags and then sleep at a motel or something and check out the show on saturday.

Count me in!

BTW- i don't think i'll be dragging on friday since
a). i have no power mods yet and
b). i can't really launch too good and i'm not a huge fan of making an *** out of myself

Keep me informed of any changes though!

Chris
Old 09-16-2000, 01:17 PM

Originally posted by CKNY
Me and 2 friends are planning on coming on friday afternoon to watch the drags and then sleep at a motel or something and check out the show on saturday.

Count me in!

BTW- i don't think i'll be dragging on friday since
a). i have no power mods yet and
b). i can't really launch too good and i'm not a huge fan of making an *** out of myself

Keep me informed of any changes though!

Chris
If you're going to make the trip down, come on Sunday; Sunday is when all of the main events are happening - drags, show, bikini contests, etc.. 7000+ spectators. Saturday is going to fairly slow in comparison.
Old 09-16-2000, 05:11 PM

hmmm so maybe i should make it saturday/sunday... thanks for letting me know!

Do you know what time it usually is on sunday? like from what to what?

THanks!
Chris
Old 09-16-2000, 08:24 PM

hmmm so maybe i should make it saturday/sunday... thanks for letting me know!

Do you know what time it usually is on sunday? like from what to what?

THanks!
Chris
Saturday is a continuation of the Toyo event that got partially rained out at Maple Grove Raceway in August. At around 10 am they are finishing the Pro Class races. At ~ 2-2:30 they will have the Import Survival Series. Time Trials end @ 5 pm, which is when the Heads Up racing begins. Bracket racing starts at ~ 7 pm and usually ends at 10-11 pm, depending on the number of racers and if the cleanup crews don't have any stuff to work on the track.

On Sunday, gates open @ 8 am, runs start @ 10ish am. Elims start @ 1-2 pm (bikini contest usually starts @ 12 pm =) ) Bracket racing usually will go to about 6ish. I'll be there around 10 am on Sunday.
Old 09-17-2000, 07:16 AM

Cool, my friend and I will probably go to six flags on saturday and sleep over in a motel or something and then go sunday morning. Can't wait =) It's my first time at ETown. Are there gonna be big names there with there cars on sunday or is it all regular people racing??

Also - bikini contest?? In october? **** it's about 50 degrees right now in ny, i'm freezing those girls are gonna be so cold........ wait - even better hahahaha

Chris
Old 09-17-2000, 07:47 AM

Cool, my friend and I will probably go to six flags on saturday and sleep over in a motel or something and then go sunday morning. Can't wait =) It's my first time at ETown. Are there gonna be big names there with there cars on sunday or is it all regular people racing??

Also - bikini contest?? In october? **** it's about 50 degrees right now in ny, i'm freezing those girls are gonna be so cold........ wait - even better hahahaha

Chris
On SUnday, guys like Bergenholz, Paisley, Ten, Ibarra, Rado, etc.. all are shooting for the Carparts.com prize money, so you'll see tons of big names there.

cold nipples LO<L
Old 09-17-2000, 08:21 AM

niiiiiiice i'll be there then =)

Chris
Old 09-17-2000, 03:55 PM

hmm

well Got rice .. has brought up a point ..
i thought the show and contests were on sat .. thas how they were in the past when i went .. it all happened on the day of the survival series

NEED FEEDBACK:

would people like to go race on sat and watch on sunday ..
for me it don't matter cuz i live close but some people are spending the weekend so they might wanna stay on sunday
and it looks like the show is on sunday not saturday either....sorry my mistake .. i misinformed..
i hope this doesn't create a problem for any1
so the show is on sunday thas when we are gonna meet and drive in together..

PLEASE LET ME KNOW
if people who are staying overnight would like to race sat and watch sunday

or race fri and come back sunday for the show for those people who live close and aren't stayin anyway ..

i will be calling etown monday morning so hopefully the info will be posted by monday night .. thanx

Ant
Old 09-17-2000, 07:22 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: hmm

well i can only go for saturday since i play in a football league on sunday's and can't miss a game...

i hope everyone still goes on saturday...i think that even if the event isn't so great (there still will be races and a show) it would be cool to have a meet and a good number of maximas representing....

im down for a few runs on the track then on saturday too since i have never done it before
Old 09-17-2000, 07:36 PM

ants - i will be there sunday and i'll be staying over saturday night so i can be there early sunday for the caravan... even though i'll feel pretty ****ty with my basically stock max haha

Chris

Quick Reply: NEWS: Etown meet on the 7th ..