General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

early 90's max beats turbo civic si in street battle

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2000, 11:38 AM

no i dont have a maxima. i have an integra with some mods. i came on here looking for the owner of this maxima. he had a small https://maxima.org sticker on each side of his rear windows. not sure on the year of the maxima but it was like a silverish light blue color and located somewhere in pennsylvania. the street battle races are in pottstown, pa. the maxima was a 4 door, had tinted windows, lowered, rims that looked white and had 5 spokes, exhaust, dont know what was under the hood but from what everyone was saying it was impressive. i heard it was automatic but not sure. i didn't get a close look at it. also this guy is from team kayo car club. is anyone here the owner or knows the owner? i would like to contact this guy in someway. either by email or phone number or whatever.

Old 09-14-2000, 11:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sounds like Ghostwheel.. I could be wrong though..

ZuM
Old 09-14-2000, 12:12 PM

JeffK maybe!?!?

I think he's from PA, he's got a sweet ride that performs.
But his HomePage does show tinted windows.
I think he's around here somewhere....
Old 09-14-2000, 12:18 PM

never mind...

...sorry, didn't realize it was an "early" '90 and bluish.

ok, I'll read slowly next time.

But, JeffK's car is pretty quick.
Old 09-14-2000, 12:36 PM

Re: never mind...

Where is Skymax from? Their really aren't a lot of light blue max's out there... Correct me if I'm wrong, I have never seen this color on a 4th gen.?

Nice to see Max's keep layin' the SMACKDOWN!!!

Jeff

Old 09-14-2000, 12:55 PM

is this it? Skymax, from reding(?), PA.

http://members.nbci.com/maxima_se/maxima/maxima16_2.jpg

or

http://members.nbci.com/maxima_se/maxima/

damn pic wouldn't post.

[Edited by JLT1 on 09-14-2000 at 02:58 PM]

Old 09-14-2000, 01:12 PM

Fits description...

...nice 3rd gen!
Old 09-14-2000, 02:18 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by racer integra
no i dont have a maxima. i have an integra with some mods. i came on here looking for the owner of this maxima. he had a small https://maxima.org sticker on each side of his rear windows. not sure on the year of the maxima but it was like a silverish light blue color and located somewhere in pennsylvania. the street battle races are in pottstown, pa. the maxima was a 4 door, had tinted windows, lowered, rims that looked white and had 5 spokes, exhaust, dont know what was under the hood but from what everyone was saying it was impressive. i heard it was automatic but not sure. i didn't get a close look at it. also this guy is from team kayo car club. is anyone here the owner or knows the owner? i would like to contact this guy in someway. either by email or phone number or whatever.

soounds like skymax...under the hood would be a CAI and i think thats about it...full exhaust done and yes i believe he has an auto....also the car club rings a bell...i would definitely say its skymax...
Old 09-14-2000, 02:21 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

i'd say skymax..
Dan
Old 09-14-2000, 02:44 PM

Is this your man?....

http://www.generation-3.com/users/SkyMax/default.asp

If so then Glad to see SkyMax layin it down.
Old 09-14-2000, 04:47 PM

Re: Is this your man?....

Originally posted by Mr. Rose
http://www.generation-3.com/users/SkyMax/default.asp

If so then Glad to see SkyMax layin it down.

the website doesn't work. i went to http://www.generation-3.com and it doesn't connect.

Old 09-14-2000, 04:52 PM

Originally posted by JLT1
is this it? Skymax, from reding(?), PA.

http://members.nbci.com/maxima_se/maxima/maxima16_2.jpg

or

http://members.nbci.com/maxima_se/maxima/

damn pic wouldn't post.

[Edited by JLT1 on 09-14-2000 at 02:58 PM]

it looks like thats the same maxima. this is a picture http://members.nbci.com/maxima_se/ma...axima57_2.jpg. the only difference is the front is different. it doesn't have a bra mask on the front and instead of that vinyl on his top windshield there is a white decal that says team kayo. does anyone know his email or something?

Old 09-14-2000, 04:54 PM

Originally posted by Chris91SE

soounds like skymax...under the hood would be a CAI and i think thats about it...full exhaust done and yes i believe he has an auto....also the car club rings a bell...i would definitely say its skymax...

do you know his email or something?

Old 09-14-2000, 04:57 PM

Originally posted by DanNY
i'd say skymax..
Dan

do you know his email or something?

Old 09-14-2000, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by ZuMBLe

ZuM

who's ghostwheel?

Old 09-14-2000, 08:48 PM

skymax for sure

he had a turbo, but toasted his motor, so he's back to the drawing board. don't know if he had boost when last seen. last i heard he was going to take two , boost eta ,next summer.
Old 09-14-2000, 10:21 PM

Does this look like it racer intergra........?

http://www.geocities.com/SkyMaxSE/maxima/maxima72_3.jpg
Old 09-14-2000, 10:55 PM

Ghostwheel was a guy here that has a Maxima like you described except I'm not sure about the decals.. But he had NOS.

ZuM

ZuM

who's ghostwheel?
Old 09-15-2000, 08:02 AM

Re: Does this look like it racer intergra........?

thats definitly the maxima i saw at the street battles. unless theres another guy who has the same rims and same color and same tint is this skymax guy. do you know if he has nitrous running or turbo? he was using like 14 inch rims on his front tires probably those special drag tires when he went up against that turbo civic si. i wanna talk to his guy so if anyone can help me out about his location or anything. and does this skymax guy come on this website alot?

Old 09-15-2000, 08:58 AM

Re: Re: Does this look like it racer intergra........?

Why do you want to find him so bad? Gotta make sure you don't want to steal his car or key it or something..

ZuM

thats definitly the maxima i saw at the street battles. unless theres another guy who has the same rims and same color and same tint is this skymax guy. do you know if he has nitrous running or turbo? he was using like 14 inch rims on his front tires probably those special drag tires when he went up against that turbo civic si. i wanna talk to his guy so if anyone can help me out about his location or anything. and does this skymax guy come on this website alot?
Old 09-15-2000, 02:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: Does this look like it racer intergra........?

Why do you want to find him so bad? Gotta make sure you don't want to steal his car or key it or something..

ZuM

you don't understand. this guy is the talk of the town right now. its like this. most of us import fans up here all know each other and we go places and hang out to show off our rides and find out what people did to their rides. we've all seen this maxima for a several months at pottstown cruise nights and recently like early this summer us import guys started street battles. none of us knew this maxima was quick until he raced the civic. nobody i know can contact this guy and i know he doesn't come up here often and since its getting cold out this place is dieing down so i might not get a chance to talk to him. i dont want to see his car or key it. i respect it. is there something wrong about telling someone that he has a nice car?

Old 09-15-2000, 03:28 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

no there is nothing wrong with tyring to be respectful and we respect it...if it is skymax you'll find out...i am going to blast him an email and if it was him he will come to the boards...if not i will let you know...he hasn't been on much since his turbo conversion project failed....
Old 09-15-2000, 03:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Racer Integra.....

...how far are these street battles from central NJ...say Princeton area? I'd love to try my car out in some street racing but no one does that kind of thing around here. It would be cool to meet up and see some other modded cars.

Jim
Old 09-15-2000, 03:56 PM

Ghostwheel is in Houston...

and hasn't had his Max for over a year now. He's driving a heavly modified 300ZX TT -- goes by GhoZTTwheel (or somethign like that) now. BTW - his name is John. I'll be down in Houston to Autocross with them next weekend.

...my tires came in today!!

woo-hoo!

Ryan
Old 09-16-2000, 05:44 AM

Re: Ghostwheel is in Houston...

Yeah, I thought he got rid of his max.. =) And Houston.. Far cry from PA.. =) hehe its the Ghost of Ghostwheel's car.. Hehe..

ZuM

Originally posted by Killermove
and hasn't had his Max for over a year now. He's driving a heavly modified 300ZX TT -- goes by GhoZTTwheel (or somethign like that) now. BTW - his name is John. I'll be down in Houston to Autocross with them next weekend.

...my tires came in today!!

woo-hoo!

Ryan
Old 09-16-2000, 06:51 PM

Re: Racer Integra.....

Originally posted by JJW95SC
...how far are these street battles from central NJ...say Princeton area? I'd love to try my car out in some street racing but no one does that kind of thing around here. It would be cool to meet up and see some other modded cars.

Jim

the street battles are in pottstown, pennsylvania. i'd say its about 45 minutes from philadelphia. i don't know where princeton is in new jersey. i'm guessing another 45 minutes away so your looking at an hour and a half drive. the street for import cruising is called high street. its almost in downtown pottstown. the street battles are not held at high street because it is crowded with cops. when you get to high street you need to ask people where the street battles will be held. it changes every week or so because we don't want cops to find out about it. you should drive down high street and you will see a mcdonalds and the parking lot will be full of import, domestic, lowrider fans. just ask one of those guys if they know about the street battles. you may have to ask a few people because if your a new face they will think your an undercover cop and might tell you they don't know what your talking about. usually the street battles are only during late spring and summer. now since its fall i'm not sure if people are still doing it. the place is dying down as the weeks go by.