General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

car dealer info problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2000, 01:21 PM

hey,
the other day, I had so much time to spare that I decided to
drop in on a random Nissan dealer in Indianapolis to test out the 5 spd 2000 maxima.
so I roll up in my "tricked out" maxima - clear corners, tinted windows, exhaust, lowered...etc. and boy did those dealers jaws drop....lol.
anyways, gave them a bull **** story about wanting to trade my 99 SE - auto for a 2000 SE - 5 spd. so they got the valuations guy to come out and do some calculations.
that guy quoted a $12,000 trade in price for a car with about 13,000 miles on the odometer (my car is about 1 yr 3 months old).
I gasped inside at the price, then he asked me:" son, did you drop your car?" I said :"Yes." So he said:" Did you heat the springs and cut them?" I was insulted then but said:" nope, bought aftermkt parts from Stillen." Stillen who? was the reply...wanted to ask if my car looked anything like a pimped out getthoed pimpmobile? jeez
anyways, he then said my car was non stock, suspension, exhaust, intake...etc. so the low low price.
anyways, in the end I managed to take a brand new 2000 maxima out myself (without salesman in car) for a spin. soon as I leave the lot, I did a burn out...accelerated to 80mph on a 40 zone, took a sweeping right hander turn onto another street. on the way back, power shifted the car, heel-toed from 90mph to about 20mph coming into the dealer lot...the car smelled of smoked tires and brakes...told the dealer that the ride was bad...didn't like it....etc. then left.

another time, visited another dealer to test drive a 300zx, again came up with a bunch of BS, managed to get the car...asked the salesman a list of stuff that was on the car...told me a whole bunch,...but what made my day was that he said:" Judging from the looks of your car, think you know better what this car can do and parts it has. I only know its got aftermarket exhaust..etc." First time I didn't have to hear a bunch of bs from a dealer who would otherwise look like a fool to someone who mods his car.

oh well, the purpose of this exercise was to just waste time here in the computer lab in school happy reading.

rgds

anot
Old 09-14-2000, 02:10 PM

man, that was a really funny post dude!!

I've done that to a couple of cars on test drives, lately the Type S 3.2 from honda, uh, I mean acura!

I came back into the lot and it smelt like burnt car! LOL

oh-well, that's what test drives are for!

anyway, you made me laugh with your post, props!

five