General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

TV in my Maxima [pics]

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2001, 07:29 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Ok, well here they are, I went outside this morning (in the freezing cold snow) and took some pics of my TV. Let me know what you guys think.

Also, the whole writeup on the install and stuff can be found here:

http://bubblemax.homestead.com/files/maxp3.htm
or
http://bubblemax.homestead.com/files/maxtv.htm

Those pages explain the pictures and stuff.

Give me some feedback!! Here's the pictures:

Chris
Old 01-25-2001, 07:56 AM

Dude, sweeeeeeeet! How's the reception?
Old 01-25-2001, 08:11 AM

Hey dude....

How about deleting either this post or the one in the Audio Forum. Just need one probably.
Old 01-25-2001, 08:27 AM

Your car looks tight!! $200 is a great price. Who installed it and how much did that cost? If your from NY would you recommend that place? I'm looking to do something similar.
Old 01-25-2001, 08:27 AM

I didn't hook up a TV tuner because a). they're a lot of money and b). who wants to watch ch 2,4,5,7,9,11 anyway? Right now it's a display for my computer and once I get enough $$ together in goes a DVD player. =)

Chris
Old 01-25-2001, 08:29 AM

Re: Hey dude....

Originally posted by Jambo
How about deleting either this post or the one in the Audio Forum. Just need one probably.
done.
Old 01-25-2001, 08:31 AM

Originally posted by krazydutch44
Your car looks tight!! $200 is a great price. Who installed it and how much did that cost? If your from NY would you recommend that place? I'm looking to do something similar.
$200 for the tv new on ebay. The place I got it installed has to be one of the best installer places in the world. I did it myself

Chris
Old 01-25-2001, 08:38 AM

WOW!!

First off, that is a tight install and it looks awesome!!
Only got a couple of questions for you...How did you get the signal from your computer to the LCD?? Also what connection did you use to the LCD, video cable, s-video cable?? You could kind of do the same thing for the DVD player as you did for the HD. Just put the opening for the player in the pocket opening. That would be totally custom and look bad-a$$!! Well, that's just my 2 cents. Totally cool looking install. Let us know if anything comes up and also post some pics with the LCD on...
Old 01-25-2001, 08:45 AM
My 4DSC

Pretty good deal on indash DVD/CD player at....

Originally posted by CKNY
I didn't hook up a TV tuner because a). they're a lot of money and b). who wants to watch ch 2,4,5,7,9,11 anyway? Right now it's a display for my computer and once I get enough $$ together in goes a DVD player. =)

Chris
http://www.millionbuy.com
The Panasonic indash DVD/CD player is under $600...
i thought that was a pretty good deal...
if you know somewhere else to get one cheaper please let me know cuz i plan on getting a TV/DVD pretty soon.

Old 01-25-2001, 01:30 PM

That's sweet. All you need is the DVD player and autopilot.
Old 01-25-2001, 08:59 PM

Re: WOW!!

Originally posted by Dustyroads
First off, that is a tight install and it looks awesome!!
Only got a couple of questions for you...How did you get the signal from your computer to the LCD?? Also what connection did you use to the LCD, video cable, s-video cable?? You could kind of do the same thing for the DVD player as you did for the HD. Just put the opening for the player in the pocket opening. That would be totally custom and look bad-a$$!! Well, that's just my 2 cents. Totally cool looking install. Let us know if anything comes up and also post some pics with the LCD on...
Thanks. The signal from the computer to the lcd is achieved using a ATI Xpert @PLay 98 video card. It was the cheapest I could find with tv out ($50). I just hooked up a rca cable from the vid card to the lcd and hooked the audio cables to the head unit (movies sound AWESOME!!)

Chris
Old 01-25-2001, 09:29 PM

one prob man, I can see your reflection ! hehe ahh but very nice, i love the cd player under it. Looks very nice
Old 01-25-2001, 10:11 PM

two thumbs up... nice
Old 01-25-2001, 10:56 PM

Looks very clean, great install!
Old 01-25-2001, 11:09 PM

I Got Mine From EBay Too...

My girlfriend got me a 5.6" LCD Monitor from EBay also for $200 and the dealer threw in a mobile vcr for $60. I've seen others mount theirs where you did yours, but I didn't mount it in the dash because I wanted to keep my Bose unit. So, I used the mounting bracket that was included and mounted it right on top of the dashboard above the 2 middle air vents. It looks nice there and I don't have to worry about theives because I can detach it when ever I choose. Right now, I have the mobile vcr and the Playstation hooked to it until I get a Playstation 2 since there's a built-in dvd player. I'll be soon to post pics up on my Maxima homepage.
Old 01-26-2001, 05:00 AM

Re: I Got Mine From EBay Too...

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
My girlfriend got me a 5.6" LCD Monitor from EBay also for $200 and the dealer threw in a mobile vcr for $60. I've seen others mount theirs where you did yours, but I didn't mount it in the dash because I wanted to keep my Bose unit. So, I used the mounting bracket that was included and mounted it right on top of the dashboard above the 2 middle air vents. It looks nice there and I don't have to worry about theives because I can detach it when ever I choose. Right now, I have the mobile vcr and the Playstation hooked to it until I get a Playstation 2 since there's a built-in dvd player. I'll be soon to post pics up on my Maxima homepage.
Sounds hot, make sure to post pics!

BTW - where did you mount your playstation?

Chris
Old 01-26-2001, 05:30 AM

Re: Re: I Got Mine From EBay Too...

Originally posted by CKNY
Sounds hot, make sure to post pics!

BTW - where did you mount your playstation?

Chris
Oh, I have the vcr in the trunk pointing towards the front so I can use the remote through the backseat armrest and I don't really have the Playstation permanently mounted anywhere, I just let it lay under the driverseat or the shotgun seat. Its powered from one of those AC/DC converters running from the cigarette lighter. Soon the pics will be up.
Old 01-26-2001, 02:58 PM
JC

Hey dude that's very nice btw can we watch the Superbowl i'll bring some beers.
Old 01-26-2001, 03:45 PM

Re: I Got Mine From EBay Too...

How did you connect the audio from your mobile VCR to the Bose unit? FM modulator or one of those tape things, or are you doin somethin else?
Old 01-26-2001, 05:31 PM

Re: Re: I Got Mine From EBay Too...

Originally posted by ericdwong
How did you connect the audio from your mobile VCR to the Bose unit? FM modulator or one of those tape things, or are you doin somethin else?
I'm using a wireless fm modulator I also got from EBay for $20. It runs on 2 AAA batteries and it works perfectly, no ground noise.
Old 01-26-2001, 05:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

that..

looks pretty good.
Old 01-26-2001, 08:06 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

errrrrr

*cough* divx ;-) *cough*... all I have to say. do web a search...
Old 01-26-2001, 10:43 PM